Re: The good TV thread...

Skyler dies of bad AIDS

------------
Millsy , you're a board titan and beyond mere platitudes. Your contribution speaks for itself.

niton (Oct 14)

Girls.  It's an HBO series.  Quirky humour.  Not bad.

Abalone wars , Hillbilly hand fishing and Amish : Out of order.  Essential viewing.

Part of the problem

loopdokter wrote:

is it quirky like yours?

Part of the problem

Dermo wrote:

is it quirky like yours?

Quirky like the original The Office, not the Yank version.

...Breaking Bad, I finally relented

Did series 1 in 2 days, 2,3&4 ready to go..

soundcloud.com/unbroken1

Might have to relent too. No excuses really since the 4 first seasons are all in Netflix.

loopdokter wrote:

Apart from the fact that none of them are really that likeable and the second series kind of loses it toward the end

Game of Thrones starts on Sky on Monday 1st.

Didn't think game of thrones was all that tbh. Don't think I'll be bothering with season 2.

Yant wrote:

Didn't think game of thrones was all that tbh. Don't think I'll be bothering with season 2.

Agreed. So don't get the hype. The fans of the show are insuffarable too; as if you're an idiot for not enjoying dragons and exaggerated dialogue. The second season is better than the first but still....not that great; and for 60M$ per season. She's an absolute dime though. Can't believe the Family Guy guy is stretching her pink.

http://cdn.gofobo.com/files/news/emilia-clarke-431.jpg?1349221709

I always enjoyed the line 'anyway Debbie McGee, what do you see in millionaire Paul Daniels?'

MattBlack wrote:
loopdokter wrote:

Apart from the fact that none of them are really that likeable and the second series kind of loses it toward the end

Still on the first season.  I've heard it trails off in the second season.

I'm well into Community too.

loopdokter wrote:
MattBlack wrote:
loopdokter wrote:

Still on the first season.  I've heard it trails off in the second season.

2nd season peaks with the coke episode

check out my hearthis.at page

living la vida Strudders

Just got into Parks and Recreation, I know its been on in the States for a while but theyve just started showing it on BBC4, season 1 just finished now theyre onto season 2, im also amazed noone over here picked up on Its always sunny in Philadelphia, Managed to watch it on Netflix

Been enjoying The Following and Banshee.

While I always considered it good, I was also a Sopranos hater; given its press over shows like The Wire that I thought was, and still is, far better. That said, HBO has been running the entire six season series every night and, wow, is it great television. For those who haven't bothered, highly recommended.

I wonder if this show will go down as what killed the "Movie." I can speak for myself where I'd rather binge watch 4 hours of great TV, in my own home, with a guarantee of a few hours more than sit in a dank movie theater for 2 hours of beginning, middle, plus- end in predictable fashion. Breaking Bad is better than any movie I've seen in recent years. Game Of Thrones has a comparable budget. What made The Wire great was the development over five seasons; and the development within the seasons.

Season 1. eh? "Season".

...i think it's time to let that one go Tom

soundcloud.com/unbroken1

'Corleone' started on Sky Arts at the weekend. 

Haven't watched 1st episode yet but if its anyway near as good as Romanzo Criminale I'll be sticking with it

Guess who's back .......... 'Odgy's back

lol at fadass not getting the zeitgeist of the board anymore. Resorting to chipping in every now and then like a Father Jack/John's Not Mad character.

Revolution.

Jesus christ what a load of toss.  Managed to get the 2nd ad break of the first episode before switching it off.

On another note, giving Wheeler Dealers - Trading Up a go which started this week.  Good stuff if you like that kind of thaang.

Is this not GU? What happened?

wrongun wrote:

'Corleone' started on Sky Arts at the weekend. 

Haven't watched 1st episode yet but if its anyway near as good as Romanzo Criminale I'll be sticking with it

RC was quality, made you feel more cultured having the subtitles as well.

That main character Dandi was a proper nutter.

Millsy23 wrote:

Skyler dies of bad AIDS

Can we try have a moments silence for Jesses next door girlfriend?

She was like a better Winona Ryder or a young Mia Wallace. Top drawer.

DJ Matt Black. Continuously dumbfounding the masses with his cryptic and incoherent reviews.