Re: Golf

Yant wrote:

Poulter, Westwood and Gallagher get the nod.

Cheers Yant.

Fowler, Els, Garcia, Westwood more to follow for this years irish open in Royal County Down should be good.

I'm booked in to play Castlerock in a few weeks.

Looks tremenballs.

Will Woods return do you think?  Not sure I'd bother if I was him unless I could get back to some decent form where I could realistically challenge for titles again.

Nope I think he's done. I'll give my tuppence worth later when I've got time to write a proper post.

I'll be sad if Woods' race is run - especially as far as his attempt to overhaul Nicklaus' record of Major wins.

I have all the respect in the world for Nicklaus and what he achieved - along with all the other major (no pun intended) names of post war global golf - but Woods was the young kid on the make when I first properly fell in love with the sport and the way he went about his first few professional years was, and still remains, astonishing.  As with very many absolute top level performers he suffers from his flaws outside of his 'place of work', and I've no doubt he can be a more than a bit of a cunt, but I'd love to see him recapture something like the form of the early years and seriously compete in the Majors again.  If that's beyond him then I hope he sees that for what it is and gets the fuck out - I'm sure I'm not the only one who would hate to see Tiger Woods smashing it to all corners and carding shitty scores in pointless tournaments.

Interesting to see his next move for sure...

His knee's gone,  his back can't cope with his swing,  his head's never been right since he was caught fucking everything that moves.

Reckon he's going to bow out with some grace now,  or at least think he should rather than battling to make the cut in each tournament he plays in.

He's nowhere near the same man who did this by any stretch of the imagination:

The problem is, Tigers game has always been about playing right on the edge. He's never been the best driver of the ball, but his recovery skills on and around the green plus his power to get him out of trouble was always more than enough to compensate.

If it were any other player you would expect them to reflect and realise that they need to adapt their game to fit their body and their injuries. But the problem is I don't think tiger is going to be able to do that. His game isn't to just hit fairways and sacrifice a little distance and control - even though that's what he needs to do. Why the fuck was he still swinging the club at 125 mph the other week? Why the fuck didn't he warm up again after the fog delay when you know your body is prone to injury. You have to continue to question his mental state in addition to his physical one and also now his mechanical state as his chipping is truly woeful.

I can't stand the guy as a person. Arrogant, rude etc. Not in the same class as the greatest player to play the game (Nicklaus). Having said that, one of the yank commentatora said it well over the weekend - there are very few sportsmen that move their sport forward. Change it. Tiger changed the face of golf and I for one do not want to see him go out with such a whimper. I hope he doesn't quit.

... in your life have you seen anything like that...

*chills*

Last edited by smashdad (Thursday Feb 2015 01:35:46)

I've never seen that Tiger shot before.

Phenomenal.

Clearly Ed should stick to football and kitchen sinks.

dutchy101 wrote:

His knee's gone,  his back can't cope with his swing,  his head's never been right since he was caught fucking everything that moves.

Reckon he's going to bow out with some grace now,  or at least think he should rather than battling to make the cut in each tournament he plays in.

He's nowhere near the same man who did this by any stretch of the imagination:

Best shot in history.

Also the best Nike advert in history.

Neil Q.

Yep. I bet they couldn't believe it when the ball sat over the hole with the Nike symbol sitting proud before it drops into the hole. It's almost beautiful cinematography. So romantic

Its one of the few times i've ever jumped out of my seat whilst watching golf.

I watch a lot of golf (every tournament every weekend really) and nothing has ever come close to that shot for the sheer drama.  Add to that the fact it was at The Masters, on that particular hole too.....

this has gotten me over Tiger's woes

Any girl that can't distinguish between her grandmother and a wolf is either as dense as teak or comes from a really ugly family

Masters weekend...
smile smile smile

Got Yant down as a full kit wanker when he watches golf.

The bastard love child of Ian Poulter and Payne Stewart in Porsche trabbs.

Jesus freakin' christ.

I'm gonna let rip some poirot style negativity here, but golf is the most boring fucking shit on this planet.  BORE OFF

Would love to enter a debate about negativity with you but allas based on the fact you will be banned again just like you were last week and the week before its pointless. Ta taaa

JFT 39

smallman1 wrote:

Got Yant down as a full kit wanker when he watches golf.

The bastard love child of Ian Poulter and Payne Stewart in Porsche trabbs.

lol. marvellous image and I bet, one not too far off the truth.

Ellen Degeneres and Richard Hammonds Converse or Yants Porsche trabbs?

Tough call.

JFT 39

I've gone large on the betting with my Cheltenham winnnings.

I always wear my Titleist glove when watching The Masters. Better for wanking.

They do say that golf is a good wank spoiled, don't they?

I got Rose at 34-1 on Tuesday, he's now 8-1