Re: The whatever happend to _____ DJ/Producer thread

MattBlack wrote:

That Blue Amazon remix of Skunk Anansie was a DMC exclusive wasn't it?

Yeah it was, that’s one that I do have though. Cracking it is as well

When I play......no dog barks!!!!

Re: The whatever happend to _____ DJ/Producer thread

Unbroken1 wrote:

These threads are always full of the same auld shite... anybody ask about Fabi Paras yet?

Here you go Damo



Dan Harwood wrote:
erik.b wrote:
MattBlack wrote:

Fabi Paras disappeared years ago, probably living in a cave somewhere


or never found his way out the Gardening Club

Matt, he actually runs a key cutting concession near the Arndale Centre.

Prog God

Re: The whatever happend to _____ DJ/Producer thread

...the majority of the 'underground' prog remixes were pretty fucking poor too to be honest, even the big name, BIR-type ones, always sounded like they were done in a rush/to a budget

soundcloud.com/unbroken1

Re: The whatever happend to _____ DJ/Producer thread

Dan Harwood wrote:
Unbroken1 wrote:

These threads are always full of the same auld shite... anybody ask about Fabi Paras yet?

Here you go Damo



Dan Harwood wrote:
erik.b wrote:

or never found his way out the Gardening Club

Matt, he actually runs a key cutting concession near the Arndale Centre.

...hah, textbook.

I'm sure he was smacked out of his tree in the caves of Tora Bora last time we had this thread (6 months ago)

soundcloud.com/unbroken1

Re: The whatever happend to _____ DJ/Producer thread

Unbroken1 wrote:

...the majority of the 'underground' prog remixes were pretty fucking poor too to be honest, even the big name, BIR-type ones, always sounded like they were done in a rush/to a budget

Their remix of Placebo is devastating.

I reckon BIR and Way Out West smashed out a lot of remixes to fund the kit they have in their studios.

Re: The whatever happend to _____ DJ/Producer thread

loopdokter wrote:

Their remix of Placebo is devastating..

Which one, they’ve done 3 iirc

When I play......no dog barks!!!!

Re: The whatever happend to _____ DJ/Producer thread

...not on DMC though was it Loops hmm

I know what BIR were capable of, point I'm making is they (amongst other DMC affiliated-types) knocked out some very sub-par 'in-house'-type mixes on that label

soundcloud.com/unbroken1

Re: The whatever happend to _____ DJ/Producer thread

Unbroken1 wrote:

...someone already answered the Circulation question, no?

anybody ask about Fabi Paras yet?

He now works at Avis hire in Luton

Next High-Soul Society@Star of Bethnal Green http://www.starofbethnalgreen.com
April 11th > march's effort http://m.mixcloud.com/danieloliver72/march-2014/

Re: The whatever happend to _____ DJ/Producer thread

Nick Sneddon wrote:
MattBlack wrote:

That Blue Amazon remix of Skunk Anansie was a DMC exclusive wasn't it?

Yeah it was, that’s one that I do have though. Cracking it is as well

Expensive track to get at the time

Next High-Soul Society@Star of Bethnal Green http://www.starofbethnalgreen.com
April 11th > march's effort http://m.mixcloud.com/danieloliver72/march-2014/

Re: The whatever happend to _____ DJ/Producer thread

Nick Sneddon wrote:
Unbroken1 wrote:

...Steve Anderson recently started uploading shedloads of back-catalogue stuff onto Soundcloud

Some good... some really not

Not downloadable though unfortunately

I've got three words for you: Audio Hijack Pro

"You fucking tit" - La Nausee

Flaresy - Uneasy Listening Vol.1

Re: The whatever happend to _____ DJ/Producer thread

Unbroken1 wrote:

...remember mail-ordering  a few of those DMC remix 12"s (at £15 a pop) because of some 'exclusive' remix I'd heard on the radio.

There would only ever be the one decent track on them, then an array of dodgy Steve Anderson or Phil Kelsey remixes of Michelle Gayle or Bobby Brown and a 15-minute long Shakin' Stevens MEGAMIX on the flip

As I recall, the Phil Dane and Matt Smith remix of Robert Palmer's Addicted To Love was pretty damned awesome...

"You fucking tit" - La Nausee

Flaresy - Uneasy Listening Vol.1

Re: The whatever happend to _____ DJ/Producer thread

flares_and_an_anorak wrote:
Nick Sneddon wrote:
Unbroken1 wrote:

...Steve Anderson recently started uploading shedloads of back-catalogue stuff onto Soundcloud

Some good... some really not

Not downloadable though unfortunately

I've got three words for you: Audio Hijack Pro

...for the iPod maybe, I wouldn't be attempting to DJ with anything I'd randomly ripped from Soundcloud, some of it is uploaded an unplayably low bitrates

soundcloud.com/unbroken1

Re: The whatever happend to _____ DJ/Producer thread

Whats the link for that Dmc page btw, wouldnt mind checking some of them out myself

Re: The whatever happend to _____ DJ/Producer thread

Unbroken1 wrote:
flares_and_an_anorak wrote:
Nick Sneddon wrote:

Not downloadable though unfortunately

I've got three words for you: Audio Hijack Pro

...for the iPod maybe, I wouldn't be attempting to DJ with anything I'd randomly ripped from Soundcloud, some of it is uploaded an unplayably low bitrates

That's the problem with pure digital formats. At least with vinyl you could be sure of a fairly consistent quality because almost everybody in the scene used the same four or five mastering houses.

"You fucking tit" - La Nausee

Flaresy - Uneasy Listening Vol.1

Re: The whatever happend to _____ DJ/Producer thread

...http://www.dmcdownload.com

Don't forget to check out the 'DMC Mix of the Week':
Olly Murs Vs Maroon 5 "Move Over Darlin'"

soundcloud.com/unbroken1

Re: The whatever happend to _____ DJ/Producer thread

Most of the Michael Jackson remixes on DMC were hideous.

JFT 39

Re: The whatever happend to _____ DJ/Producer thread

Unbroken1 wrote:

...http://www.dmcdownload.com

Don't forget to check out the 'DMC Mix of the Week':
Olly Murs Vs Maroon 5 "Move Over Darlin'"

Hahaha, serious mash up there, its like Jive bunny all over again

Re: The whatever happend to _____ DJ/Producer thread

Greed & The Hustlers Convetion did loads of their mixes.... All of them pants

Next High-Soul Society@Star of Bethnal Green http://www.starofbethnalgreen.com
April 11th > march's effort http://m.mixcloud.com/danieloliver72/march-2014/

Re: The whatever happend to _____ DJ/Producer thread

MattBlack wrote:
Unbroken1 wrote:

...http://www.dmcdownload.com

Don't forget to check out the 'DMC Mix of the Week':
Olly Murs Vs Maroon 5 "Move Over Darlin'"

Hahaha, serious mash up there, its like Jive bunny all over again

Tidy

Re: The whatever happend to _____ DJ/Producer thread

steelydan wrote:

Greed & The Hustlers Convetion did loads of their mixes.... All of them pants

Stress had a cross-licensing deal with a Canadian label called Quality Records that I used to get a lot of stuff sent through for the DJ record pool I was in at the time.... Invariably, Quality would laughably (due to their name) cross-license the shittiest records Stress released - like all of The Hustlers Convention stuff.  Some of the Greed stuff was alright though.

Quality's pressings were also terrible.

Last edited by loopdokter (Tuesday Jun 2013 22:52:24)

Re: The whatever happend to _____ DJ/Producer thread

Unbroken1 wrote:

...not on DMC though was it Loops hmm

I know what BIR were capable of, point I'm making is they (amongst other DMC affiliated-types) knocked out some very sub-par 'in-house'-type mixes on that label

The one to which I'm referring was this:

I heard Seaman drag this one out in/around 2004/2005 in Miami for the Audio Therapy/Renaissance party and the place went off when the track launched back into gear.

My understanding was this was a DMC only thing at first?  I could be mistaken.

DMC charged astronomical money for their 12"s.  The US had a similar service, but the name is escaping me.  They were a little more feasible to purchase with our shit exchange rate of the time.

Last edited by loopdokter (Tuesday Jun 2013 22:58:16)

Re: The whatever happend to _____ DJ/Producer thread

loopdokter wrote:
Unbroken1 wrote:

...not on DMC though was it Loops hmm

I know what BIR were capable of, point I'm making is they (amongst other DMC affiliated-types) knocked out some very sub-par 'in-house'-type mixes on that label

The one to which I'm referring was this:

I heard Seaman drag this one out in/around 2004/2005 in Miami for the Audio Therapy/Renaissance party and the place went off when the track launched back into gear.

My understanding was this was a DMC only thing at first?  I could be mistaken.

DMC charged astronomical money for their 12"s.  The US had a similar service, but the name is escaping me.  They were a little more feasible to purchase with our shit exchange rate of the time.


I had that in a regular 12 so it wasn't a DMC only release

Re: The whatever happend to _____ DJ/Producer thread

loopdokter wrote:
mr rossi wrote:

Steve Anderson.The other half of BIR.Was he head of Stress records as well.

There were 3 people to Brothers In Rhythm: Steve Anderson, Alan Bremner and Dave Seaman.

It would appear Mr. Anderson has moved into the pop world: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elouise

Alan is still doing music as well, but I think more in the world of scoring music for film and commercials, but is mostly doing photography these days - http://www.sproutphotography.co.uk/

Alan works for Apple, don't know where you got that film scoring idea from. He did produce stuff as Freefall (maybe ghost produce others) and also programmed/mixed various compilations for DJs #canofworms

His photography is his bit on the side.

My nominations:

DJ Buck
Pure Science
Serge Santiago

Neil Q.

Re: The whatever happend to _____ DJ/Producer thread

Most unlike Loopy to get something factually incorrect.

JFT 39

Re: The whatever happend to _____ DJ/Producer thread

staygold wrote:

Pure Science

Pure class more like. This was always the one for me.......



Driving, totally out there and deep as fuck with those massive chords - glad I stayed strong in my beliefs buying stuff like this back then when Commie and all his mates were saying I was into 'weirdo' music. This is also top drawer deepness.....


"You fucking tit" - La Nausee

Flaresy - Uneasy Listening Vol.1