Re: The whatever happend to _____ DJ/Producer thread

I hear Dan Harwood is back playing out after a hiatus in a kibbutz followed by a stint in rehab.

Re: The whatever happend to _____ DJ/Producer thread

Rehab is for quitters.

Prog God

Re: The whatever happend to _____ DJ/Producer thread

dutchy101 wrote:
Beijing Dave wrote:
MattBlack wrote:

Correct, he was a handbag merchant back in the early 90's, his style started to change when he started playing on radio1

No, other way round I'm afraid, Seb was definitely bashing out the prog-trance when he was playing regularly at Gods Kitchen and Cream circa 1998, he then got the Cream residency in 1999 (I think?) and Radio 1 gig the year after IIRC.

yeah, his Kiss shows with Tall Paul were on more of a trance tip before he moved to Radio 1

I just remember him replacing Judge Jules on radio1 and when he was playing on Kiss his sets were certainly more hand bag, funnily enough Jules played a much more varied selection before he moved to radio 1 and got bitten by the trance bug

Is that true about Fabi Dan, i might go and pay him a visit, we had a mutual friend in the Gardening club days, one of Shelleys party crew, doubt hell remember him though

Re: The whatever happend to _____ DJ/Producer thread

millsy23 wrote:

Shiloh
Fortier
Lemon 8

They're probably all still going, I just can't be arsed  to Google them

Shiloh are back and shit. The same sound as current Luke Chable.

Fortier never went anywhere, just dropped out of everybody's radar a bit. He's still active in producing and remixing and they're often quite good too, no bombs but good tools for early sets. He's also quite active in Soundcloud, often sharing sets.

No idea about Harry Lemon.

Re: The whatever happend to _____ DJ/Producer thread

Harry Lemon is still about, crops up occasionally on Twitter

Re: The whatever happend to _____ DJ/Producer thread

Comster wrote:
Dermo wrote:

What happened to the creative half of King of Spin?

Lives in Bristol with his lovely Mrs and two boys
I was best man at his wedding...trufax.

The grumpy half on here I literally spent all of my university years with getting blatted and trying to do seven minute long mixes of Blue amazon records.
The rest of the time I wasted.


Lulz @ the delusion.

John Digweed has two other brothers called Paul and Ringo

Flaresy - Uneasy Listening Vol.1

Re: The whatever happend to _____ DJ/Producer thread

Is Bill Hamel still producing stuff?

Re: The whatever happend to _____ DJ/Producer thread

Yant wrote:

Is Bill Hamel still producing stuff?

I actually got sent a tune by him a few months back, wasn't that good though

Re: The whatever happend to _____ DJ/Producer thread

flares_and_an_anorak wrote:
Comster wrote:
Dermo wrote:

What happened to the creative half of King of Spin?

Lives in Bristol with his lovely Mrs and two boys
I was best man at his wedding...trufax.

The grumpy half on here I literally spent all of my university years with getting blatted and trying to do seven minute long mixes of Blue amazon records.
The rest of the time I wasted.


Lulz @ the delusion.

Are you two still on speaking terms or did it end like a bitter middle aged divorce ?

Re: The whatever happend to _____ DJ/Producer thread

Moe Lester wrote:

Are you two still on speaking terms or did it end like a bitter middle aged divorce ?

I don't actually speak to anyone, I just sit at my dining room table reading this forum all day, rocking slightly, with a slight trail of dribble in the corner of my mouth.

John Digweed has two other brothers called Paul and Ringo

Flaresy - Uneasy Listening Vol.1

Re: The whatever happend to _____ DJ/Producer thread

flares_and_an_anorak wrote:
Moe Lester wrote:

Are you two still on speaking terms or did it end like a bitter middle aged divorce ?

I don't actually speak to anyone, I just sit at my dining room table reading this forum all day, rocking slightly, with a slight trail of dribble in the corner of my mouth.

Haha.Did you know statistically 1/2 of stroke victims no longer work.

Re: The whatever happend to _____ DJ/Producer thread

Moe Lester wrote:
flares_and_an_anorak wrote:
Moe Lester wrote:

Are you two still on speaking terms or did it end like a bitter middle aged divorce ?

I don't actually speak to anyone, I just sit at my dining room table reading this forum all day, rocking slightly, with a slight trail of dribble in the corner of my mouth.

Haha.Did you know statistically 1/2 of stroke victims no longer work.


This explains everything. If I'd spent less time stroking myself in the past I may not have ended up this way.

John Digweed has two other brothers called Paul and Ringo

Flaresy - Uneasy Listening Vol.1

Re: The whatever happend to _____ DJ/Producer thread

I just hope flareseys daughter isn't reading this and seeing her dad making a fool of himself.


Signed
BDL Senior Member

Re: The whatever happend to _____ DJ/Producer thread

Nice to see you making use of board resources, BF. Theres a lot to be said for using the underline feature.

*deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep breath*  "One game at a time lads" - Strudders (Mar,Apr,May 2014)

Re: The whatever happend to _____ DJ/Producer thread

Chris & James

Digs & Whoosh

Alastair Whitehead

Jeremy Healy

Re: The whatever happend to _____ DJ/Producer thread

Big Fella wrote:

I just hope flareseys daughter isn't reading this and seeing her dad making a fool of himself.


Signed
BDL Senior Member


I'll make sure she catches up on your insightful contributions when she's finished watching Rastamouse.

John Digweed has two other brothers called Paul and Ringo

Flaresy - Uneasy Listening Vol.1

Re: The whatever happend to _____ DJ/Producer thread

liquitech1 wrote:

Jeremy Healy


Haven't heard much about him since he was engaged to Patsy Kensit, but I'm sure his BO is still raging out of control like it always was.

John Digweed has two other brothers called Paul and Ringo

Flaresy - Uneasy Listening Vol.1

Re: The whatever happend to _____ DJ/Producer thread

flares_and_an_anorak wrote:
liquitech1 wrote:

Jeremy Healy


Haven't heard much about him since he was engaged to Patsy Kensit, but I'm sure his BO is still raging out of control like it always was.

Never met him, or been anywhere near him, but I can totally believe Healy stinks. He just looks like he would.

Re: The whatever happend to _____ DJ/Producer thread

sabotini wrote:
flares_and_an_anorak wrote:
liquitech1 wrote:

Jeremy Healy


Haven't heard much about him since he was engaged to Patsy Kensit, but I'm sure his BO is still raging out of control like it always was.

Never met him, or been anywhere near him, but I can totally believe Healy stinks. He just looks like he would.

Four day coke binges in hotels with no change of clothes = Ruin

John Digweed has two other brothers called Paul and Ringo

Flaresy - Uneasy Listening Vol.1

Re: The whatever happend to _____ DJ/Producer thread

liquitech1 wrote:

Chris & James

Digs & Whoosh

Alastair Whitehead

Jeremy Healy


Alister Whitehead's still playing..

As is James Bradley from Chris and James....he lives in/near London, plays in Brixton a fair bit.

Re: The whatever happend to _____ DJ/Producer thread

erik.b wrote:
liquitech1 wrote:

Chris & James

Digs & Whoosh

Alastair Whitehead

Jeremy Healy


Alister Whitehead's still playing..

As is James Bradley from Chris and James....he lives in/near London, plays in Brixton a fair bit.

I used to see James quite a bit when he worked in Tag records didnt realise he still played though

Re: The whatever happend to _____ DJ/Producer thread

MattBlack wrote:
erik.b wrote:
liquitech1 wrote:

Chris & James

Digs & Whoosh

Alastair Whitehead

Jeremy Healy


Alister Whitehead's still playing..

As is James Bradley from Chris and James....he lives in/near London, plays in Brixton a fair bit.

I used to see James quite a bit when he worked in Tag records didnt realise he still played though

yeah, he's a nice guy... he took a track off me a while back.

Here's one of his SC pages, I'll try to find the other for you

http://soundcloud.com/jimpoppyemma

Re: The whatever happend to _____ DJ/Producer thread

Matt Black seems to know everyone over the hill.

Re: The whatever happend to _____ DJ/Producer thread

sabotini wrote:

Matt Black seems to know everyone over the hill.

I dont know Sasha

Re: The whatever happend to _____ DJ/Producer thread

MattBlack wrote:
sabotini wrote:

Matt Black seems to know everyone over the hill.

I dont know Sasha



Zing!!!