Re: The whatever happend to _____ DJ/Producer thread

flares_and_an_anorak wrote:
sabotini wrote:

Haven't heard much about him since he was engaged to Patsy Kensit, but I'm sure his BO is still raging out of control like it always was.

Never met him, or been anywhere near him, but I can totally believe Healy stinks. He just looks like he would.

Four day coke binges in hotels with no change of clothes = Ruin

In fairness even his rather large hooter would probably be too blocked after 4 days to notice BO

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_vzXwRvGmlQU/TINVaDvzMdI/AAAAAAAAANY/jBI5jpLWuUg/s320/Legend+goblin.jpg

DJ Matt Black. Continuously dumbfounding the masses with his cryptic and incoherent reviews.

erik.b wrote:
MattBlack wrote:

Just seen this, good to have them back

http://soundcloud.com/weekend_world

Had a few records of theirs... will check their new stuff out

cheers dude smile

Definitely a few tracks on there that brought back some memories. Held up pretty well over time also.

Jon of the Pleased?

DJ Matt Black. Continuously dumbfounding the masses with his cryptic and incoherent reviews.

starcreeper wrote:

Jon of the Pleased?

Still playing regularly at his own night in Edinburgh I believe. He's on Twitter and had a recent mix up on Soundcloud.

John Digweed has two other brothers called Paul and Ringo

Flaresy - Uneasy Listening Vol.1

Nice.

T.W.A ?

Apparently Hyper lives round my neck of the woods in Oxfordshire and is good mates with someone I bumped into in the local pub.

At least i think it was hyper

Loop Music Mix Show

http://www.loop-music.co.uk

Moe Lester wrote:
Comster wrote:

Lives in Bristol with his lovely Mrs and two boys
I was best man at his wedding...trufax.

The grumpy half on here I literally spent all of my university years with getting blatted and trying to do seven minute long mixes of Blue amazon records.
The rest of the time I wasted.

Lulz @ the delusion.

Are you two still on speaking terms or did it end like a bitter middle aged divorce ?

We see each other now and again and he takes the piss out of me on Facebook regularly.
We were very good mates although he probably won't care to admit it.
I think most people on this forum just all try to keep the badass facade up.

Aaaaw, goooey & heart warming all at once. Have a little man-cuddle next time you hook up. For old times sake.

Part of the problem

Dermo wrote:

Aaaaw, goooey & heart warming all at once. Have a little man-cuddle next time you hook up. For old times sake.

I'd have to do the travelling, he's not bothered about my life.

If you need somebody to mediate let me know.

Part of the problem

Dermo wrote:

If you need somebody to mediate let me know.

Seems like you already are Dr Phil.

Hey, we are a family on here.

Part of the problem

Dermo wrote:

Hey, we are a family on here.

http://www.mileanhour.com/files/2011/2/retard-class-pic.jpg

Beijing Dave wrote:

Also, Anne Savage and Rachel Auburn (massive on the Midlands hard house scene when I was at uni round there)? Also, remember LuvDup? (Handbag merchants, mostly played around Manchester around the same time (late 90s).

Luvdup do reunion/classics gigs for people in their 40s and above still trying to get bang on one and relive acid 'ouse.  Strangely, they became quite well known in Toronto in the early-to-mid 1990s due to a local promoter originally being from Manchester.  The rave company 'Better Days' would frequently bring in a lot of the prog house guys, although as I recall Luvdup did their fair share of handbag house as well.  UKG Soundsystem was another one that I've always wondered where they went off to.

Anne Savage is still knocking about.  She too spent some time living in Toronto in the mid-to-late 1990s and I got to know her a bit. [ka-klang]  I see her posting about gigs/tunes on Facebook.  She plays in/around her native Yorkshire a lot from the looks of things. 

Beijing Dave wrote:

Tom Stephan
Jesse Houk

Stephan is still making, DJing and producing the same stuff he was 10 years ago last I checked - boring tribal drivel.  http://www.tomstephan.com

Jesse 'Spacefrog' Houk is also still very active.  He moved from NYC to New Mexico, got married and appears to be heavily involved with the scene surrounding Burning Man.  He also has a regular podcast.  https://www.facebook.com/ScumfrogArtist 

millsy23 wrote:

Shiloh
Fortier
Lemon 8

Shiloh are still active and run a regular podcast on Frisky Radio and are releasing stuff along the prog trance/melodic prog house vein.  Justin also does film work, while Colin is a graphic designer.  Both brothers have young families, so they don't tour as much as they used to.  They also have an indie rock band with Luke Chable.

Chris Fortier is still as active as ever.  He moved back to Orlando from NYC and is still running Fade Records.  He pretty much dropped the progressive house thing outright about 8 years ago and started doing a more minimal/tech house/techno thing and continues to do so on both a production and DJ tip.  He's possibly one of the nicest guys in dance music.

Lemon8 is still knocking out tracks and was working on an album last I heard. 

Yant wrote:

Is Bill Hamel still producing stuff?

The Hamster is still having lunch with BT.  He got involved with more commercial dance music knocking out remixes for big name artists and continues to do so along the same vein. 

Yes, I have no life.

Aphex Twin? His Wiki page hasn't been updated in years...

Ahhhhh! yes, Wikipedia... the source of all knowledge

Last edited by erik.b (Sunday Jun 2013 08:47:54)

erik.b wrote:

Wikipedia... the source of all knowledge

Loopypedia seems to know more

LOL @ Loopy starting a thread he knows all the answers to.

starcreeper wrote:

Only a few.  I used to spend far too much time being a trainspotter.  The modern equivalent would be standing down by the DJ booth Shazam-ing every track the DJ plays.

Frank de Wulf was a huge producer for a while and then just disappeared....

Luis Paris?

Luke Branacaccio?

erik.b wrote:

Ahhhhh! yes, Wikipedia... the source of all knowledge

I didn't say it was accurate, I said it hasn't been updated.

loopdokter wrote:
starcreeper wrote:

Only a few.  I used to spend far too much time being a trainspotter.  The modern equivalent would be standing down by the DJ booth Shazam-ing every track the DJ plays.

Frank de Wulf was a huge producer for a while and then just disappeared....

Luis Paris?

Luke Branacaccio?

Most artists are like tunes in this scene, they burn bright for a short time then get swallowed up by the new wave of new. The turnover is horrific. Plus, after a while just pumping out single tracks isn't enough food for the old Gulliver...look at the likes of John Graham, Hybrid, BT, Barry Jamieson...given a long enough timeline everyone fucks off to LA to do films. Except me. Because I loathe Americans. Amen.

Most artists are like tunes in this scene, they burn bright for a short time then get swallowed up by the new wave of new. The turnover is horrific. Plus, after a while just pumping out single tracks isn't enough food for the old Gulliver...look at the likes of John Graham, Hybrid, BT, Barry Jamieson...given a long enough timeline everyone fucks off to LA to do films. Except me. Because I loathe Americans. Amen.

You're speaking to someone who churned out my fair share of souless prog for ages.

loopdokter wrote:

You're speaking to someone who churned out my fair share of souless prog for ages.

Nothing soulless about prog my friend. Now Daft Punk...that's fucking soulless.

Nice to see a couple of top producers riffing.