Re: The whatever happend to _____ DJ/Producer thread

MattBlack wrote:

I never really understood the appeal of Creamer, his sets and music were both dull as dishwater

I heard him and Lawler absolutely tear up Cafeteria in Miami one year at an after party.  Mind you, the drugs may have had something to do with that... But even Terry Farley was dancing so perhaps that says something.

Re: The whatever happend to _____ DJ/Producer thread

Yeh he never dances, auld Terry.

Re: The whatever happend to _____ DJ/Producer thread

Sounds like the after party let any old cunt in.

Part of the problem

Re: The whatever happend to _____ DJ/Producer thread

Steve Anderson.The other half of BIR.Was he head of Stress records as well.

Re: The whatever happend to _____ DJ/Producer thread

Stress was owned by Nick Gordon Brown

Muzika Dan@Ukiyo Dublin 24-5-14 by Dan (High-Soul Society)
http://soundcloud.com/dannyoliver72/dan … 14/s-cmShA

Re: The whatever happend to _____ DJ/Producer thread

mr rossi wrote:

Steve Anderson.The other half of BIR.Was he head of Stress records as well.

There were 3 people to Brothers In Rhythm: Steve Anderson, Alan Bremner and Dave Seaman.

It would appear Mr. Anderson has moved into the pop world: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elouise

Alan is still doing music as well, but I think more in the world of scoring music for film and commercials, but is mostly doing photography these days - http://www.sproutphotography.co.uk/

Last edited by loopdokter (Tuesday Jun 2013 01:06:12)

Re: The whatever happend to _____ DJ/Producer thread

steelydan wrote:

Stress was owned by Nick Gordon Brown


One of my rarest records came courtesy of NGB. A TP of Route 66 - Revolution with the banned and unreleased vocals on it.
Got to be worth a mint to the right Sashweed fan.

Part of the problem

Re: The whatever happend to _____ DJ/Producer thread

BIR was duo Loopy

Alan Bremner was one of DMC's engineers

Muzika Dan@Ukiyo Dublin 24-5-14 by Dan (High-Soul Society)
http://soundcloud.com/dannyoliver72/dan … 14/s-cmShA

Re: The whatever happend to _____ DJ/Producer thread

But Loopy knows everything and knows everyone in dance music there is to know Dan. Its says so on the net where he gets all his info from.
Dunno where the fuck he got Bremner was part of 'the duo' BIR. LOL

Part of the problem

Re: The whatever happend to _____ DJ/Producer thread

...Steve Anderson recently started uploading shedloads of back-catalogue stuff onto Soundcloud

Some good... some really not

soundcloud.com/unbroken1

Re: The whatever happend to _____ DJ/Producer thread

Oh he was selling out long before it was even heard of. Some shocking shite attributed to him.

Part of the problem

Re: The whatever happend to _____ DJ/Producer thread

Dermo is like living breathing prog encyclopaedia.

Re: The whatever happend to _____ DJ/Producer thread

Unbroken1 wrote:

...Steve Anderson recently started uploading shedloads of back-catalogue stuff onto Soundcloud

Some good... some really not

Not downloadable though unfortunately

When I play......no dog barks!!!!

Re: The whatever happend to _____ DJ/Producer thread

steelydan wrote:

BIR was duo Loopy

Alan Bremner was one of DMC's engineers

'Officially' they were a duo. 

Discogs would beg to differ and I reckon Alan would too, but hey what do I know?

Last edited by loopdokter (Tuesday Jun 2013 02:31:51)

Re: The whatever happend to _____ DJ/Producer thread

...remember mail-ordering  a few of those DMC remix 12"s (at £15 a pop) because of some 'exclusive' remix I'd heard on the radio.

There would only ever be the one decent track on them, then an array of dodgy Steve Anderson or Phil Kelsey remixes of Michelle Gayle or Bobby Brown and a 15-minute long Shakin' Stevens MEGAMIX on the flip

soundcloud.com/unbroken1

Re: The whatever happend to _____ DJ/Producer thread

Nick Sneddon wrote:
Unbroken1 wrote:

...Steve Anderson recently started uploading shedloads of back-catalogue stuff onto Soundcloud

Some good... some really not

Not downloadable though unfortunately

...a few of them were when they were first uploaded Nick, but at really low-quality IIRC

The DMC download site has quite a few of the very early remixes up BTW

soundcloud.com/unbroken1

Re: The whatever happend to _____ DJ/Producer thread

Circulation.  They seem to have gone up in smoke around 2005 in all forms.

Their stuff still sounds really fresh to this day - although a lot of it is a bit on the faster end to todays tempos.

Re: The whatever happend to _____ DJ/Producer thread

Big Fella wrote:

Is this the thread where somebody always puts Circulation?

loopdokter wrote:

Circulation.  They seem to have gone up in smoke around 2005 in all forms.

Their stuff still sounds really fresh to this day - although a lot of it is a bit on the faster end to todays tempos.

LOL.

Re: The whatever happend to _____ DJ/Producer thread

...someone already answered the Circulation question, no?

These threads are always full of the same auld shite... anybody ask about Fabi Paras yet?

soundcloud.com/unbroken1

Re: The whatever happend to _____ DJ/Producer thread

Big Fella wrote:
Big Fella wrote:

Is this the thread where somebody always puts Circulation?

loopdokter wrote:

Circulation.  They seem to have gone up in smoke around 2005 in all forms.

Their stuff still sounds really fresh to this day - although a lot of it is a bit on the faster end to todays tempos.

LOL.

textbook Loopy

Re: The whatever happend to _____ DJ/Producer thread

Unbroken1 wrote:

...remember mail-ordering  a few of those DMC remix 12"s (at £15 a pop) because of some 'exclusive' remix I'd heard on the radio.

There would only ever be the one decent track on them, then an array of dodgy Steve Anderson or Phil Kelsey remixes of Michelle Gayle or Bobby Brown and a 15-minute long Shakin' Stevens MEGAMIX on the flip

^ this

Re: The whatever happend to _____ DJ/Producer thread

Unbroken1 wrote:

...remember mail-ordering  a few of those DMC remix 12"s (at £15 a pop) because of some 'exclusive' remix I'd heard on the radio.

There would only ever be the one decent track on them, then an array of dodgy Steve Anderson or Phil Kelsey remixes of Michelle Gayle or Bobby Brown and a 15-minute long Shakin' Stevens MEGAMIX on the flip

Yeah I remember those, some decent remixes though, although it got a bit much paying 15 quid a month for one good remix

Re: The whatever happend to _____ DJ/Producer thread

Ive got a few of the old DMC remixes on my HD, I would love the Delorme mix of River Ocean on digital. Pianah Heaven.

When I play......no dog barks!!!!

Re: The whatever happend to _____ DJ/Producer thread

...dunno that, will check it.

This was always a house party fave:

soundcloud.com/unbroken1

Re: The whatever happend to _____ DJ/Producer thread

That Blue Amazon remix of Skunk Anansie was a DMC exclusive wasn't it?