Re: Pierre's Book Corner

That somewhat devalues the book. A ginger cunt who's  played 2nd rate football.

JFT 39

Dermo wrote:

That somewhat devalues the book. A ginger cunt who's  played 2nd rate football.

LOL

Dermo wrote:
Grant wrote:

Fella I know at The Guardian reckons Kevin Davies is the secret footballer

Wouldn't surprise me, it will be someone bitter and he's never got over being too shit to play for England.

He deserved a bit more, not much mind, but a bit. He played 17 minutes against Montenegro, so to say he's too shit for England is a ridiculous exaggeration.

He was brilliant for Bolton, but he needed to go when he did, he was holding the team back

He was on the telly every other week bitching that he wasn't getting a sniff for England. Have to up your game a bit more than Bolton if you are serious about your international career. Like Carlton Palmer at Leeds.

Last edited by Dermo (Sunday Jun 2013 03:00:15)

JFT 39

Dermo wrote:

He was on the telly every other week bitching that he wasn't getting a sniff for England. Have to up your game a bit more than Bolton if you are serious about your international career. Like Carlton Palmer at Leeds.

The press said that, not Davies, I think he was very honorable throughout to be honest, despite not really deserving it anyway. He did come across as a bit of a cunt right at the end at Bolton though, which was a real shame.

Did you see the football focus interview? He basically said England have got it wrong and have done for ages with me not in the side.

JFT 39

Dermo wrote:

Did you see the football focus interview? He basically said England have got it wrong and have done for ages with me not in the side.

That was once though and he's clearly wrong. The press made more of a meal of it that he ever did.

Unfortunately for him he wasn't high profile enough and was vying for a position with people who had made it theirs.

JFT 39

Foxy Stoat wrote:
La Nausee wrote:
flares_and_an_anorak wrote:

Up there with Faulkner, Hemingway or Fitzgerald? You're having a giraffe mate...

Not necessarily my opinion chief. I should have said modern American novelists.....like DeLillo or Updike...

I thought I had bitten off more than I could chew with 800+ pages of Underworld but I'm half way through and really enjoying it.  Outstanding writing.

I found it tough going.....bit of an epic. Worth sticking with though...

De Lillo is a master of prose, obviously, but bores me utterly fucking senseless.

草泥马

Dermo wrote:

I think it was Palmer who said - on the Beeb's scoreboard thingy - that somebody or other getting trounced was due to "an absolute holocaust of defending" or summat like that.

Haha he was a real life living travesty of football and had the brain capacity to match.

JFT 39

Beijing Dave wrote:

De Lillo is a master of prose, obviously, but bores me utterly fucking senseless.

Aye, tried a few more but could never really get into him to a large extent. Cosmopolis, The Body Artist, Falling Man, Running Dog...give me some Ian McEwan or Seb Faulks any day.

La Nausee wrote:
Beijing Dave wrote:

Aye, tried a few more but could never really get into him to a large extent.

Don't worry if he's a bit above your intellectual glass ceiling lads - it happens.

"You fucking tit" - La Nausee

Flaresy - Uneasy Listening Vol.1

La Nausee wrote:
Beijing Dave wrote:

Don't worry if he's a bit above your intellectual glass ceiling lads - it happens.

I have to say, it does keep me awake at night, fretting about it. Thank God I keep a Lee Child novel handy to help me sleep.

La Nausee wrote:
Beijing Dave wrote:

Change the record you boring cunt.

Mr Boring wrote:
La Nausee wrote:

Change the record you boring cunt.

Lollers..

Excellent book by an excellent writer. One of the literary world's great imaginations, although I have found some of the fanboyism to be a little extreme. Spotty twenty-somethings called Alison with pink hair who talk a hundred miles an hour and like motorbikes....

Are you seriously using the word 'literary' in reference to Terry Pratchett?

FUCKING GENLOL.

草泥马

Anyway, when did Laughing Jack die and make flaresy the board boring fucking rem?

草泥马

Beijing Dave wrote:

the board boring fucking rem

Translation please, I don't understand Cuntish.

Beijing Dave wrote:

the board boring fucking rem

Translation please, I don't understand Cuntish.

I imagine a retort of that caliber puts anything in your 1000s of books to shame.

In response to this I want 5000 words of precise argument please.

sabotini wrote:

I imagine a retort of that caliber puts anything in your 1000s of books to shame.

In response to this I want 5000 words of precise argument please.

I don't believe I was addressing you, so now you may shut up. In addition, my analysis of your overall posting content has concluded you haven't the mental dexterity to understand a well-crafted academic essay - may I suggest The Guardian? It's more your level.

Would reading more Terry Pratchett sharpen up the old grey matter? I genuinely need your help here.

sabotini wrote:

I genuinely need your help here.

Samaritans (08457) 90 90 90

sabotini wrote:

I genuinely need your help here.

Samaritans (08457) 90 90 90

Is that wit?  What is it?