Re: Pierre's Book Corner

dutchy101 wrote:

Never knew that about Frankie Fraser , Ed. I've read Mad Frank before. Some hilarious anecdotes in that.  Recommended if you've not read it but you seem to already be fairly familiar with his activities.

ETC *blushes*

"Walk with me through the universe, and along the way see how all of us are connected. Feast the eyes of your soul on the love that abounds, in all places seemingly endless, like your own existence."

just finished Reggie krays 'a way of life'..the last book he wrote.(please click on the you tube link to accompany my review)

i can reveal that reggies favourite pastime in 3o years of being locked up was "sitting in his cell thinking"..

i can also impart to you that he also enjoyed watching his friend, a young chap, "disco dancing"

a discipline in which "he had won many certificates"..

i cant help but wish that  reggie , the patron saint of 'thinking',is looking down at us all now and organising a  heavenly disco dancing show for his underworld chums, frankie,tony,little legs, billy hill and their hetrosexual partners, perhaps dancing to kc and the sunshine band'shake your booty' in a 6ft bt 6ft cell full of horse meat and hooch.

do any bedrock board members have any  certificates  of a more esoteric  nature??..

i have a couple of ones in judo from the early eighties, which my mother keeps in a family album.in frinton on sea.

shake shake shake,
shake shake shake,
shake your booty
shake your booty!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJZJ9-QjPkA

"a belated return to the form shown earlier in the season there by ETC. perhaps the key is to use him from the bench,sparingly when the board is exhausted..the first 5 yards is always in his head a'la teddy sherringham"

Last edited by EDWARDTHECONFESSOR (Thursday Feb 2014 01:49:44)

"Walk with me through the universe, and along the way see how all of us are connected. Feast the eyes of your soul on the love that abounds, in all places seemingly endless, like your own existence."

Need to watch the movie properly, The Krays.

being born and bred in the east end. that film is seen as a bigger crime than child molestation .

in the same category 'green street' a laughable portrayal of the ICF. what a fkn joke.

'essex boys' with sean bean was the same.just hilariously bad.

'rise of the foot soldiers had passable interpretations of tucker, leech and in particular pate tate.

on the book front 'hit em hard' the life and times of jack spot. and 'noye' both by wensley clarkson are imperious.

Just ordered The Second Coming, The Death of Bunny Monroe and the Marabou Stalk Nightmares - should keep me busy for a while. Cheers for the recommendations folks.

in the immortal words of eamonn culliney* from first city reinsurers  ..'.I APPROVE'...

*my appolgies eamon for the outing, but i saw an opportunity and like Emilio Butragueno aka' the vulture' i took it..

Last edited by EDWARDTHECONFESSOR (Thursday Feb 2014 04:34:14)

@Dutchy - Kill Your Friends is getting a movie release, if you haven't heard already.

You got onto Errol's yarn yet, ETC?

Yeah, I heard that Rhouses. Can't imagine it topping the book, but will be interested to see how it pans out.

dutchy101 wrote:

You got onto Errol's yarn yet, ETC?

Yeah, I heard that Rhouses. Can't imagine it topping the book, but will be interested to see how it pans out.

yes mate, the mrs got it for me last week before our little tet a tet.

a rollicking good read!

Great stuff - glad you liked it mate. The shit he pulled with the cock fighting is the stuff of legend.

Gillian Flynn's Gone Girl. Man the ending was fucked up and perfect. Made a lot of people upset too. Fincher is making a movie out of it, out in October.

Great review about Mozza's biog.

http://www.theomnivore.com/a-a-gill-on- … day-times/

Big Fella wrote:

Great review about Mozza's biog.

http://www.theomnivore.com/a-a-gill-on- … day-times/

That's brilliant.  What a cunt.

“Against the command of everyone I had ever known, I sing. My mouth meets the microphone and the tremolo quaver eats the room with acceptable pitch and I am removed from the lifelong definition of others and their opinions matter no more. I am singing the truth by myself which will also be the truth of others and give me a whole life. Let the voice speak up for once and for all.”

Is Mozza Utd or Citeh?

He doesn't like football, so probably United.

dutchy101 wrote:

Just reading John Niven - Kill Your Friends at the moment after seeing it in here and don't want the bloody thing to end - one of the best books I've ever read. Fucking love it. Anyone got any similar recommendations? Already read American Psycho.

What are Niven's other books like?

Really disappointed in this... just felt like I was reading a bad rehash of American Psycho, right down to the writing style too, which may have been on purpose. Flimsy stuff all round sad

Amps wrote:
dutchy101 wrote:

Just reading John Niven - Kill Your Friends at the moment after seeing it in here and don't want the bloody thing to end - one of the best books I've ever read. Fucking love it. Anyone got any similar recommendations? Already read American Psycho.

Really disappointed in this... just felt like I was reading a bad rehash of American Psycho, right down to the writing style too, which may have been on purpose. Flimsy stuff all round sad

Really?  You not find it funny Amps?  Thought it was hilarious, laugh out loud hilarious too.  I guess the story's a bit flake, but that wasn't the point to me.

Enjoying my subscription.
http://www.picturevip.com/images/tumblrn0ae.jpg

Wish I was old and a little sentimental.

Grant wrote:
Amps wrote:
dutchy101 wrote:

Really?  You not find it funny Amps?  Thought it was hilarious, laugh out loud hilarious too.  I guess the story's a bit flake, but that wasn't the point to me.

Yeah, a few bits had me lol, but the majority of the funny stuff is just ramblings of a sadist / misogynist / sexist / racist who likes to take a lot of drugs... it's a bit like being out with your mates or reading posts on here, it's not that clever / funny.

Bit more than ramblings, but can see what you mean.  Thoroughly enjoyed it this end.

Amps wrote:
dutchy101 wrote:

. As was Errol Flynn and to bring this back on topic I thoroughly recommned his autobiography 'My Wicked, Wicked Ways'. It is nothing short of epic.

Sold.

This is next...

Amps wrote:
chuffer wrote:

Just read Dean Koontz - Relentless

a hairy tangled clag-nut of a read involving a psychopathic murderous organisation, a tele-porting dog and a genius kid who can turn back time.....lord, burn my eyes

Sounds right up my strada...

Some of the reviews of this are amazing, proper 'worst book ever' stuff.

Oh and read Marabou Stork Nightmares donkeys ago, but remember it being one of his better ones.

Read Skag Boys a while back... grim.

yep. got all of welsh's stuff..even 'if you liked school you'll love work' which was 75% crap.

helps if you are a bit of an anorak for his material before reading 'skag boys',

he's been involved with some utter crap film wise, saw one about  a sunday league football team with kieth allen recently....it was worse than 'guest house paridiso'!.

reading' hickory wind ' the story of gram parsons again..quality.

this  irvine welsh written tv drama,'wedding belles' was pretty good though.

EDWARDTHECONFESSOR wrote:

yep. got all of welsh's stuff..even 'if you liked school you'll love work' which was 75% crap.

helps if you are a bit of an anorak for his material before reading 'skag boys',

he's been involved with some utter crap film wise, saw one about  a sunday league football team with kieth allen recently....it was worse than 'guest house paridiso'!.

reading' hickory wind ' the story of gram parsons again..quality.

this  irvine welsh written tv drama,'wedding belles' was pretty good though.

I reviewed that Allen film in the movie thread. Horrendous stuff. I've read everything of Welsh's bar Skag Boys......looks like money for old rope? Will give it a go at some stage though.