Re: The Ashes (Possible 2 pager)

Vaughan's just said this will be all over today - Cook, Bell and Pieterson gone for less than thirty runs and 50 odd overs still to go today - difficult to disagree with him...

Last edited by smashdad (Saturday Jan 2014 20:45:22)

Hehehehehehehe - three down in the first ten balls after tea...

In a strange way this is quite cathartic - actually mildly amusing now

Make that four down in eleven balls...

Last edited by smashdad (Saturday Jan 2014 21:45:28)

Done.  Dusted.  Cunts.

Myself and my bird have been laughing at them for the last 3 tests. Seems like they've left the best til last. Horrific.

Part of the problem

Cook bores the shite out of me. Totally bland answers and would do well on the back bench at westminster. boron.

Need to ship all the saffas out for me and play the kids. Don't care how good technically" they are they are all are.

Get the kids in and fuck flower off too, slack and half arsed not doing both one dayers and test.

Republik of Saddleworth

Mr Boring wrote:

I could listen to Boycott all day. Predictable but thoroughly entertaining.

Blowers has developed a really annoying snorty snoring noise thing. Time to sack him off.

I quite like Ed Smith although there's a danger of him becoming too smooth and turning into that smug cunt Mark Nicholas.

Vic Marks is quality.

For pure gold, it has to be Bob willis

With his thousand yard stare, I can see him skulking the back streets of whitechappel ,slashing and hacking, with pace and aggression, with his freemason set of steak knives,bearing gifts of  pike,bushmeat and khat for the local  eastern european/congalese/somalian prostitutes.

A modern day Edwardian driller killer , complete with stove pipe hat and cape, laying out mary bells intestines in a wagon wheel.

Some one please stop him before its to late..wont somebody think of the children..

ps for mark nicholas , read  smooth lounge lizard cad, ready to sire your mrs as soon as your back is turned.the fucking stoat.

he'd probably lay her out over a Louis xiv chair and plunder her sweet minge while twiddling gentleman wax on his moustache with one hand and fleecing her post office account with the other.The cunt.

Last edited by EDWARDTHECONFESSOR (Sunday Jan 2014 04:26:32)

"Walk with me through the universe, and along the way see how all of us are connected. Feast the eyes of your soul on the love that abounds, in all places seemingly endless, like your own existence........We are Connected.."

Not looking forward to India. I've got two days at Lord's, one at Trent Bridge and one at The Oval. I bought them before the cunts left for Australia.

Graham Gooch should go after 5 tests of the worst batting in living memory.

This is going to be the dullest series in living memory. I'm supposed to be jetting into Leeds (Bradford) International next week for the Headingley test - might give it a miss.

Headingly is always my preferred venue, albeit have never done a London test.

I was at Lord's on Friday and it was pretty shit all round.

Going to Trent Bridge and Lord's again for India.  They are just days out on the piss with mates now, we'll get torn a new one.

Trent Bridge is always a good laugh mind.

Grant wrote:

I was at Lord's on Friday and it was pretty shit all round.

Going to Trent Bridge and Lord's again for India.  They are just days out on the piss with mates now, we'll get torn a new one.

Trent Bridge is always a good laugh mind.

We never pulled our finger out in time to get tickets for Trent Bridge, sold out now.

Oh dear England. Wish I had gone now.

lol at Anderson going up to collect man of the series.

I know I'm the only one who follows cricket outside of the Ashes but.......

Day 4 and they're still in the first innings! Nice to see Anderson redeem himself with the bat.

I put £300 on a draw at 5-4 on Thursday evening.

I went to Trent Bridge on Thursday - bit boring really.

I hope Anderson gets a century

Grant wrote:

I put £300 on a draw at 5-4 on Thursday evening.

I went to Trent Bridge on Thursday - bit boring really.

I hope Anderson gets a century

Nice little earner.

The runs have dried up - I can't see Anderson reaching three figures now.

I don't think this will end a draw, despite how late in proceedings we are and how flat the pitch is. Both teams are perfectly capable of collapsing and the situation seems ripe for one of them doing so. England favourites here now surely, India don't have enough time to bat up a lead they'd be happy to declare with and then bowl England out (barring a very possible collapse).

sabotini wrote:

I don't think this will end a draw, despite how late in proceedings we are and how flat the pitch is. Both teams are perfectly capable of collapsing and the situation seems ripe for one of them doing so. England favourites here now surely, India don't have enough time to bat up a lead they'd be happy to declare with and then bowl England out (barring a very possible collapse).

The draw are favourites. England second favourites. India need to collapse and hope England do so too.

The longer we bat like this more the more likely the draw becomes. Miserable stuff.

It's definitely a draw, there's only tomorrow left.

Great to see Jimmy get some runs after the disappointment of the Sri Lanka defeat. Pleased to see Root scoring big runs too. He seems to have found his spot lower down the order.

Cook needs runs as he's letting the team down which is looking good with the bat with Robson, Ballance, Bell and Root all getting decent knocks in of late. Moeen Ali needs to get a bit most consistency if he is going to make a Test career.

Some decent Test matches in all countries this year with the Windies/NZ series in June being a very decent watch.

Would love to see KP back in form and back in the team though.

Prog God

Grant wrote:

It's definitely a draw, there's only tomorrow left.

Very likely but as I said, both teams are more than capable of enormous collapses. Far from definitely a draw.

First Test match in the history of Cricket where both sides have had a 10th wicket stand of 100+