Re: The Ashes (Possible 2 pager)

Why didnt they put the Aussies back in to bat, could have bowled them all out again and had a day off

Assume because they see the pitch deteriorating therefore better to bat sooner rather than later.

MattBlack wrote:

Why didnt they put the Aussies back in to bat, could have bowled them all out again and had a day off

England's batting is prone to collapse. They clearly didn't fancy chasing 150 to win on their bogey ground.

MattBlack wrote:

No point knackering the bowlers out making them bowl back to back. They may suddenly learn to bat in the 2nd innings and Anderson ends up having to bowl 100 overs in 3 days, which would kill him. We're gonna win this, save the effort for later.

Pietersen is to the England side what Matt Le Tissier was to Southampton: absolute shite for 99% of the time, sprinkled with 1% of pure magic usually when it is not required.

Keep it FLAC. Say NO to variable bit rates.

Trott, Cook and Pieterson are having a fucking laugh. Cunts need to pull their fingers out.

JFT 39

Biggest question must surely be whether Ed Smallman's Day 5 ticket is in jeopardy .....

...... if it finishes early, where will he go instead??

Guess who's back .......... 'Odgy's back

Beefy's, natch.

haha

JFT 39

I'm amazed how poor the Ausies batting has been, they used to be so strong but since Ponting retired they've had noone to take his place

They've been wank for ages. And looking like they are going to be for ages to come.

Great.

JFT 39

wrongun wrote:

Biggest question must surely be whether Ed Smallman's Day 5 ticket is in jeopardy .....

...... if it finishes early, where will he go instead??

All the old boys are heading back double time to David Gower's where there will be lashings of ginger beer and a game of lawn Croquet.

Such jovial times!! Hooorah! Hooorah! And Jolly Hockey sticks.

Watching England grind Australia into the ground is immensely satisfying.  566 runs ahead, 2 full days of the match left.  Let Joe Root get his double hundred, throw the bat around a bit and stick the Aussies in before lunch.  They'll need to pull off the biggest run chase in cricket history to get out of this one, and I can't see them batting out 5 sessions to save the match.

I don't think a double century is priority. It might be the biggest run chase ever, but it would also be the biggest disaster ever if we let Root get his 200 and then not have time to bowl them out.

Just the kind of stunt we would pull on a bogey ground.

JFT 39

Three down before lunch, and one review wasted.  Happy with that.

Henry Rindhoops wrote:

Pietersen is to the England side what Matt Le Tissier was to Southampton: absolute shite for 99% of the time, sprinkled with 1% of pure magic usually when it is not required.

So true that.

I had a brilliant three days at Lord's. Feel absolutely fucking dreadful today. I know Australia have been poor for a while, but they really are pitiful right now.

Met Merv Hughes - he looks like a massive fat fucking tramp - he was wearing a tatty pair of those brown lace-up Crocs - must've asked to him to wear smart casual on his ticket.

Why would you leave today when you could possibly see the game concluded Grant?

Big Fella wrote:

Why would you leave today when you could possibly see the game concluded Grant?

I didn't have a ticket for today, was there Thursday, Friday and Saturday.

D'oh I didn't think of that. Lol

Henry Rindhoops wrote:

what Matt Le Tissier was to Southampton: absolute shite for 99% of the time, sprinkled with 1% of pure magic usually when it is not required.

One of only four midfielders to score over 100 goals in the history of the Premier League - the first player to reach that milestone - including the final ever goal at the Dell to win the match in the last seconds against Arsenal. Pretty sure that Southampton would consider the 47 out 48 penalties he scored as being 'required' at the time. He was a lazy fucker, but I think you're doing him a grave disservice if you don't consider him one of the great Premiership players.

"You fucking tit" - La Nausee

Flaresy - Uneasy Listening Vol.1

flares_and_an_anorak wrote:
Henry Rindhoops wrote:

what Matt Le Tissier was to Southampton: absolute shite for 99% of the time, sprinkled with 1% of pure magic usually when it is not required.

One of only four midfielders to score over 100 goals in the history of the Premier League

Is that right? Who are the other three?

Bit misleading as he played before the Premiership started.

Gerrard, Lampard. Interested to know the other.

dutchy101 wrote:

Gerrard, Lampard. Interested to know the other.

Not Gerrard, Giggs and Scholes.

Big Fella wrote:
flares_and_an_anorak wrote:
Henry Rindhoops wrote:

One of only four midfielders to score over 100 goals in the history of the Premier League

Is that right? Who are the other three?

Bit misleading as he played before the Premiership started.

Don't be so gauche BF, you know two of them play for Man U smile

"You fucking tit" - La Nausee

Flaresy - Uneasy Listening Vol.1

Le Tiss was a legend