Re: The Ashes (Possible 2 pager)

Big Fella wrote:
shaunstrudwick wrote:
Dermo wrote:

Cook needs to have a word, he's been shit for 3 tests now.

he's quite good at the organising side of things but he's been fucking shit with the bat

A couple of half centuries is hardly 'fucking shit' perhaps a bit bobbins.

okay maybe a bit harsh but he can perform much better than he has shown

Rainy draw. On point as ever.

Not sure about this talk of Cook being useless? On track to be England's most successful ever batsman and, with good health, possibly the most successful of all time (statistically) the game has seen. Hardly not up to the job.

Drop Trott for Durham.

Excellent work from Monty. I hope Namistai and his missus were wandering past when he was up on the promenade.

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2013/a … g-bouncers

Who would have thought an adult Indian male could be an absolute sexual offender?? Ive seen it all.

Rhouses once got his cock out in the Tape Exchange, in protest at Abdul's failure to acquire a Betty Boo vinyl he needed for his club night.

草泥马

Monty went on to comment, "Sorry all. I was well and truly pissed."

Enjoyable day at work today. Thick Aussies particularly quiet.

Part of the problem

Loving this. My 5th day Oval tickets will hopefully be a last hurrah.

Has Piers Morgan been found hanging from a hook in a freezer yet?

The ball that nailed Clarke was an absolute pearler.

High 5s all around fellas, one love.

smallman1 wrote:

Bresnan's one that got Warner was a belter too.

namistai wrote:
smallman1 wrote:

Do like El Bresidente.

smallman1 wrote:
namistai wrote:
smallman1 wrote:

Do like El Bresidente.

He averages the same as Flintoff did with both bat and ball but doesn't any of the accolades.

fadass wrote:

Excellent work from Monty. I hope Namistai and his missus were wandering past when he was up on the promenade.

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2013/a … g-bouncers

Alas not.  Although I have it on good authority that everyone at Sussex absolutely detests Monty. Oh and apparently he knocks his wife about too and for a while was living in Matt Prior's garage.

Mr Boring wrote:
smallman1 wrote:
namistai wrote:

Do like El Bresidente.

He averages the same as Flintoff did with both bat and ball but doesn't any of the accolades.

Because Flintoff scored 5 Test hundreds, almost 4,000 runs, and took 226 Test wickets.  He also hit 82 sixes in Test matches + 95 in one dayers and T20s.

Bresnan, in contrast has amassed a grand total of 541 Test runs, no hundreds and has taken 67 wickets.

Last edited by namistai (Wednesday Aug 2013 12:30:05)

namistai wrote:

Oh and apparently he knocks his wife about too and for a while was living in Matt Prior's garage.

lol - Steve Coogan could get a couple of new series' out of that setup.

Mr  Boring was fairly close there imo. Never let a stat get in the way of a mad generalisation. lol.

namistai wrote:
Mr Boring wrote:
smallman1 wrote:

Do like El Bresidente.

Because Flintoff scored 5 Test hundreds, almost 4,000 runs, and took 226 Test wickets.  He also hit 82 sixes in Test matches + 95 in one dayers and T20s.

Bresnan, in contrast has amassed a grand total of 541 Test runs, no hundreds and has taken 67 wickets.

namistai wrote:
Mr Boring wrote:
smallman1 wrote:

Do like El Bresidente.

I'm not saying Bresnan is the new Gary Sobers, just that his record is better than the cricket pundits would let you think.

If Tremlett's fit for Australia, they'll go with him over Breadvan.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cricket/23720676

Bresnan's out for a while by the sound of it.

Finn is the natural replacement for the Oval. Need someone with a bit of pace and height. Gen lol @ Monty living in Matt Prior's garage, I really hope that's true.

sabotini wrote:

Finn is the natural replacement for the Oval. Need someone with a bit of pace and height. Gen lol @ Monty living in Matt Prior's garage, I really hope that's true.

I don't think it was actually Matt Prior's garage but Monty was certainly living with him for a while.  He came into our office once and gave his address as Matt Prior's house.  Nice gaff too.  Here's the details if anyone's interested:

http://www.zoopla.co.uk/property-histor … b/17344019

The more I hear about Monty, the more I respect him.