Re: Sasha on Digweed - new Mixmag interview

I'd love to see them play together again.

Preferably at Fabric from 10pm - 8am.

Shame it won't happen but I'll recover I'm sure.

Dermo wrote:

The B2B thing is all bollox anyway.

Not always...I've seen some amazing B2B gigs over the years. Michael Mayer / Ivan Smagghe a while back immediately springs to mind.

Andy Weatherall also does good B2Bs with various artists.

Dermo wrote:

i honestly don't care if they play together again. The last few times i saw them it simply didn't work like it did say 10-12 years ago. Different music, different direction, different people as they've grown older and apart.

The end.

Sad but true

Pricer wrote:
Dermo wrote:

The B2B thing is all bollox anyway.

Not always...I've seen some amazing B2B gigs over the years. Michael Mayer / Ivan Smagghe a while back immediately springs to mind.

Andy Weatherall also does good B2Bs with various artists.

Agreed on both. Mayer and Superpitcher b2b at Fabric a few years back was insane, likewise Weatherall and Ewan Pearson.

lol @ Sasha & Digweed in comparison to them.

Hawtin and Vath go end to end allegedly matron ooer chortle vicar

c310 dance music CDs in his collection (Apr 2014)

Let's be honest here, in the past there was always this whole bollocks about Diggers being in Sasha's shadow, because it was Sasha who supposedly 'discovered' him. For a lot of people John's now overtaken him, both as a DJ and with the ongoing evolution of his business empire. Bedrock as a brand is without a doubt the single biggest success story in the English house music scene bar none - it's left everybody in it's wake and doesn't look like slowing down any time soon. It's moved with the times, kept the image and vision consistent, and it's figurehead - John himself - has maintained a professional image throughout. Now I've heard things in the past myself, about how he's enjoyed a bit of this and that or whatever, but if he has got a giant ego he doesn't let it get his name in the papers, so to speak. He's Mr Dependable and takes his work seriously for the right reasons.

"You fucking tit" - La Nausee

Flaresy - Uneasy Listening Vol.1

So what you're saying is Sasha should have sold more t-shirts?

sabotini wrote:

So what you're saying is Sasha should have sold more t-shirts?

Sasha has gone a bit shit

kibble, kibble, who's got the kibble

latest mix (edit): https://soundcloud.com/shaunstrudwick/b … -never-mix
latest mix (full): http://mixswap.betfailproject.com/m/Bet … er-Mix.mp3

flares_and_an_anorak wrote:

Let's be honest here, in the past there was always this whole bollocks about Diggers being in Sasha's shadow, because it was Sasha who supposedly 'discovered' him. For a lot of people John's now overtaken him, both as a DJ and with the ongoing evolution of his business empire. Bedrock as a brand is without a doubt the single biggest success story in the English house music scene bar none - it's left everybody in it's wake and doesn't look like slowing down any time soon. It's moved with the times, kept the image and vision consistent, and it's figurehead - John himself - has maintained a professional image throughout. Now I've heard things in the past myself, about how he's enjoyed a bit of this and that or whatever, but if he has got a giant ego he doesn't let it get his name in the papers, so to speak. He's Mr Dependable and takes his work seriously for the right reasons.

You need an ego to make it big in this business. Humility will get you nowhere.

Pricer wrote:

And there was me thinking it was a copy of Traktor and some cool Police sunglasses.

Pricer wrote:

And there was me thinking it was a copy of Traktor and some cool Police sunglasses.

Mild autism or aspergers also helps.

Bedrock as a brand is without a doubt the single biggest success story in the English house music scene bar none - it's left everybody in it's wake and doesn't look like slowing down any time soon.

Lol. Yeah that Electric Rescue album and those Maxine Dangles releases are really the way forward.

Keep it FLAC. Say NO to variable bit rates.

fletcher wrote:

I caught them in 2009 at a Gods Kitchen night in Brum.

Fairly forgettable tbh, like its already been said their sound has diverged enough that a b2b session doesnt really work out.

Likewise and I agree, it wasn't that great.

Ryan Gibson - Bushido Deep Podcast
iTunes / SoundCloud / Mixcloud / Facebook / Twitter

Henry Rindhoops wrote:

Lol. Yeah that Electric Rescue album and those Maxine Dangles releases are really the way forward.

Yeah, watch the whole shebang burn to the ground off the back of those decisions. Sure John's bricking it right now.

If Bedrock's standards drop any further, there will be hope for your next track chief.

Keep it FLAC. Say NO to variable bit rates.

Bedrock as a brand is without a doubt the single biggest success story in the English house music scene bar none...

You don't half come out with some utter fucking rubbish...

Saw S&D go B2B in Seattle a couple of years ago.

Worst gig Ive ever witnessed, for a variety of reasons.

"Ban them, ban them alllllllllllllllllllllll" - Homegrove (April-2014)

Dermo wrote:

i honestly don't care if they play together again. The last few times i saw them it simply didn't work like it did say 10-12 years ago. Different music, different direction, different people as they've grown older and apart.

The end.

Dermo, for once, you make a decent contribution to a thread.

Last edited by mr day (Tuesday Jul 2013 11:12:25)

I did witness them both smash the walls out of Spundae in '99.

Amazing scenes.

"Ban them, ban them alllllllllllllllllllllll" - Homegrove (April-2014)

Every time i've heard them play together in the last 10 years they have been piss poor, as in really disjointed music that just ends up sounding fucking boring. Both of them have always been better just doing there own thing, any reunion would be a terrible idea.

What a load of bollocks.  Bedrock as a brand is purely filling a niche.

Bedrock as a brand is without a doubt the single biggest success story in the English house music scene bar none

what? just think about MoS as a brand which is a global thing...

Last edited by faible (Tuesday Jul 2013 14:11:11)

faible wrote:

Bedrock as a brand is without a doubt the single biggest success story in the English house music scene bar none

what? just think about MoS as a brand which is a global thing...

Ministry of Sound is the primest example of capitalist, money-orientated, sell-out corporate bullshit you will ever fuckin' see in your life. What started out as a handy little footnote in British clubbing history - which pioneered the US/UK DJ crossover - has evolved into the dance music equivalent of K-Tel, pushing out nicely-timed Christmas compilations of tracks we've heard a billion times before to enable that cunt Palumbo to buy his way into the Lords. That they have the audacity to still call themselves 'the best club in the world' is an affront to all the real heads out there who know how to put on proper nights in proper clubs full of people who don't swan around like their shit doesn't stink.

I briefly did a bit of work for them back in the 90's and I've been to many a night there, and the level of snobbery you encounter in and around that organisation is bordering on suffocating (almost as bad as Malibu Stacey and Serious at The Cross back in the day, but I digress). They are the anti-cool, the diametric opposite of anything meaningful or cutting edge in modern electronic music, and they can throw out as many deep house albums as they like to try and throw us off the scent - they aint fooling me. They've employed known criminals and murder suspects on their doors and the venue is located in one of shittiest holes in London - hardly the gleaming beacon of piety they'd have you believe from their shiny PR initiatives.

They're a brand all right, a particular brand of cuntishness which epitomises everything that has gone wrong with the clubbing scene in this country over the past 20 years.

No excuse for putting Scousers on the door of any establishment in fairness.

Competence is such an exotic bird in these woods that I appreciate it whenever I see it.

Is this interview even online? I've searched the Mixmag site - no dice. What kind of lemonhead starts a thread like this with no link. Derp alert.