Re: Greatest club side ever?

lol

Going on unbeaten runs and winning the league by the highest points totals are all well and good, the icing on a cake, if you will.

Lifting the Premier League is the most important thing in English club football, anybody who knows anything about football will tell you this...

Arsenal's 49 games didn't do them any good in 2005, did it?

flares_and_an_anorak wrote:

only United's treble season comes close to it in terms of consistency.

So you think that Arsenal's performance going unbeaten in 1 competition ONLY is superior to the Mancs winning the Premiership, the F.A Cup and the Champions League in a single season?!??

even us winning the 3 cup competitions 2000-2001 surpasses your 'invincibles' acheivement IMO

kibble, kibble, who's got the kibble

latest mix (edit): https://soundcloud.com/shaunstrudwick/b … -never-mix
latest mix (full): http://mixswap.betfailproject.com/m/Bet … er-Mix.mp3

The Treble will never be done again.

I know as I was there.

Haven't Bayern Munich and Barcelona recently done it?

草泥马

DuFunk wrote:

Goram, Steven, Gough, Petric, Robertson, Albertz, McCall, Gazza, Laudrup, McCoist, Durie mid 90s rangers team!!!

cunt

JFT 39

While winning the treble looks quite impressive,when United did it they won the league with a points total that most seasons would get them 3rd or 4th place,they beat a piss poor Newcastle side in the FA Cup and got lucky in injury time when they were second best for 90 minutes against a Bayern side that were much classier but just didn't have the luck on their side that day.

Not that impressive really,I bet even Liverpool or Arsenal could almost manage that.

After that final Hitzfeld said United were the best team in Europe that year. Sammy Kufour just hit the ground.

I'm guessing that Hitzfeld (unlike most people) remembered that Bayern got lucky at home to United in the group stages. Swings and roundabouts.

Anyway, that Barcelona side of a couple years ago is hands down the best team in my life time. Lock the thread.

Wait.

We need Strudders to set out a side-by-side formation comparison of Barcelona vs Eighties Milan.

草泥马

Mr Boring wrote:

After that final Hitzfeld said United were the best team in Europe that year. Sammy Kufour just hit the ground.

I'm guessing that Hitzfeld (unlike most people) remembered that Bayern got lucky at home to United in the group stages. Swings and roundabouts.

A Schmichael flap, anyways United played 62 games that season and were only beaten four times.

Let's call them the 'Unrinseables' as no amount of soap will clean the dishevelled alcohol-smelling bacon-faced vagrant.

草泥马

Tom will not like that Dave

BF, ruining a great setup for the bloke before gag.

Dermo wrote:
DuFunk wrote:

Goram, Steven, Gough, Petric, Robertson, Albertz, McCall, Gazza, Laudrup, McCoist, Durie mid 90s rangers team!!!

cunt

I think you will find it was the 92-93 team that was 90mins from the first champions league final (cheated out of it by Marseille) and gubbed the  then champions of England home and way.

The Goalie, McCall, Davie Robertson, Goughie, Bomber Brown, Macpherson, Jasper Durrant, Ian Ferguson, Wa Trevor Steven,  big mark Hately, Super Ally.

Mr Boring wrote:

Going unbeaten in the Champions League is arguably a more impressive feat given the number of games against quality opposition it involves.

United in '99 drew more games than they won, in fact they recorded the lowest ever number of victories in a winning CL campaign. Hardly the stuff of fairytales, especially since they scraped past Juve in the semi and won by the skin of their teeth in the final. I'll leave it to the great Brian Clough to explain to you the importance of winning the English league regardless of any other accolades, although surely even he would have allowed himself a wry smile at Arsenal eclipsing the 42 game streak set by his awesome Forest side 25 years earlier...

"You fucking tit" - La Nausee

Flaresy - Uneasy Listening Vol.1

flares_and_an_anorak wrote:

Hardly the stuff of fairytales, especially since they scraped past Juve in the semi and won by the skin of their teeth in the final.

I agree, coming from two goals down to win in Turin and following it with two last minute goals in the final is hardly the stuff of fairytales.

Whopper!

Mr Boring wrote:

Anyway, that Barcelona side of a couple years ago is hands down the best team in my life time. Lock the thread.

And despite everything I've said I agree with this wholeheartedly. The Invincibles style wouldn't have worked against their overbearing possession game and there were too many hotheads in that side who would have let frustration get the better of them. As for the United treble team, Barca would have toyed with them for an hour and likely won by four or five goals.

Big Fella wrote:

Tom will not like that Dave

Dave's output has been sub-SimonR lately. Most disappointing.

Mr Boring wrote:

I agree, coming from two goals down to win in Turin and following it with two last minute goals in the final is hardly the stuff of fairytales

No, it's not. Liverpool being 0-3 down at half time against Milan and finding a way to win the Cup is a fairytale. Milan avenging that defeat against the same side in the final just two years later is a fairytale. Chelsea finding a way to beat a superior Barca team with 10 men last year was a fairytale and yes, Bayern appearing in three of the last four finals and finally overcoming the devastation of losing the previous two is a massive fucking fairytale for every one of the players who endured the heartbreak of repeatedly seeing that cup lifted by other people.

You sure know a lot about fairy tales, bro

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Martin Luther King
Legs are very frickin important parts of the woman, thin ankle and tense bop is a must.
MateGreen

Jörg Albertz was a wonderful footballer.

Heart-breaker of a left peg, just like me.

Albertz and goram def broke celtic hearts on quite a few occasions,  that rangers era could of compeated easily with the best england had to offer at the time.

Agreed Glasgow Rangers had the greatest club side of all time. lol

I was on the piss take BF to get a reaction from derminator.

Toronto FC 2010. close thread.

Even Zackster wouldn't chart this bollix.