Re: Greatest club side ever?

Mr Boring wrote:

The current Long Jump and Triple Jump records stand out for me.

The long jump record is 22 years old and the previous record stood for 23 years before that. Similarly, the the triple jump record is 18 years old.

Reckon Jonathan Edwards was massively into his drugs.

I thought he was carried to the far end of the sand-pit by the Holy Spirit, no?

Mr Boring wrote:

The long jump record is 22 years old and the previous record stood for 23 years before that. Similarly, the the triple jump record is 18 years old.

He had God on his side.

He never let anyone touch that tin of fish and ditched God as soon as he retired. Coincidence?

mr rossi wrote:
Mr Boring wrote:

He had God on his side.

God must have all the good drugs.

smallman1 wrote:

Credit where credit is due, Rafa knows how to win the European pots.

It's a shame he's only adept at a dozen 0-0 draws a season in the league,otherwise he'd be right up there with Jose and Fergie if he could turn them into wins.

stylustrouble wrote:
smallman1 wrote:

Credit where credit is due, Rafa knows how to win the European pots.

It's a shame he's only adept at a dozen 0-0 draws a season in the league,otherwise he'd be right up there with Jose and Fergie if he could turn them into wins.

Conjecture: Managers with one style of play who refuse to evolve often get found out. It's happened to Graham, Trapattoni, Wenger, Benitez and to a lesser extent Capello.

It'll be interesting* to see how Pep Guardiola fares over the next two decades.

*Disclaimer: it won't be interesting

flares_and_an_anorak wrote:
Big Fella wrote:

Had Liverpool actually beaten Milan 4-3 in normal time I would concede that was a greater game than '99. Fortunately for me Rafa played 30 mins for peno's to sully that victory.

So being outplayed for an entire match and fluking a win during injury time is superior to being outplayed for 45 but regrouping magnificently in the second half to psychologically destroy your opponents, through both open play and the test of mental strength which constitutes a penalty shootout? Have a word. '99 was a great moment but for sheer VFM the Dippers victory is off the charts.

Theres not a hope in hell a victory by way of a penalty shootout eclipses a comeback from 2 down in injury time, you sloppy fucking stroke victim.

"Ban them, ban them alllllllllllllllllllllll" - Homegrove (April-2014)

starcreeper wrote:

you sloppy fucking stroke victim.

My Mum died of a stroke. Kill yourself first thing tomorrow you shameless excuse for a cunt.

"You fucking tit" - La Nausee

Flaresy - Uneasy Listening Vol.1

flares_and_an_anorak wrote:
starcreeper wrote:

you sloppy fucking stroke victim.

My Mum died of a stroke. Kill yourself first thing tomorrow you shameless excuse for a cunt.

Sorry to hear that.

Youre still a sloppy stroke victim though. See every football related post on here for reference.

"Ban them, ban them alllllllllllllllllllllll" - Homegrove (April-2014)

smashdad wrote:
Dermo wrote:

Myself and Mrs Dermot were talking about that only the other day. That record, when you consider the progression and understanding  of sports science, along with the availability and myriad of all substances banned, was and still is pretty amazing.

And you are right, only one person has bettered his time since. Maybe he was on the beans!

At the risk of being a pedantic cunt (?!) - I think Coe's 800m world record has been bettered by two people - Kipketer and Radisha.  But yeah, still pretty impressive when you consider the relative lumps taken off other records in the last 30 odd years.

Just to put Coe's 1981 world record into some sort of context - just watched Radisha's WR run in the 2012 Olympic 800m final again and the lad who finishes second ran exactly the same time as Coe did 31 years earlier. 

Right, that's quite enough of that - I'm boring myself for fuck's sake...

Ovett > Coe.

fadass wrote:

Ovett > Coe.

*swims up - sniffs bait - swims off*

The beard, Kev.

And he wasn't a Tory cunt.

We all used to cheer Ovett when watching back then. My mum was real anti Tory so we followed suit.
Shame he got owned most of the time.

I cant still remember her saying 'God I hate it when they call him Seb'

Last edited by Dermo (Thursday Aug 2013 18:31:38)

JFT 39

Seb Coe was born in Chiswick which is where Smallman Snr lives.

http://histclo.com/imagef/date/2007/11/brock01s.jpg

Seb Coe is a massive cunt isn't he?  I certainly think so - If Ovett had a full head of hair, this thread would've taken a very different route