Re: Powerpoints

lol @ zackster

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Martin Luther King
Legs are very frickin important parts of the woman, thin ankle and tense bop is a must.
MateGreen

good work zackster lol

Part of the problem

loopy would run the presentation on Blackberrys flagship PowerPoint Control app.  Then spend the entire time restarting as it persistently crashes.

Last edited by Dermo (Monday Aug 2013 16:08:15)

Part of the problem

Zackster's would be in 8-point Arial, fucking hideously detailed run downs of the 'massive' contribution some utterly obscure producer like Momma Gravy has made to the "EDM scene". He would then produce eighteen slides on his equine gumline.

草泥马

oh fucking hell ha ha

Part of the problem

Zackster's presentation...

How I ended up looking like this...
http://classconnection.s3.amazonaws.com/290/flashcards/1175290/jpg/gi1329588228578.jpg

草泥马

Handsome Dave wrote:

He would then produce eighteen slides on his equine gumline.

ouch! i draw a couple of lols from the heavy hitters, and dave's gloves come off. i told you dave, ill have a smiling contest any time you like. it can be in powerpoint format so you can use your pat bateman-like obsession with fonts to your advantage.

Zackster, I am a northern Englishman with a face like an ape and hair and complexion like Peter Schmeichel on a bad day. I am used to opening beer bottles with my rotten, speed-addled teeth. Let's not do this. Horsey or not, you win.

草泥马

From mix off to smile off.

The transition from GU to Bedrock is now complete.

Beijing Dave wrote:

Imagine you had to sit through a presentation from a fellow board member.

What style would they have?

Loopy - Comic Sans font. Loads of slides that were just a meaningless, unconnected picture. Of him. With a weird haircut. Looking pensive.

While I appreciate the fact that you would consider sitting through one of my Powerpoint presentations, it wouldn't be about me or in comic sans.  There's nothing appropriate about comic sans usage.

I imagine Dermo's would be just him ranting and raving about everything wrong in the world... All whilst he stood on a tower of phone books so people could see him.

Yours would be about trabbs and Sergio Tacchini track tops and 1980s fashion and how the Chinese have taken away all of the joy out of your life by manufacturing knock-offs...  And racism.

Last edited by loopdokter (Tuesday Aug 2013 02:55:32)

zackster wrote:
Beijing Dave wrote:

Loopy

"the newly air conditioned waterloo memorial recreation complex is proud to present les countes d’koffmann, a 10,000 slide powerpont dissertation from canada’s favorite dance music phd. join jay for one of his signature 8 hour marathon lectures, where he recalls ALL of his favorite industry anecdotes. from barrel rolls with the son of god to cab rides with chris liebing, the good doktor’s epic career will be rehashed for those lucky enough to be in attendance. jay will expertly dual wield lap tops, combining ableton live and stunning microsoft powerpoint 2013; the result being an audio visual experience for the ages. all slides will be made available for download afterwards during the kraft macaroni and onion ring reception."

Yours: "How to listen to an intolerable racket and pretend you love it - with full track audio samples from Berlin's finest no name techno producers.  Pictures of Berlin techno nightclub 'Watergate' will also feature, since I couldn't take any in Berghain... Or get in, for that matter."

Someone went to some trouble to Wikipedia 'Waterloo' for that.  My life work is complete.

Last edited by loopdokter (Tuesday Aug 2013 03:05:57)

Strong Loopy responses here.

Fuck off dave.

I'm strictly about the numbers during my presentations - CPC, RPC, CTR, site visits - bar graphs, pie charts. No hypothesis, no learnings... straight up did you give me 15 lakh to spend on Facebook promotions? I just turned that motherfucker into 3.6 crore revenue. Bam.

Ed Smallman: "Kitchen sinking-it and living to tell the tale.  The adventures of living with a high profile London underground electronic music promoter as my housemate and training for marathons."

Last edited by loopdokter (Tuesday Aug 2013 03:03:10)

Diminished Responsibility wrote:

I'm strictly about the numbers during my presentations - CPC, RPC, CTR, site visits - bar graphs, pie charts. No hypothesis, no learnings... straight up did you give me 15 lakh to spend on Facebook promotions? I just turned that motherfucker into 3.6 crore revenue. Bam.

Rhouses: "Being 38 and still living at home.  The art of a long-term micro-lending project that didn't quite work out.  Oh, and did I mention I worked at a radio station?"

'Why I No Longer Qualify' by Jay Kaufman.

草泥马

Beijing Dave wrote:

'Why I No Longer Qualify' by Jay Kaufman.

Already started.  I'll send the invite 'round when I'm done, yeah?  Oh look, a butterfly!

loopdokter wrote:

Ed Smallman: "Kitchen sinking-it and living to tell the tale.  The adventures of living with a high profile London underground electronic music promoter as my housemate and training for marathons."

Signed up for marathon number 4 next year.

Going sub 4hrs for this.

The goal is to eventually get under 3hrs and 15 mins.

Once I've done that, I'll turn my attention to doing an iron man.

Oo'er missus.

I did that RideLondon 100 mile thing on Sunday - it was fucking great.  4:50.

Grant wrote:

So you were one of the cunts that made it impossible to drive anywhere in Surrey on Sunday. You massive fucking cunt, I missed my tee time thanks to you.

zackster wrote:
Beijing Dave wrote:

Loopy

"the newly air conditioned waterloo memorial recreation complex is proud to present les countes d’koffmann, a 10,000 slide powerpont dissertation from canada’s favorite dance music phd. join jay for one of his signature 8 hour marathon lectures, where he recalls ALL of his favorite industry anecdotes. from barrel rolls with the son of god to cab rides with chris liebing, the good doktor’s epic career will be rehashed for those lucky enough to be in attendance. jay will expertly dual wield lap tops, combining ableton live and stunning microsoft powerpoint 2013; the result being an audio visual experience for the ages. all slides will be made available for download afterwards during the kraft macaroni and onion ring reception."

gold

Any girl that can't distinguish between her grandmother and a wolf is either as dense as teak or comes from a really ugly family

sabotini wrote:
Grant wrote:

So you were one of the cunts that made it impossible to drive anywhere in Surrey on Sunday. You massive fucking cunt, I missed my tee time thanks to you.

It was pretty tricky getting home when I finished if that helps.

sabotini wrote:
Grant wrote:

Where were you playing, Sab?

A place called Milford. Pretty standard parkland course, decent views over the Surrey Hills though and in great nick. We had to wait until 4pm in the end and got drunk doing so, gave up after about 12 holes as we both had splitting headaches.

Really tempted to put one together... fucking hate PP though, so it might have to be a pdf.

Ax