Re: Breaking Bad.

Diminished Responsibility wrote:

Fully agree with you, what turncoat motherfuckers. Family comes first for walt and he did all this to take care of his family, that is the bottom line... perhaps he became a power hungry monster by the end of S4, but that's the business and that's what happens when your life has been on the line for a year and you have chilean drug baron threatening your family.

Didnt he mention something about his rich mate, Elliot, doing better than him financially and he felt cheated by it.

He said he wasnt going to let that chance pass him by again, or something to that effect.

I need to watch the first episode but I think he has an M-60 in the boot of the car.

starcreeper wrote:

I need to watch the first episode but I think he has an M-60 in the boot of the car.

Harks back to the end of the previous series. He's in a diner somewhere (with hair) and goes to the boot of his car and we see the M60 then. He's obviously been on the run. At some point between this and the phone call with Skylar the house gets torched - can't wait for Sunday night.

John Digweed has two other brothers called Paul and Ringo

Flaresy - Uneasy Listening Vol.1

There's a fairly large part of Rhouses' brain that earnestly believes breaking bad is a documentary, and I love him for it.

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Martin Luther King
Legs are very frickin important parts of the woman, thin ankle and tense bop is a must.
MateGreen

Rhouses penned a famous thread back on GU. 'All women are cunts' was the main flavour of it LOL Fair do's to him for sharing that feeling.

There's a couple of clips from the start of the progs that havent emerged yet. One, like creepy said where Walts house has been torched and kids are skating in the pool and people have sprayed anti Heisenberg graffiti on the wall and yes, the assault rifle in the trunk of his motor. Warming up with some major death in the last two.

Last edited by Dermo (Friday Sep 2013 18:56:14)

Part of the problem

chromosome_junction wrote:

There's a fairly large part of Rhouses' brain that earnestly believes breaking bad is a documentary, and I love him for it.

haha. Maybe just a little. Been a marathoning it all month while watching the final season so I'm all gung ho in this thread.

That thread haunts me to this day Dermo. lol this dick who was desperately trying to mack on a girl I was pursuing, sent her that thread... she saw humour in it, thankfully.

Awesome, simply awesome. That M60 spot was pure A Team - fucking legend. Confess to feeling a bit choked up at the end - such a perfect way to finish - but Walking Dead back in two weeks to take my mind off it.

Was happy enough with the way they tied off almost all of the loose ends - although there is still $70m odd sloshing around and unaccounted for...

Think it's purposely unaccounted for... it's the whole are we in the "money business or meth business" thing. It sort of tells you that at $10 million walt was probably doing this for his family, at $80 million he was blatantly doing it for himself. Not even a split second of thought when Jack whimpers about where the rest of the money is when Walt shoots him.

Haha my whole rant about him doing it for his family "bottom line" got shot down.

It was a bit of a girl's ending. Everything wrapped up, neat and tidy, no shocks. Almost expected a "10 years later" and seeing Jesse playing with 2 children in a back garden with the wife looking on making lemonade. It did what it needed to do, no more.

Shit ending. Thought the gun bit was pathetic too.

A hell of alot better than the Dexter ending,  Season 4 was truely epic i think things seem to tone down abit after that.

Last edited by DuFunk (Tuesday Oct 2013 02:41:09)

I thought the $70m would likely be somewhere on the nazi's ranch - that way the police find the money and his wife is off the hook, Jesse is free and Walter is the culprit.

Last edited by MJH (Tuesday Oct 2013 05:32:26)

DuFunk wrote:

A hell of alot better than the Dexter ending

I loved all seasons of Dexter, but that ending was indeed very..very weak indeed. Unfulfilling.

MJH wrote:

I thought the $70m would likely be somewhere on the nazi's ranch - that way the police find the money and his wife is off the hook, Jesse is free and Walter is the culprit.

Nice - I can swallow that.

Anybody explain to me the significance of Walter very deliberately leaving his watch on top of the phone box at the petrol station when he'd made the hoax call to get the rich cunts' address?

smashdad wrote:
MJH wrote:

Anybody explain to me the significance of Walter very deliberately leaving his watch on top of the phone box at the petrol station when he'd made the hoax call to get the rich cunts' address?

He pretended to that bitch of a wife that he was broke. Perhaps he ditched the Rolex to make the lie more plausible?

EDIT: However, I agree that it was a very deliberate scene so perhaps it had bigger relevance.

Last edited by Mr Boring (Tuesday Oct 2013 11:54:19)

The watch was his last possession that he owned from the meth money. Probably just symbolised his desire to return to who he was before he got involved in the whole underworld game.

I like your thinking dutchy but he later went on to say he enjoyed the underworld lifestyle because he was very good at it.

I want to know why he was lying on the floor like that at the end. Did he finally sample the product?

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Martin Luther King
Legs are very frickin important parts of the woman, thin ankle and tense bop is a must.
MateGreen

He just needed a rest.

Walter was going to kill Jessie until he found out Jessie was a prisoner.

The watch was the last thing that linked Walter and Jessie; Walter didn't want any reminders of their past. Possibly.

http://www.vulture.com/2013/09/breaking … inale.html

Uncle John posting on a Breaking Bad thread. Life is good.

http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio … ale-felina

Mr Boring wrote:
smashdad wrote:
MJH wrote:

He pretended to that bitch of a wife that he was broke. Perhaps he ditched the Rolex to make the lie more plausible?

EDIT: However, I agree that it was a very deliberate scene so perhaps it had bigger relevance.

So, now we know - basically for continuity! 

Vince Gilligan wrote:

(On Walt leaving his watch on the phone...)

There's the cool artsy fartsy reason, then there's the practical reason. The cool artsy-fartsy reason we kinda made up, so I'm going to give you the real reason. We shot that teaser way back in episode 501, and we had Walt in the Dennys, making the 52 on his 52nd birthday. He was not wearing a watch. Then, later on, we came up with this fun moment where Jesse, on his 51st birthday, gives Walt that beautiful watch, and he has worn it ever since. And we thought to ourselves, uh-oh, we'd better get this right. Then the artsy-fartsy reason – hopefully you don't think it's too artsy-fartsy – I think he's been wearing it all this time, and he knows he's heading for the end game. He hangs up the phone, looks at his watch and remembers that his now arch nemesis, or one of his many arch nemeses, has given it to him, and he doesn't need it any more. So he takes it off and leaves it.

Wasn't a rolex, it was a Tag.