Re: The Bedrock Sporting Bet Thread

yeh I know. I never usually do it but need the money lol

JFT 39

Went to pick up the winnings and did a score on a virtual horse, Great James at 8-1. It won. Happy days

Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs and Swansea. Just under 9-1. Why am I doing accas???

Not a bad price for that lot tbh.

Tricky game for Liverpool today. S'hampton have assembled a decent team and we have injuries. Not a home banker.

SimonR

Never again. Especially with fucking Liverpool in the mix. Useless cunts

Lol - bonk getting his excuses in early.

Serves you right Dermo.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BUtaKZdCMAAEcTQ.jpg

Wrong thread, Matt.

Mr Boring wrote:
Dermo wrote:
Mr Boring wrote:

Betting £1,000 on Liverpool not to win the league returns £90. That's a 9% return on your investment. That absolutely batters the shit out of inflation and savings bonds, plus you'll have your money back inside a year. Lump on.

Yeh and imagine the satisfaction factor from winning on that premise too. Pennies from heaven.

The poor results for Citeh and Chelsea this weekend have seen Liverpool's price shorten again - you can now get a 12% return on your money.

That'll've dropped...

How thoroughly enjoyable it was losing my bet today on the wall pushers. Id happily pay the same every week to do so. Dippers firmly back in their box. Delusion over, normal service resumed.

JFT 39

Got to be honest, I've had a gaping-wide, dripping-wet, steaming-hot, absolute fucking cunt of a howler this afternoon.

Mug's game.

MattBlack wrote:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BUtaKZdCMAAEcTQ.jpg

Memorial service for the bubble to be scheduled a.s.a.f.p...

smashdad wrote:
Mr Boring wrote:
Dermo wrote:

Yeh and imagine the satisfaction factor from winning on that premise too. Pennies from heaven.

The poor results for Citeh and Chelsea this weekend have seen Liverpool's price shorten again - you can now get a 12% return on your money.

That'll've dropped...

Indeed, you now only get around 6.7% (which is still better than bank). If you had put a grand on after the City and Chelsea games you could cash out now and take a £50 profit.

They've got Sunderland and Palace coming up so it'll either rise a bit or completely collapse depending on results.

I cant find it on bet365 i'm going to have a grand, seriously.

JFT 39

Dermo - It's on the Betfair Exchange. Make sure you click "Lay" - I'd hate to think you'd put $1000 on Liverpool to the win league by mistake.

Perhaps you should put a smaller bet on?

Putting 4 figures into a white box and hitting enter can change your mentally - you're more likely to increase your normal stake on your regular weekly bets that are doomed to lose, thereby making this Liverpool bet pointless.

haha fuck it. The dippers are 100% incapable of winning that title.

JFT 39

i cant get betfair here only bet365.

JFT 39

Dermo wrote:

Hmm, then perhaps you can try some form of dutching. For example, if you're absolutely certain that one of United, City or Chelsea will win the league then you could place the following bets:

£364.74 on City at 5/2
£340.43 on Chelsea at 11/4
£294.83 on United at 10/3

If either of those three win the title then you make £276.60 profit on your £1,000 stake. If Spurs, Arsenal, Liverpool or anybody else win then your £1,000 is gone.

EDIT - Those figures almost seem too good to be true so it's probably worth double checking my calculations.

Last edited by Mr Boring (Sunday Sep 2013 02:44:08)

Arsenal, Swansea, Spurs and Citeh offered about 10/1.

Talked myself out of it. Sigh.

That same bet but with United and not Citeh was 18-1. I did that. Like a cunt.

Presto wrote:

Arsenal, Swansea, Spurs and Citeh offered about 10/1.

Talked myself out of it. Sigh.

You did the right thing. Spurs away to Cardiff and City v United are not games to put in an accumulator.

To be honest, just stay away from accumulators period/full stop/menstruation.

Mr Boring wrote:

You did the right thing.

I agree. They certainly weren't gimmes but that's why they call it gambling.

Mr Boring wrote:
Dermo wrote:

Hmm, then perhaps you can try some form of dutching. For example, if you're absolutely certain that one of United, City or Chelsea will win the league then you could place the following bets:

£364.74 on City at 5/2
£340.43 on Chelsea at 11/4
£294.83 on United at 10/3

If either of those three win the title then you make £276.60 profit on your £1,000 stake. If Spurs, Arsenal, Liverpool or anybody else win then your £1,000 is gone.

EDIT - Those figures almost seem too good to be true so it's probably worth double checking my calculations.

Sorry mate been avoiding the footy threads to save ruining all the games I recoreded.
I can't believe 365 dont have the option ? Anyone explain why?The figures you quote are there shouts but the dipper bet would be a joy as well as a bet.

JFT 39

Dermo, in the old days you could request odds for bets not listed. There's no harm in e-mailing them asking for a price.

Those numbers for the dutching bet are obsolete now as they were calculated prior to yesterday's games.