Re: The Bedrock Sporting Bet Thread

Although I don't think losing Neymar is actually that bad technically, psychologically though its going to be hard to overcome. Argentina or the krauts will win this now I reckon.

Part of the problem

Think a ref in Brazil if Brazil are in the final will certainly feel the pressure. Not sure Robben will be awarded any penalties for his dives.

Did it again last night didnt he the little cunt? After what he said the game before too.

Part of the problem

Paddy Power offering 7-4 on 'Seven One' being uttered by a commentator in tomorrow's final. Put the house on it.

dutchy101 wrote:

Paddy Power offering 7-4 on 'Seven One' being uttered by a commentator in tomorrow's final. Put the house on it.

They'll go bankrupt. What exactly are the terms of the bet?

*Applies to the first phrase said by the BBC Match Commentators AFTER the match begins.
*Exact phrase must be said for bet to be a winner.
*Only these selections count.
*90 Minutes Betting Only.

So... is it only the first thing uttered and that's it?

Edit : Ah... I'm guessing it's the first phrase used from the choices given that pays out. A little bit tougher to guess. My house will be safe thanks!

Last edited by spinnerlg (Saturday Jul 2014 07:31:11)

Beef Jerky Time!

Couldn't find any terms. Where did you find that Spinnerlg?

dutchy101 wrote:

Couldn't find any terms. Where did you find that Spinnerlg?

http://www.paddypower.com/football/foot … ds=1798141

Beef Jerky Time!

Cheers mate.

Oscar to score 1st Holland 3-1. £10 at 370-1.

Holland 1st goal before 70 mins @ 8/13 - boom
Holland 2nd goal before 70 minutes @ 8/13 - boom

Gone back in for Holland 3rd goal before 80 minutes @ 4/6...

*edit*
apologies - earlier post had 13/8 when I meant 8/13
smile

Last edited by smashdad (Saturday Jul 2014 14:00:52)

Think its safe to say  you would have kicked my arse in the World Cup challenge mate. Well in

dutchy101 wrote:

Cheers mate.

Oscar to score 1st Holland 3-1. £10 at 370-1.

dutchy101 wrote:

Think its safe to say you would have kicked my arse in the World Cup challenge mate. Well in

Don't know about that mate - all I basically go on is that 8/13 shots come in a LOT more regularly than 370/1 shots
smile

Haha. Your strategy is indeed a sound one.

smashdad wrote:

Gone back in for Holland 3rd goal before 80 minutes @ 4/6...

Lost that one - quitting for the evening whilst ahead...

'Tactics' for the £25 World Cup challenge were to go little and often in the group games - concentrate on odds-on bets - favourites to score before 80/70/60 minutes etc - try and build up 'pot' for the knock-outs and then go bigger on the stakes - original £25 currently stands at £242.77

Got to back Germany to win tomorrow - with some in-play - I'm pretty much guaranteed to come second out of the ten of us that started it - going to have to gain probably £120+ tomorrow night to win it...

Good skills there Smashy. I've only put £20 in and that was after the first round of group games. Been up to £40 and down to almost nothing, but have £15 left for all out assault for the final.

Beef Jerky Time!

Last two bets on the World Cup...

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/29583755/World%20Cup%20011.jpg

... turned the initial £25 into £294.43 - pretty sure I've finished 2nd in the challenge.

Football can fuck off now - much more money to be taken in tennis, especially women's...

*edit*
thinking of putting the whole lot on a Scottish 'No' vote in a couple of weeks - 1/5 = free £50

Last edited by smashdad (Sunday Jul 2014 15:43:55)

smashdad wrote:

Football can fuck off now...

Having said that there are some MASSIVE mismatches in the early stages of the Europa League qualifying - combine three or four that you fancy to at least double your money - I pulled in a ten fold accumulator last week that was basically never in doubt and returned over 3/1 from memory...

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/29583755/football%2001.jpg

Bets for The Open;

Rose 14/1
Stenson 16/1
McDowell 28/1
Casey 50/1
Speith 33/1
Scott 16/1

Yant wrote:

Bets for The Open;

Rose 14/1
Stenson 16/1
McDowell 28/1
Casey 50/1
Speith 33/1
Scott 16/1

Kaymer 20/1
Fowler 40/1
Bradley 80/1

All e/w

Newbie but was at The Old Barn for Babealicious, so good Prog credentials.........

Rose, 15.00 (favourite, lol)
Fowler, 41.00 (seems to get it done in majors of late)
Westwood, 51.00 (not been playing much, or well, but still seems a good price?)
Spieth, 41.00 (probably an awful bet, doubt he's ever played links golf before)

All e/w, natch. The Open is always a double edged sword for me; one of those weeks I love "working" from home but on the other hand, Peter Alliss. Please, Peter, tell me more about Brigadier Lance Corporal Stanley McTachehaven, captain of the weekly Stableford at Dunstable GC, a lovely little parkland course just outside the town, who happened to die last week in a BLAH BLAH BLAH TALK ABOUT THE FUCKING GOLF IN FRONT OF YOU, YOU FUCKING GERTCHA.

Better than having to listen to Colin fucking montgomerie, the gormless fuck.

I somehow find Alliss more irritating. Monty is clearly a massive narcissistic wand, but he at least knows a bit about golf and talks about it. Alliss seems to take great pleasure in talking about absolutely nothing to do with golf, but not in an endearing Henry Blofeld way, just in a "fuck you and your license fee, I'm using this as my annual bulletin board for my stupid Tory cunt friends around the UK".

Last edited by sabotini (Wednesday Jul 2014 03:46:18)

Each to their own, Sabs.  I much prefer the BBC coverage, Hazel in the studio with her usual fucked up doo, Ken out on the course showing you the severity of the slopes and how high the grass is, Alliss making you feel all warm and nostalgic.  Wonderful.

Rose and Scott for me, but I've never won a penny on golf so that's them fucked.

All my horses are under par or even. Got a feelin' in me bones.