Re: Ben Afleck

shaunstrudwick wrote:

Grant apparently hates comic book films so very surprised he put himself through the pain tbh

I do hate them.  I liked the first couple of Batmans with Michael Keaton, and the first one with Bale in it, but the rest are bollocks - outside of Batman, I hate every single comic book film ever made, especially anything made in the the last 10 years.  The Green Lantern?  Fuck me.

Are you saying The Dark Knight is bollocks?

Great rant, Grant.

Nothing sadder than fucking comics. Especially grown men reading and 'collecting' them.

草泥马

Big Fella wrote:

Didn't Yant say you need to know the full Batman story with regards to that Bane chap etc ie have read the comics?

I wouldn't know mate, i've never read a superhero comic in my life.

The only comics i ever read were The Beano.

MattBlack wrote:

Total and utter, yes.

Yant, surely you've read the Tottenham programme from time to time?

That counts as a fucking comic.

As do your transfer posts.

草泥马

Nick Sneddon wrote:
Grant wrote:
Nick Sneddon wrote:

Get out

It's one of the most boring, tedious films I've ever sat through in my life.

I loved it

Nolan was phoning that film in. Saw it at the cinema and picked out far too many flaws easily.

When I watched it the second time I lost interest half way through and took the dog for a walk instead.

Big Fella wrote:

Lol strudders should get water boarded for saying story board.

the film was deliberately set out like a comic iirc...

check out my hearthis.at page

living la vida Strudders

Grant wrote:
shaunstrudwick wrote:

Grant apparently hates comic book films so very surprised he put himself through the pain tbh

I do hate them.  I liked the first couple of Batmans with Michael Keaton, and the first one with Bale in it, but the rest are bollocks - outside of Batman, I hate every single comic book film ever made, especially anything made in the the last 10 years.  The Green Lantern?  Fuck me.

the Green lantern was shite - but you get the same in all other genres as well

if you choose to watch Ryan Reynolds in a green cgi suit and a dodgy 'power' ring then you pretty much know what you are letting yourself in for punishment wise

never a fan of GL

living la vida Strudders

shaunstrudwick wrote:
Grant wrote:
shaunstrudwick wrote:

the Green lantern was shite - but you get the same in all other genres as well

if you choose to watch Ryan Reynolds in a green cgi suit and a dodgy 'power' ring then you pretty much know what you are letting yourself in for punishment wise

never a fan of GL

I've not seen it either, I'm working on instinct here.

Grant wrote:

I've not seen it either, I'm working on instinct here.

defo one to avoid

living la vida Strudders

Nick Sneddon wrote:
Grant wrote:
Nick Sneddon wrote:

Get out

I loved it

Absolutely loved it at the flicks when I was just going along with it - at home when taking a more objective look at things, it's decent but seemed rushed to me - too easy to pull holes in it.

Awful control   Broken physics   Horrific AI   Weak voice work   Poor textures.

And that's just Wally on the pull.

Grant wrote:
MattBlack wrote:

Total and utter, yes.

Sorry Grant but im not having that, you say that you liked the first two Batman films yet The Dark Knight is bollocks, Heath Ledgers portrayal of the Joker pisses all over Jack Nicholsons from a great height, Nicholson camps it up well but Ledgers makes the character out to be genuinely sociopathic and you just never know what hes going to do next, there is a petition to give Heath Ledger a posthumous Oscar for his performance in that film. Granted there have been some awful superhero films but there have been some good ones too, Avengers Assemble, Iron Man (2 wasnt that good but 3 was ok).
Ill agree that Dark Knight Rises was a bit overblown and dragged a bit in the middle but it was still a good movie, so you stick to your indie flick arthouse crap about gay cowboys eating pudding and leave Superhero films to people who actually enjoy watching these films

Oh and for the record, i havent seen Green Lantern, but it looked so crap i didnt bother with it

Wally wrote:
Nick Sneddon wrote:
Grant wrote:

I loved it

Absolutely loved it at the flicks when I was just going along with it - at home when taking a more objective look at things, it's decent but seemed rushed to me - too easy to pull holes in it.

not viewed it since cinema but interested to know more

living la vida Strudders

MattBlack wrote:
Grant wrote:
MattBlack wrote:

Total and utter, yes.

Sorry Grant but im not having that, you say that you liked the first two Batman films yet The Dark Knight is bollocks, Heath Ledgers portrayal of the Joker pisses all over Jack Nicholsons from a great height, Nicholson camps it up well but Ledgers makes the character out to be genuinely sociopathic and you just never know what hes going to do next, there is a petition to give Heath Ledger a posthumous Oscar for his performance in that film. Granted there have been some awful superhero films but there have been some good ones too, Avengers Assemble, Iron Man (2 wasnt that good but 3 was ok).
Ill agree that Dark Knight Rises was a bit overblown and dragged a bit in the middle but it was still a good movie, so you stick to your indie flick arthouse crap about gay cowboys eating pudding and leave Superhero films to people who actually enjoy watching these films

Oh and for the record, i havent seen Green Lantern, but it looked so crap i didnt bother with it

It's a boring film.  When that two-face fella turns up and you realise it's gonna drag on for another hour or so, a little bit of your soul dies. You can't compare the two Batman films either, they're completely different, with Tim Burton's version being much more tongue-in-cheek, especially when compared to the rather patheticly dark and serious load of shite the latter version tries to be

Heath Ledger winning a posthumous Oscar doesn't mean a single thing - the Oscars are a bigger load of bollocks than the film.

MattBlack wrote:

Granted there have been some awful superhero films but there have been some good ones too, Avengers Assemble, Iron Man (2 wasnt that good but 3 was ok).

God bless you Matt Black!

Tbh, I haven't seen them so I can't judge.

Grant wrote:

It's a boring film.  When that two-face fella turns up and you realise it's gonna drag on for another hour or so, a little bit of your soul dies. You can't compare the two Batman films either, they're completely different, with Tim Burton's version being much more tongue-in-cheek, especially when compared to the rather patheticly dark and serious load of shite the latter version tries to be

Heath Ledger winning a posthumous Oscar doesn't mean a single thing - the Oscars are a bigger load of bollocks than the film.

Yet at the time everyone complained it was too dark and that it wasnt fun like the TV series so they brought in Joel Schumacher and, well we know what happened with Batman and Robin.
I take your point about the whole 2 face thing and first time i watched it i agreed with you, however, the whole point is that The Joker managed to turn the cities great savior into a hate filled vigilante which is what he was aiming to do all along

MattBlack wrote:

Yet at the time everyone complained it was too dark and that it wasnt fun like the TV series so they brought in Joel Schumacher and, well we know what happened with Batman and Robin.
I take your point about the whole 2 face thing and first time i watched it i agreed with you, however, the whole point is that The Joker managed to turn the cities great savior into a hate filled vigilante which is what he was aiming to do all along

I just didn't care what happened to anyone in that film.  I often wonder what the underlying story was.

Or we could all just agree that superhero films are all cunts.

------------
Millsy , you're a board titan and beyond mere platitudes. Your contribution speaks for itself.

niton (Oct 14)

I think I made a point in the film thread about different genres, a good film is a good film whatever the subject matter – its just storytelling after all

When I play......no dog barks!!!!

I wonder if Affleck will be able to reproduce this kind of cinematic mastery?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dghbyBaQyI

Cracking read lads. Keep it up.

http://img.pandawhale.com/22212-Scarlett-Johansson-popcorn-gif-KaS9.gif

Nick Sneddon wrote:

I think I made a point in the film thread about different genres, a good film is a good film whatever the subject matter – its just storytelling after all

I kinda think the same. I obviously like all Nolan's and Burton's Batman-films. They're not for anyone, but then neither is Serbian Film and I bet some people here masturbate to it. Nolan achieved (well I like to think so) to make a three superhero films. That's a neat trick.

From the Marvel-movies I've liked the Iron Mans and Avengers. But they're just pop corn cinema, nothing more. Hugely entertaining and funny (especially Iron Man 3), but art they are not. Not ashamed in the least to say I've paid to see all of them.

The rest of the Marvel-movies pretty much sucked and I certainly didn't bother with the fucking Green Lantern. Have yet to see Man of Steel so no comment on that. Loved what Snyder did with Watchmen so keeping an open mind.

you can add Bryan Singer's X-Men 1 and X-Men 2 to the 'good' superhero film list

living la vida Strudders

Thanks for that, bald slightly creepy Sheldon.