Topic: Dixon

Going to see him this Friday at Output in BK. Love his stuff.

Anyone seen him play before?

Re: Dixon

I saw him in Dublin this time last year and he was immense.....you'll definitely have a good night on that system wink

Probably my favorite dj at th min. Hypnotic drug music at its very finest, usually plays loads of promo stuff forthcoming from his Innervisions label which is always top drawer. Was phenomenal a few weeks ago when I saw him at Eastern Electrics. Looking forward to seeing him play with Mano Le Tough in October. Proper DJ.

Last edited by seanc80 (Wednesday Aug 2013 13:55:35)

Competence is such an exotic bird in these woods that I appreciate it whenever I see it.

seanc80 wrote:

Looking forward to seeing him play with Mano Le Tough in October.

Hoping to get the London leg of that tour. Agree about the hypnotic drug music he plays....it creates an old school atmosphere imho.

The Twisted Pepper was a complete sweatbox when I saw him....the place was bouncing very nicely.

I haven't heard one bad word about the guy and same goes for Output. Supposed to be a legendary system.

Garnier is playing there on Sep 1...I wouldn't miss that if it was on me doorstep.

Friend of mine and his wife go there often, he reckons the system is up there with Twilo's. cool

i have nothing but good things to say about output. friendly staff, reasonable drink prices (by nyc standards), draft beer, sensational sound system, and great dj line ups. been there for speedy j, klock, and dvs1 on several occasions. each time was great. hope you enjoy yourself.

Excellent DJ, can't wait to catch his all night long set in Leeds (oct)

SimonR

Saw Dixon and Ame at C.A.M.P. in Old St about 4 years ago.

They played all night long and it was absolutely superb.

Dixon is the man.

Great producer but never heard him live.Defo on the clubbing bucket list though.His mix of lost in a moment is pure class.

That mix knocking about a bit back was dull as imo. Never seen him live, not likely too here either.

JFT 39

Absolutely epic night.

Dixon may be the best DJ i've seen live in the past 5 years.

Output is also phenomenal club. If you're ever in the NYC area 100% go.

drwho13 wrote:

Absolutely epic night.

Dixon may be the best DJ i've seen live in the past 5 years.

Output is also phenomenal club. If you're ever in the NYC area 100% go.

Going to NYC in November.

Heading to Output for sure.

You'll love it. They have been continuously bringing in quality names for months now.

Dixon has an EM in the next few weeks too .. as does Guy Gerber.

SimonR

Much better to listen live imo lol.

seanc80 wrote:

Probably my favorite dj at th min. Hypnotic drug music at its very finest, usually plays loads of promo stuff forthcoming from his Innervisions label which is always top drawer. Was phenomenal a few weeks ago when I saw him at Eastern Electrics. Looking forward to seeing him play with Mano Le Tough in October. Proper DJ.

Hey Sean, do you have the date for the Dublin gig?...can't find anything in the usual places, cheers mate.

saw him at stereo, brilliant night.

Any girl that can't distinguish between her grandmother and a wolf is either as dense as teak or comes from a really ugly family

Saw him last weekend at Bestival.

Brilliant.

Its in Waterford chief

https://www.facebook.com/RePublikmusic

Competence is such an exotic bird in these woods that I appreciate it whenever I see it.

His E-Mix is tonight.

Should be awesome.

seanc80 wrote:

Its in Waterford

He better be really good.

seanc80 wrote:

Its in Waterford chief

https://www.facebook.com/RePublikmusic

Ah right, my mates are running this but I'll be in Barcelona that weekend. Thought there was another date in Oct. hmm

Looking forward to the EM tonight..

Do djs really play Waterford? Its like playing Crewe but with farm hands.

JFT 39

The crystal meth is top notch apparently

Last edited by dutchy101 (Friday Sep 2013 15:01:25)