Re: Dixon

You live in a fantasy world Grant. I don't know what your problem is but it's bloody entertaining, I'll give you that.

For those going to Field Day, Dixon and Ame are on at 19.30, followed by SBTKRT.

Boom.

Lil Tony, the guy who has been behind pretty much all of the best clubs in Helsinki (Kerma, Redrum etc) and now runs Kaiku and the Ääniwalli event just posted on the upcoming Dixon-gig event on Facebook that he first brought him to play in Helsinki in 1995 when Dixon was 17. Jesus christ. I knew he'd been coming to Finland for quite some time but...

You've got a real man crush on Dixon, haven't you Hannu. I bet you've been plotting on how to brush past him really close in the booth, so your micky brushes up against his buns. Remember to take a deep breath in as you do so, and tells us all which fragrance of Axe he prefers.

Keep it FLAC. Say NO to variable bit rates.

I'm always too desperate to act and appear cool at Helsinki places like Ääniwalli to even approach the booth. That is, unless it's a friend playing. Last time I was in Kaiku I had two friends playing so I drank most of my beers in the booth lol.

That said, having never heard Dixon play live I think I have to go there this coming Sunday, first work day in four weeks (YAY SCANDINAVIAN HOLIDAYS) or not.

Dixon's on autopilot now.

Du jour sunbed house.

Have a great time though Hannu.

saw him in Ibiza a couple of weeks ago, was great! The only thing I hate about Dixon is that he hardly ever releases any livesets. Like all the enter sets are recorded except his. Its fucking annoying.

So a bit like the old days then, when the odd mixtape might turn up once in a blue moon and if you wanted to hear someone you had to actually, like, go out and watch them play.

Seems legit to me.

I agree with you but still sometimes I like to re listen the set I just enjoyed live.

kovy71 wrote:

I agree with you but still sometimes I like to re listen the set I just enjoyed live.

me too.  i saw him at stereo in montreal last year about two weeks before his essential mix and it was nice to be able to go back and listen to some of the same records at home.

Top top Dj is Dixon.

Dixon will be over here in December again, will be attending fo shizzle..

Has there been a date set for that yet chief? Saw the lads confirming the booking for Dec but no date?

Competence is such an exotic bird in these woods that I appreciate it whenever I see it.

seanc80 wrote:

Has there been a date set for that yet chief? Saw the lads confirming the booking for Dec but no date?

Fri 12th for the Republik lads, Sean. I assume he'll be up here the following night maybe?

http://www.mixesdb.com/w/1999_-_Dixon_@ … lub_Radio)

12:29.

www.soundcloud.com/dogmanstar888

"charlie masses of Sounds there Live was a mental immense grooving thing but super mental in terms of arming and disarming" - universoGus, Jul 2014

Love Amplified have Dixon booked to play in Portsmouth on the south coast on the 13th of september

You know you've made bank when you get to play a gig in Pompey.

Impressive.

Granted Portsmouth is'nt known for its clubbing but the Love Amplified have some good events coming up, they have grown quite popular on the south coast, along with High tide in Southampton