Re: Dixon

lol

Waterford is a fuckin hole. The cranks that run the nights are wankers who think theyre running Amnesia, they have some of the worst clientele you could possibly imagine and youll need a helmet on at chucking out time to discourage would-be thugs from breaking your face.

Fortunately, my family resides on the coast which is spectacular and safe from the jungle of downtown.

Id advise Mano and Herr Dixon to take the cash and run.

Hows it got on the circuit for djs in the first place?

Part of the problem

Its always been on the circuit but lately theyve been getting all the popular names. Even Uncle John made a visit.

Still, doesnt matter who you get, if the club they play at is like a nightclub in Blackpool, it takes the sheen off.

Well this is quite good...

http://soundcloud.com/everybodywantstob … 2013-09-14

Nightclubs in general are absolutely full of insufferable bastards anyway. Ibiza Waterford or London, the whopper count is through the roof.

Competence is such an exotic bird in these woods that I appreciate it whenever I see it.

Some unbelievable music on that essential mix by the way.

Competence is such an exotic bird in these woods that I appreciate it whenever I see it.

Oh yeah, this is amazing. Guy Gerber and Sarsha have some big shoes to fill to follow this.

Homegrove wrote:

Oh yeah, this is amazing. Guy Gerber and Sarsha have some big shoes to fill to follow this.

Why when are they on?

Part of the problem

Sasha's is a live one from Warehouse-project, November 16. Guy Gerber was the 29th of this month. I think.

righto.

Part of the problem

Dixon likes the sound of his own voice a bit too much IMO.

Scratch that, Guy Gerber is on next weekend.

Big Fella wrote:

Dixon likes the sound of his own voice a bit too much IMO.

Yea he's always laboring to find ways to peddle pointless nonsense, Paul lol.

http://im-label.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/880690-man-ironing.jpg

Last edited by seanc80 (Saturday Sep 2013 09:21:33)

Apologies if I said something out of turn about your hero, Sean.

He was waffling about people recording his mixes at the start of that EM, very tenagliaesqe.

That's a great mix that.

Big Fella wrote:

Apologies if I said something out of turn about your hero, Sean.

He was waffling about people recording his mixes at the start of that EM, very tenagliaesqe.

When we saw him a couple of weeks ago spotted about 10 people trying to Shazam his set. I think it's a legitimate gripe on his part.

Helluva mix. Imagine this plus 4 hours and that's what he played out.

Poor bloke.

Looking forward to this...

*clicks play*

-edit-

35 odd minutes in and it's already obvious that this is going to be a much replayed mix.  Couldn't be further up my alley if it tried.

Last edited by smashdad (Saturday Sep 2013 12:40:23)

Big Fella wrote:

Poor bloke.

lol - I feel for the poor chap.

smashdad wrote:

*clicks play*

-edit-

35 odd minutes in and it's already obvious that this is going to be a much replayed mix.  Couldn't be further up my alley if it tried.

good innit

When I play......no dog barks!!!!

Nick Sneddon wrote:
smashdad wrote:

*clicks play*

-edit-

good innit

Oh, mate - and some...

*edit*
That Tale Of Us tune three from the end is fucking glorious

Last edited by smashdad (Saturday Sep 2013 13:49:26)

drwho13 wrote:

Absolutely epic night.

Dixon may be the best DJ i've seen live in the past 5 years.

Output is also phenomenal club. If you're ever in the NYC area 100% go.

Gutted that I missed it. Had some family stuff this weekend in NE. Output is like 15 mins from my apt, too. Amazing place. Saw Digweed there this past winter.

Great mix. Didn't like his previous mixes one bit, but this is cool shit.

Shame he let himself down by having a reg-and-a-half at the start. Although he's right he made himself sound like a right miserable German khunt. Great positive vibe to start your mix off with.

Part of the problem

Dermo wrote:

Great mix. Didn't like his previous mixes one bit, but this is cool shit.

Shame he let himself down by having a reg-and-a-half at the start. Although he's right he made himself sound like a right miserable German khunt. Great positive vibe to start your mix off with.

Great mix - thanks for pointing it out chaps....and yeah totally agree Derm - I mean wtf - "Can't stand people who taken sie iphone video and doen sie shazam at the gig...." ..... I can think of better ways to christen your first essential mix ... good/great dj but clearly a first rate pillock.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMSKnCbUqBs

This sounds top notch too....and a bit of shazaming going on too...brilliant....if i do go to see him, I'll definitely be doing bit of that