Re: Dixon

He's got that head leaning back "fuck you cunts" thing going on. His life is entirely surrounded by sycophants blowing smoke up his corduroy lederhosen.   He's the Germanic Waffen-SS equivalent of early to mid Sasha, only more "functional" and in leather shorts.

Big Fella wrote:

Lol at everybody coming around to my way of thinking about dreary Dixon.

I like his music (in fact love it)....but he is a complete twat little doubt about it....takes himself so feckin seriously

Last edited by jules72 (Saturday Apr 2014 03:22:29)

A flash in the pan if you ask me. Considering he's been at it since 1993 and only just been of any note in the last 12 months, I cant really see it lasting. Bit of a fad for the Grey Goose music twats.

Part of the problem

He might come across as a twat, but he's been a brilliant DJ and producer for ages. He's been coming to Helsinki for years and years and never failed to deliver. The big success might be recent, but he's had his fans longer.

There's also a chance his twattiness is a result of his shyness or something. I know shy people who some consider assholes, just because they're bit of introverts.

More likely that he's an arrogant German. Which is exactly how he comes across.

Part of the problem

And all that shazzaming bollox showed him up for what he's really like.

Part of the problem

I think Dixon would benefit by wearing a tee in the same vein as Matt black wears on his Soundcloud. 'Sex, Drugs and Sausage Roll'

Dermo wrote:

And all that shazzaming bollox showed him up for what he's really like.

Tbf he might have said it in the wrong way / at the worst time possible but i totally agreed with him (but then again, i am a grade A cunt so birds of a feather and all that).

Awful control   Broken physics   Horrific AI   Weak voice work   Poor textures.

And that's just Wally on the pull.

Its the time he chose to say it. On his fucking e-mix for fuck sake. A time to showcase your music to the planet and instead he chose to show the world what a spoilt twat he was instead.

Part of the problem

Big fan and really enjoyed the interview. Having a family myself I can understand his point about it (now) becoming a job & the whole thing being tedious at times.

Doubt he'll be selling his decks soon though mully.

Part of the problem

The shazam debacle is made even more pointless considering he rinses the fuck out of tracks for a year before they get released too....!

Recommend checking out the leaked live @ Bar Americas from August / September last year. Decent. A lot of tunes from his essential mix but some proper gems in there - 2.5 hours worth.

Awful control   Broken physics   Horrific AI   Weak voice work   Poor textures.

And that's just Wally on the pull.

He doesn't come across as a dick in that interview at all for me....just an honest, normal guy who has a tough job at times..

He's a fantastic DJ and one of the very few out there I'll go out of my way to go and see, defo not a flash in the pan....Maceo Plex on the other hand I would place firmly in the pan.

jules72 wrote:

I like his music (in fact love it)....but he is a complete twat little doubt about it....takes himself so feckin seriously

sorry pal but you are way off the mark

When I play......no dog barks!!!!

What is tough about his job Liquidtech?

If he wants to see his family more perhaps cancel a few dates, instead of raking it in.

Big Fella wrote:

What is tough about his job Liquidtech?

If he wants to see his family more perhaps cancel a few dates, instead of raking it in.

He's only human after all, Big Fella....do people really think just because you fly all around the world playing at gigs that you're not allowed feel down or fed up at any point? That's nonsense for me..

Almost like when dumb football fans question how pro footballers could suffer from depression.

He wants to work in a chippy morning, noon and night mate, then he would know true depression.

Fair enough mate, haha

I don't buy this Dj'ing is a tough gig lark. Fuck that. Like BF said cancel some fucking gigs if its such a ball ache. Or better still take the Doris and chimps with you on a holiday.  Most of his time is spent in a studio probably in his house.

Move Dixon to 'things that can FUCK OFF' thread, moaning bout the shitty globe-trotting DJ lifestyle. The cunt.

Part of the problem

You really dislike him trying to hold his tracks a secret don't you.

I don't get what the big thing about is Shazam-comment was, the way I took it he just wishes people would enjoy themselves at his gigs and dance to the music, and not stand on the dancefloor trying to trainspot every fucking tune.

liquitech1 wrote:

defo not a flash in the pan.

Why has he taken 19 years to become recognised then? I'm not talking about playing a yearly gig in the arse end of Finland either. I'm talking on a global recognised scale. Something he most definitely hasn't been until the last 18 months. Even his productions have been largely ignored by the masses until about 2 years ago when they started getting recognition by a wider audience.

Part of the problem

Yeah right.

Homegrove wrote:

You really dislike him trying to hold his tracks a secret don't you.

I don't get what the big thing about is Shazam-comment was, the way I took it he just wishes people would enjoy themselves at his gigs and dance to the music, and not stand on the dancefloor trying to trainspot every fucking tune.

Yeh and every dj could say that because it happens to all of them. But it just so happens those cunts shazzaming him are also the cunts filling his bank balance up with wedge. I bet it wasnt even happening to him until recently either. Talk about biting the hand that feeds you.

Part of the problem

Homegrove wrote:

Yeah right.

I said 'largely ignored' the odd track here and there for 18 years nearly. Look at his discogs. Its years of wilderness.

Years of relative anonymity then the minute he actually gets properly recognised for his art he’s moaning about the fans who pay his fucking wages shazzaming him and bitching about the travel involved. OH FUCK OFF

Last edited by Dermo (Saturday Apr 2014 06:21:47)

Part of the problem