Re: Dixon

Well, that one track is one of my absolute favorites of the last decade. Might even be the best track of 2004-2014.

Dixon has had a huge following in Germany and Europe for donkeys....he chose to build residencies and a following before jumping at the easy SW4 gig or equivalent. It sounds like he just arrived on your radar, Dermo...

...a flash in the pan would suggest he'll be gone in a year or two or his appeal will waiver, I sincerely doubt that mate...the label is stronger than ever and keeps delivering and if you managed to catch him at a recent gig you would know this guy is the real deal and ain't going anywhere fast...just my opinion tho!

Surely as well as the dj mag rating I suppose, the way you know a dj has hit the top is top billing in Ibiza.

He wasn't doing that five years ago.

Point taken liquit but the odd production aside there's very few people had heard of him until his e-mix. You're not telling me old Pete Wrong didn't know he was larging it round the EU? All of a sudden Dixon is the flavour of the month/year. Why? Because he went through a purple patch of top tunes and people suddenly took note. Something he hadn't enjoyed for the best part of two decades.
Ive got tracks from him from years ago but apart from his production name I wouldn't have had a fucking clue who he was.

Last edited by Dermo (Saturday Apr 2014 06:29:46)

Part of the problem

Big Fella wrote:

Surely as well as the dj mag rating I suppose, the way you know a dj has hit the top is top billing in Ibiza.

He wasn't doing that five years ago.

Correct. To my knowldege he wasn't doing it 2 years ago either.

Part of the problem

Dave Seaman is a regular cock sucker of Dixon on his radio shows

Homegrove wrote:

Well, that one track is one of my absolute favorites of the last decade. Might even be the best track of 2004-2014.

You're having a laugh mate, I know nothing about dance music and even I know that isn't true.

Pumper&Dumper wrote:

Dave Seaman is a regular cock sucker of Dixon on his radio shows

Haha but only recently. Everyone has just jumped on the Dixon buzz and its all cool and trendy and people in scoop necks and silly framed glasses are digging him. In the mean time he's moaning like fuck at every interview opportunity he gets. Sucking a fizzy cola bottle flavoured dick is Dixon.

Last edited by Dermo (Saturday Apr 2014 06:40:40)

Part of the problem

Big Fella wrote:
Homegrove wrote:

You're having a laugh mate, I know nothing about dance music and even I know that isn't true.

Dixon has been rocking Finland for years BF. The epicentre of the EDM scene it is.

Part of the problem

Dermo wrote:

Point taken liquit but the odd production aside there's very few people had heard of him until his e-mix.

Are you talking about kids who are just new to the scene?

No. Globally. Which he has suddenly become in a matter of months. Anyone who has a basic interest in tunes will have heard of him, but so what. That's a fraction compared to other bill heading Dj's.
I have two friends who have been into the scene since the beginning and neither of them had heard of Dixon.

Part of the problem

I just think Dixon is a darling of Resident Advisor at the moment, as was Jamie Jones a few years back. A least he looked like he was enjoying himself.

Henry Saiz > Dixon

Dermo wrote:

No. Globally. Which he has suddenly become in a matter of months. Anyone who has a basic interest in tunes will have heard of him, but so what. That's a fraction compared to other bill heading Dj's.
I have two friends who have been into the scene since the beginning and neither of them had heard of Dixon.

I agree he's new for a lot of people but I don't see what the problem there is tbh.. hmm

Whether he came late for some or has been doing it for years for others, doesn't really matter, he still has a gash choice in clothing whilst playing unbelievable sets...

shaunstrudwick wrote:

Henry Saiz > Dixon

Now here's something that really doesn't make any sense wink

liquitech1 wrote:

but I don't see what the problem there is tbh.. hmm

There is no problem, i'm just saying as I did initially - why is the cunt moaning at every opportunity about a life most people would donate a left nut for ?

Part of the problem

all i know is that i got to see him spin a brilliant set at stereo in the last 12 months and would be glad to see him again.

i couldn't  care less how someone comes across in an interview as any statement can easily be manipulated to come across as the writer wants it to. honestly, how often do germans come across as warm and fuzzy?

As for the family issue etc. As someone who spends more that his fare share of time in planes. It is a slog not matter how much you are paid and how much you love what you do.  even singapore airlines sucks when you are in a 6 hour ground stop at FRA due to engine issues and you are facing 8 more hours into JFK and then another connection home.

my name is jules and i approved this message

Any girl that can't distinguish between her grandmother and a wolf is either as dense as teak or comes from a really ugly family

Are we really judging DJ's by their interviews? The music he plays is great.

His set at Output here in NYC was the best I've heard in years.

How can so many of you be filled with so much hate for people you've never even spoken to. Lighten up.

Last edited by drwho13 (Saturday Apr 2014 07:25:45)

Big Fella wrote:
Homegrove wrote:

I was stating an opinion, not a fact. Each to their own and all that, but to me that tune has been in the bag (or on a usb-stick) since it was released. It also always goes down well.

snowstorm wrote:

honestly, how often do germans come across as warm and fuzzy?

LOL.

drwho13 wrote:

How can so many of you be filled with so much hate for people you've never even spoken to. Lighten up.

Hold on a minute mate, so you cannot say Dixon comes across as miserable in his interviews unless you know him personally (or have spoken to him)?

Bit like somebody saying you cannot say De Niro was rubbish in Last Vegas unless you can act better yourself.

Never heard that tune before, Hannu. Good tune.

Big Fella wrote:
drwho13 wrote:

Hold on a minute mate, so you cannot say Dixon comes across as miserable in his interviews unless you know him personally (or have spoken to him)?

Bit like somebody saying you cannot say De Niro was rubbish in Last Vegas unless you can act better yourself.

a bit like the old classic GU review "The night sucked, music was rubbish. granted, i wasn't there but i know"

Any girl that can't distinguish between her grandmother and a wolf is either as dense as teak or comes from a really ugly family

dutchy101 wrote:

Never heard that tune before, Hannu. Good tune.

Put it in your best tune of the last decade folder.

..didn't mind the way he came across in the interview, he's just a bit German, that's all.

He's been an ace producer and a good DJ for a while, and Innervisions is deffo one of the more consistent labels in recent years.

It's not his fault his sound is suddenly popular, personally I find it infinitely more interesting to listen to stuff like his new tracks/edits and unreleased stuff from the label than the same deep/tech house tracks that every other fucker has.

So what if he doesn't like to reveal the stuff he's playing? I'm betting most DJ's would sit on new music a hell of a lot longer if they could, it's just a lot harder to do these days

soundcloud.com/unbroken1

Unbroken1 wrote:

He's been an ace producer and a good DJ

what tunes has he produced?