Re: Danny Howells - Balance 24

He'll be playing in Toronto soon-ish.  I haven't seen him play since 2005, so this should be good based on that tracklisting.

humfer wrote:
smashdad wrote:
humfer wrote:

All words copied and pasted from Balance website. There words not mine!

- 'their', not 'there'
- you chose to cut and paste didn't you? You potentially spineless cunt...

Oh do please fuck off

Righto.

Squidgy wrote:

Seriously man, you really are a bellend sometimes

Sorry to have offended.  Man.

Looking forward to this...Howells has never disappointed me with his mix comps...

These aren't the droids we're looking for, you can go about your business now, move along, move along...

ghostriddenhuffy wrote:

Looking forward to this...Howells has never disappointed me with his mix comps...

Had a re-listen to his Renaissiance Mix collection , which I had completely forgotten about. Still sounds good, nice and deep.

Pricer wrote:
ghostriddenhuffy wrote:

Had a re-listen to his Renaissiance Mix collection , which I had completely forgotten about. Still sounds good, nice and deep.

From his pre-stoicism era - got this on as I type - one of my favourites from that time...

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/UlFekWVySrk/maxresdefault.jpg

smashdad wrote:
Pricer wrote:
ghostriddenhuffy wrote:

From his pre-stoicism era - got this on as I type - one of my favourites from that time...

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/UlFekWVySrk/maxresdefault.jpg

Great mix for sure - both volumes are boss.  His Ren mix is ace & I always come back to his 24:7 mix as well as GU Miami...the dude spends time in the trenches to be sure with his track selection & programming....

These aren't the droids we're looking for, you can go about your business now, move along, move along...

Quite a bit different to what he plays now but I've dusted off a copy of this and had it on in the car all week.Tremendous gear......

http://www.discogs.com/Danny-Howells-Mi … ase/178757

Got the other 2 but never heard that one. Got a few tunes from it that were on the Nocturnal Frequencies covermount cd. Howells is a ledge.

The thing is with Howells, he has done some cracking mix cds but I still dont think they capture how good he is 'live'.
Imo of course.

Most times I've seen Howeller he's been a bit dodge.

Still a proper ledge though.

I find his cd's tend to always have one track on them that I really don't like. I.e. Slam Lifetimes on one of yhd noc frequencies and that Tiga track on the Miami cd spring to mind

The Howeller was in very good form at Pacha a few weeks back ... only playing to about 30 people in the global room. Faultless mixing and track selection ... perhaps he's just not trendy enough to get the gigs these days. Shame.

Hopefully this puts him back on the map.

SimonR

Yah a real shame Danny's put himself at the back of the shelf lately. He used to be right next to the jelly.

Wish I was old and a little sentimental.

Anyone who knows their onions knows Howells is mustard

Is Danny not trendy anymore? God how times change! Sad to hear if that is the case.

Always comes across as a decent chap too.

Howells that is.

He was brilliant warming up for Digweed at one of the monthly Bedrocks he did last March.

smallman1 wrote:

Always comes across as a decent chap too.

Howells that is.

Yep. Always happy to give you the name of a track. Top bloke. Top dj.

Grant wrote:

He was brilliant warming up for Digweed at one of the monthly Bedrocks he did last March.

Yep.

Dropped an Iz and Diz track from 24:7 too, this one -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKD2ACVqu94

Grant wrote:

Used to love hearing him warm up at the monthly Thursday night Bedrock back in the day.

the Luxury man is not about trends, never was

Howells implies very very different sounds Cognitions

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

smallman1 wrote:
Grant wrote:

Yep.

Dropped an Iz and Diz track from 24:7 too, this one -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKD2ACVqu94

That was mint when he played that, got a real reaction from the crowd

One of his finest warm ups was for Bedrock@Matter 2009....pure class!

Live at The Sunset Club, Charlotte - 14-04-05

Bliss.

One of his classics with soul and funk tunes for the first hour (something he doesn't really do anymore sadly (I think?))

Got the lovely http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hejCVC3k7y0 on it.

smile

Awful control   Broken physics   Horrific AI   Weak voice work   Poor textures.

And that's just Wally on the pull.

never got all the hype around this guy.

however, he did drop zz top's "sharp dressed man" in arc several years ago. the place went bananas. that was pretty cool.