Topic: Track ID

I have a short sample of a track that I recorded from a pirate radio station in the UK in 1994.  The sample is the intro of the track - it goes on to be a sort of early progressive tune if I remember rightly.

I've been seeking this tune for ages but no one can ID it.  Please help!

Here is the link (bad quality rip from cassette tape!) : soundcloud.com/djrobfrancis/unknown-tune

Thanks in advance for your help.

Re: Track ID

Does it kick in later? Seems familiar.

JFT 39

Yes it kicks in to a 4/4 beat plus a bassline that sounds like other prog tunes of the time.  The break with the strings and piano riff come back in again.

I can't find the rest of the track, its on another tape somewhere which must be lost sad

ah shite. Think id need the rest.

JFT 39

After much digging around I have found the rest of the track!  Please take a listen and let me know if you have any ideas what it might be.

Again Shazam and SoundHound couldn't help me.

soundcloud.com/djrobfrancis/mystery-tune

I actually managed to track down the DJ who originally played this - that in itself is an achievement albeit a little stalker-ish!  However he can't remember what it is or even remember having played it before.  So it looks like the trail is going very cold...

Great tune. Can't help with the ID I'm afraid.

Sounds a lot like Lo'ay Watany - Illusion

Thanks but I don't think it is.  That Illusion track seems new-ish (2011) whereas the track I'm after was released in 1993, maybe 1994.

Right on... figured as much. It just sounded like it had a similar progression. Hope you find out what it is.

*bump*