Re: Sooo, Bedrock last night?

Pretty good night. Good to feel that atmosphere that only Bedrock brings and yeah seemed a better crowd this year imo. Many many more Londoners compared to last year me thinks.

With the risk of repeating everyone elses thoughts, again the problem with Fire is the layout. The main entrance/exit/facilities/other rooms all lead to that front corner and it spoils it a bit for people just trying to stay down the front. Again the raised bit at the side with the steps I get the feeling is supposed to be there for dancing and spectating from height. However it just becomes the main route of moving from the back bar area to the other rooms/toilets/etc and thus its just a constant push and shove up there. Also could do with some air con in room 1 which I'm sure XOYO had?

Bedrock always conjures up that classic dark atmosphere like no other night can, but could do with using a better venue imo. I find myself getting lost in the music and then within five minutes - shove, again people bombarding to either get to the bar/back/front of the room or move between rooms and the moment is temporarily lost. Person after person attempting to move without spilling drinks doesn't exactly create a euphoria.

Also some of the effects lighting (blue beams) seemed to be out of use at the back of room 1, near the stage so the effects lighting was pretty much just over the lower section.

Good night on the whole but its the Bedrock atemosphere/crowd/music selection that is responsible for that not the venue by any means.

Last edited by pete_tong_mad (Monday Oct 2013 14:53:20)

ID at 2:10??

Last edited by pete_tong_mad (Monday Oct 2013 15:03:06)

Anyone else having hearing issues after Saturday night? Having trouble with the lower range at the moment. First time I've ever experienced such long term effects.

------------
I am STILL a child of the 80s mix: https://soundcloud.com/themills23/i-am- … of-the-80s

millsy23 wrote:

Anyone else having hearing issues after Saturday night? Having trouble with the lower range at the moment. First time I've ever experienced such long term effects.

Yeah. Still ringing three days later...

millsy23 wrote:

I had to go to an Audiolgist a few months back with same issue. It may take a few weeks for the ringing to go away, so don't worry about it as worrying makes it worse.

You should consider getting custom ear plugs, they cost a bit but they're well worth it - after a while you don't even notice them during a gig.

Pricer wrote:

worrying makes it worse.

I'm pretty sure this is medically proven.

Thanks Pricer. I'll hold off on the lawsuit for s couple of weeks.

------------
I am STILL a child of the 80s mix: https://soundcloud.com/themills23/i-am- … of-the-80s

Pricer wrote:
millsy23 wrote:

I had to go to an Audiolgist a few months back with same issue. It may take a few weeks for the ringing to go away, so don't worry about it as worrying makes it worse.

You should consider getting custom ear plugs, they cost a bit but they're well worth it - after a while you don't even notice them during a gig.

+1

And acoustic ones don't distort the clarity of the music.

Perhaps don't stand at the front, or right near the speakers.

Or don't be so fucking gay.

sabotini wrote:

Or don't be so fucking gay.

Doesn't take long for the hate to reappear on these forums.

We are talking about a music night held at a gay venue and someone comes out with that.

Last edited by pete_tong_mad (Tuesday Oct 2013 05:07:20)

"Gay jokes are faupaux, player. You’ve gotta update your material"

DuFunk wrote:

faupaux

superb

Phil Opian wrote:
DuFunk wrote:

faupaux

superb

Thanks derm.

Big Fella wrote:

Perhaps don't stand at the front, or right near the speakers.

But that's where all the strumpets were, so...

------------

I am famed for my faupauxs.

DuFunk wrote:
Phil Opian wrote:
DuFunk wrote:

faupaux

superb

Thanks derm.

lol

I'm impressed with myself at managing such a coherent summary of the night - think it sums it up pretty succinctly

Fantastic night & always good to catch up with mates you dont see as often these days
(perhaps a bit too hazy - lets just hope they release a 15th Birthday CD so I can remember it a bit clearer)

I found the best way to avoid the scrum was load up on booze & water and plonk yourself in the middle of the dancefloor and get your sweat on

Hodgy wrote:
j.p sykes wrote:
Hodgy wrote:

who as one of my mates aptly put it "was giving some kind of fucking master class on modern techno".H

That wasn't Adam by any chance was it 'Odge? smile

If I knew you were going I'd have come out of retirement (again) - hope all is well with the family mate.

It was actually Cartsy, who came up with that comment mate: 8:44am on the phone to me whilst he searched out Victoria station having kidnapped Books for a train journey back to the coast, post Bedrock.  I didn't see Books in there but Carter and Tasty were on form.  When I say form I mean they were fucking mullered.

I should have text you to say we were going - sorry mate... Was all a bit touch and go whether I'd make it but I did for a few hours and it was electric.
Hope all good with you and yours fella smile

Guess who's back .......... 'Odgy's back

Phil Opian wrote:
DuFunk wrote:

faupaux

superb

Phil Opian is DuFunk

Did Monsters of Rock at Donington many years ago... had ringing for about two weeks. Grim.

A decent club sound system shouldn't give you problems for more than a day or two imo. This one sounds pony.

Grant wrote:
Phil Opian wrote:
DuFunk wrote:

faupaux

superb

Phil Opian is DuFunk

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130626184107/disneyplanes/images/9/98/Gab.jpg

pete_tong_mad wrote:
Pricer wrote:
millsy23 wrote:

+1

And acoustic ones don't distort the clarity of the music.

Been using plugs for a couple of years now, defo recommended

Big Fella wrote:

also stood on simonr's feet on exiting room 1 when digweed came on, poor lad was crushed against a wall, not sure why it was a good idea to have only one exit and entrance in the main room. Cannot confirm they were his Pradas though.

You should have introduced yourself BF .. I'd have even got you a drink in wink

Was wearing versus coloured adidas trabbs.

SimonR

Nick Sneddon wrote:

blimey - glad you had a good one mate, its been a while smile

Yes mate it's been ages... I hit you up on soundcloud time ago... Still playing two of your mixes frequently mate, especially the 5 hour marathon effort.  Nice one

I haven't been to bed yet.