Topic: Weekend

What have you been up to / will be up to tonight? Everyone still feeling tired after Bedrock?

I'm really proud of the even the local techno-organization has organized for tonight here in Turku. It's our 20th birthday-party. I've been a member since 2000. The usual parties we've held have been UG-things with about 100-200 attending, so I'm really pleasantly surprised that the advance tickets for tonight's event have been sold out. The venue can hold about 1500 people, so this is a step up for sure.

I also have a 300 meter walk home from the party. big_smile

https://www.facebook.com/events/159321840939488/

Re: Weekend

Saw Jay Z last night, absolutely superb.

Getting stoned for the rest of the weekend.

All the best with the gig Hannu.

An hour long b2b. Shouldn't be much of a stress. big_smile

The reason the sets are so short is to cram as many members as possible to play in the smaller rooms.

Spent most of the last couple of days switching between bed and the sofa all stuffed up with man flu.

I'll be stuffing my cock between my legs and dancing to Dixon in front of the mirror like buffalo bill from silence of the lambs

"I am the fucking club" - Flares 19.03.14

The party has sparked an interesting collaboration already. That's Octave One in Jori Hulkkonen's studio.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/q77/s720x720/1391920_732946790054699_1612522247_n.jpg

Homegrove wrote:

The party has sparked an interesting collaboration already. That's Octave One in Jori Hulkkonen's studio.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/q77/s720x720/1391920_732946790054699_1612522247_n.jpg

Purple Aki's looking well.

I wonder whose muscle he's squeezing....

"I am the fucking club" - Flares 19.03.14

I've been doing my open water PADI in a gravel pit near Heathrow. It wasn't pleasant. Same again tomorrow.

Game of Thrones.

"You fucking tit" - La Nausee

Flaresy - Uneasy Listening Vol.1

Grant wrote:

I've been doing my open water PADI in a gravel pit near Heathrow. It wasn't pleasant. Same again tomorrow.

I did mine in the lagoon of the Maldivian island I was staying at.  Cost a fair bit less than in the UK too.  Live and learn though eh...

Beer and the arrows.

Grant wrote:

Nice choice of classroom wink

All worth it in the end though, I worked as a Divemaster for a bit....great times

Went to see Micky Flanagan last night. Fairly shite

Competence is such an exotic bird in these woods that I appreciate it whenever I see it.

Got dragged to a Cream 21st freebie last night to see BT ... oh dear is all I can say.

Back with family .. hoping to be home for Homelands .. busy work week ahead before ADE.

SimonR

smashdad wrote:
Grant wrote:

I did mine in the lagoon of the Maldivian island I was staying at.  Cost a fair bit less than in the UK too.  Live and learn though eh...

Going there in two weeks and didn't want to waste time passing it. Glad it's out of the way now.

seanc80 wrote:

Went to see Micky Flanagan last night. Fairly shite

Juice was at it... he thought he was very good.

Was he that  bad?

Oh, I went to see Special Brew in my local. Good Dublin ska band. Did a version of Gino by Dexy's that was really excellent.

Then got mashed. Excellent evening all round.

Grant wrote:
smashdad wrote:
Grant wrote:

Going there in two weeks and didn't want to waste time passing it. Glad it's out of the way now.

Have dived off Maldives, Seychelles, Mauritius and Phi Phi. Also cage dived off Gaansbai with Great Whites. Once you've seen one dolphin/shark/whale you've seen them all.

Thought the first half was very weak, got better after the interval. Nowhere near as funny as he used to be imo.

A few good laughs but a bit disappointing really. Dont think big venues like The O2 lend themselves to comedy gigs either.

Last edited by seanc80 (Sunday Oct 2013 09:54:04)

Competence is such an exotic bird in these woods that I appreciate it whenever I see it.

Grant wrote:
smashdad wrote:
Grant wrote:

Mate, trust me, you wouldn't have wasted any time given that your entire training would've taken place in the Indian Ocean rather than a gravel pit near Heathrow - now you can do your dives exactly where you would've done your training.

Best time of year to be, and dive, in the Maldives though - obviously no idea where you're staying but it's Manta Ray season - Lankanfinolhu (aka Manta Point) is a great dive if you can get there - you can just make me out in the early seconds of this video...

Last edited by smashdad (Sunday Oct 2013 10:16:25)

Cheers SD.

It would've been 5x 90 minute sessions to finish the open water element - we're there for 9 days and just want to dive straight away without any of the shit I've just done this weekend. I'm glad it's done and we can just dive.

Staying at Moofushi - supposed to be brilliant for diving. Will check out Manta Point, cheers.

Just got back from a weekend in Amsterdam. Butcher's on Friday (A private members secret club at the back of a takeway. You get in via something like an airlock. Saturday night was The Supper Club, this was dessert!
http://i41.tinypic.com/20l1ffq.jpg

Last edited by TitianWarrior (Monday Oct 2013 08:31:40)

That looks fucking gross. Who wants to eat some sort of minge chocolate?

sabotini wrote:

That looks fucking gross. Who wants to eat some sort of minge chocolate?

Well... when you put it that way...

Last edited by Presto (Monday Oct 2013 09:02:51)