Topic: So Danny Tenaglia Friday.

Mint Club - I have never seen him before, really looking forward to it but don't know exactly what to expect. Any heads up? Some straight up house wouldn't go amiss.

The future ain't what it used to be.

Re: So Danny Tenaglia Friday.

As a world-renowned extroverted homosexual, Danny likes nothing better than to be photographed from all angles with your smartphone. He also likes to be reminded of his incredibly successful eye surgery by shining a laser light pen at him during breakdowns (not necessarily musical ones. lol)

------------
I am STILL a child of the 80s mix: https://soundcloud.com/themills23/i-am- … of-the-80s

Re: So Danny Tenaglia Friday.

millsy23 wrote:

(not necessarily musical ones. lol)

love it.

Re: So Danny Tenaglia Friday.

Got a few mates going to this. Massive swerve from myself.

Re: So Danny Tenaglia Friday.

His unique blend of monotonous HOMO-BONGO and those crotchless leather chaps should go down well with the lads from the leeds rhinos first 13. 

More cock then John Wayne's pistol over the night, one would imagine.

Re: So Danny Tenaglia Friday.

Seen him at Shindig Warehouse in Newcastle a few weeks back and he played full on drum based techno for 99% of the set. I think I read on here recently someone describe his current sound as a 'wall of beats' and thats pretty much how I would describe it as well. Lots of layering of drums with very few baselines or distinct melodies and only the odd the occasional vocal sample. Not a mincey gay house tune in sight, although he did play a mix of Eleanor Rigby near the end which  the crowd went mental for but I though was friggin awful.

Might not be everyones cup of tea but I thought overall he was fantastic and had an amazing night. Couple of vids here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-7nPXkWx4g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e06eAN2a2rE

Re: So Danny Tenaglia Friday.

Mark Newcastle wrote:

Seen him at Shindig Warehouse in Newcastle a few weeks back and he played full on drum based techno for 99% of the set. I think I read on here recently someone describe his current sound as a 'wall of beats' and thats pretty much how I would describe it as well. Lots of layering of drums with very few baselines or distinct melodies and only the odd the occasional vocal sample. Not a mincey gay house tune in sight, although he did play a mix of Eleanor Rigby near the end which  the crowd went mental for but I though was friggin awful.

Might not be everyones cup of tea but I thought overall he was fantastic and had an amazing night. Couple of vids here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-7nPXkWx4g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e06eAN2a2rE

Sounds like the kind of stuff he played at MOS a few years back, I thought he was great. Would have loved to have gone to The Egg a few months ago but I wouldn’t touch that place with Eds

When I play......no dog barks!!!!

Re: So Danny Tenaglia Friday.

Mark Newcastle wrote:

Seen him at Shindig Warehouse in Newcastle a few weeks back and he played full on drum based techno for 99% of the set. I think I read on here recently someone describe his current sound as a 'wall of beats' and thats pretty much how I would describe it as well. Lots of layering of drums with very few baselines or distinct melodies and only the odd the occasional vocal sample. Not a mincey gay house tune in sight, although he did play a mix of Eleanor Rigby near the end which  the crowd went mental for but I though was friggin awful.

Might not be everyones cup of tea but I thought overall he was fantastic and had an amazing night. Couple of vids here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-7nPXkWx4g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e06eAN2a2rE

tbf that sounds pretty good, right up my leafy lane.......he'd go down (arf arf) pretty well at Atomic Jam with kind of hefty percussive techno

"I am the fucking club" - Flares 19.03.14

Re: So Danny Tenaglia Friday.

Remember it being pretty relentless when I heard him, class all the same

When I play......no dog barks!!!!

Re: So Danny Tenaglia Friday.

There's the Eleanor Rigby track. Can see it working in a club

Re: So Danny Tenaglia Friday.

No need for the vocal really.

Re: So Danny Tenaglia Friday.

That's one of those tracks that's easy to sneer at on here but, when munted at 7am after 5 hours of pounding techno, probably works.

Re: So Danny Tenaglia Friday.

sabotini wrote:

That's one of those tracks that's easy to sneer at on here but, when munted at 7am after 5 hours of pounding techno, probably works.

Agreed.

Re: So Danny Tenaglia Friday.

Big Fella wrote:

No need for the vocal really.

quite.....in that first 50seconds is all's needed to be done......everyone recognises the strings, job done.

"I am the fucking club" - Flares 19.03.14

Re: So Danny Tenaglia Friday.

I can't think of any decent 'Dad rock' dance remix that's any good. Beatles remixes? Do me a favour. Was it Eric Prydz or James Lavelle that did that woeful remix of Pink Floyd, The Wall ? Either way, heinous.

------------
I am STILL a child of the 80s mix: https://soundcloud.com/themills23/i-am- … of-the-80s

Re: So Danny Tenaglia Friday.

millsy23 wrote:

I can't think of any decent 'Dad rock' dance remix that's any good. Beatles remixes? Do me a favour. Was it Eric Prydz or James Lavelle that did that woeful remix of Pink Floyd, The Wall ? Either way, heinous.

It was Prydz......speaking of shit dad rock remixes, get your lug-holes round this:

Last edited by chuffer (Tuesday Oct 2013 04:51:39)

"I am the fucking club" - Flares 19.03.14

Re: So Danny Tenaglia Friday.

Old tracks remixed are all the rage. Danny, the big fat dick riding tramp is all over this album. Dropping them like his undies in a bus station toilet he is.

http://www.beatport.com/release/karaoke … gs/1155751

Re: So Danny Tenaglia Friday.

Phil Opian wrote:

Old tracks remixed are all the rage. Danny, the big fat dick riding tramp is all over this album. Dropping them like his undies in a bus station toilet he is.

http://www.beatport.com/release/karaoke … gs/1155751


We're sorry for the inconvenience but the item you tried to view is restricted in your territory. Here are some items that are similar to the one you were looking for

Assume that URL is for Beatport Australia Phil.

Re: So Danny Tenaglia Friday.

AAO music is American chief. The clues are out there.

Re: So Danny Tenaglia Friday.

That all seems fine Dermo.......just one more thing

http://www.columbo-site.freeuk.com/frontpagecolumbo1.jpg

------------
I am STILL a child of the 80s mix: https://soundcloud.com/themills23/i-am- … of-the-80s

Re: So Danny Tenaglia Friday.

This Dermot perception seems to be a bit of an obsession with you boys. He must be honored.

Re: So Danny Tenaglia Friday.

Phil Opian wrote:

honored.

Deliberate mis-direction?

Re: So Danny Tenaglia Friday.

A dj i think everyone needs to see unfortenetly hasnt yet been to my shores.

Re: So Danny Tenaglia Friday.

DuFunk wrote:

A dj i think everyone needs to see unfortenetly hasnt yet been to my shores.

He knows your lot have quite aggressive views towards his type. Probably a safety thing.

Re: So Danny Tenaglia Friday.

fadass wrote:
Phil Opian wrote:

honored.

Deliberate mis-direction?


Or maybe just how i spell it?