Topic: Jay Kaufman presents Autumn - October 16th, 2013

Bit late on this one, but...

ARTIST - TRACK TITLE - ALBUM/E.P. - LABEL/CATALOGUE NUMBER
1. Brigante, Ali Love and Luca C - Different Morals (Danny Daze remix) - Southern Fried & Tested Volume 4 - Southern Fried Records 370
2. Glimpse - Whiles - True South E.P. - AUS Music 1347
3. Broke One - Gravity - Waiting Lines E.P. - BMKLTSH 033
4. Tom Trago - True Friends - Two Together E.P. - Rush Hour 412
5. 2nd Sequel - Not A Sequel - Candy From Stranjjurs Volume 2 - STRANJJUR 003
6. Petrichor - On Tides - On Tides E.P. - Soma Records 364
7. Art Bleek - Procedure 678 - Peaceful Stride E.P. - Eevo Next Recordings 047
8. Ian O'Donovan - Firenze - The Other Side Of Midnight E.P. - Evo Next Recordings 043
9. Mijk Van Dijk and Benno Blome - Moonlight (Daniel Dexter remix) - Moonlight E.P. - Sender Records 092
10. Shades Of Gray - Illusions (Mobile Soul System Remix) - Remixes From The Vault Volume 1 E.P. - BEEF Records 011.
11. Arcade - Feel The Heat (Frogs In Socks remix) - Feel The Heat E.P. - No Brainer Records 030
12. Mario Basanov - Give Me Back - Bill E.P. - Needwant 028
13. Jimpster - Rollergirl - Porchlight and Rocking Chairs - Freerange Recordings
14. Per Hammar - Ogaden - Gregor Treshor Presents Breaking New Soil Volume 6 E.P. - Break New Soil Recordings 037
15. Andreas Henneberg - Waiting in the Weeds - Mountain - Voltage Musique 051

https://hearthis.at/jaykaufman/jay-kauf … 16th-2013/

Starting off on the housier end of things and moving more towards the tougher sounds of techno, this mix isn't the latest and greatest, but a collection of tunes I have been into for a while.

Mixed, engineered and mastered by Jay Kaufman at Intellect SoundSource Studios - Fergus, ON, Canada. Additional production by Jay Kaufman at Intellect SoundSource Studios - Fergus, ON, Canada.

Re: Jay Kaufman presents Autumn - October 16th, 2013

Lots of stuff I havent heard before on there Jason. Will check it out over the weekend Jason.

Cheers Jason.

Rollergirl is a belter, Jase.

Last edited by Big Fella (Saturday Nov 2013 01:09:43)

loopdokter wrote:

Mixed, engineered and mastered by Jay Kaufman at Intellect SoundSource Studios - Fergus, ON, Canada. Additional production by Jay Kaufman at Intellect SoundSource Studios - Fergus, ON, Canada.

LOL never fails to amuse me. What utter fucking gash that lot is haha

Part of the problem

Must admit to appreciating the additional info.

I don't quite understand what engineering or mastering is required to play other people's records (which have already been mixed, engineered and mastered)?

Last edited by chuffer (Saturday Nov 2013 12:58:18)

"I am the fucking club" - Flares 19.03.14

chuffer wrote:

I don't quite understand what engineering or mastering is required to play other people's records (which have already been mixed, engineered and mastered)?

Look up Aspergers.

Part of the problem

millsy23 wrote:

Lots of stuff I havent heard before on there Jason. Will check it out over the weekend Jason.

Cheers Jason.

Clearly we know each other outside of here.  Fess up!

chuffer wrote:

Although all tunes are mastered, that doesn't mean they sound alike side-by-side.  The levels can be quite off, the EQ not the same and so forth - especially in today's digital age where a lot of labels don't even bother to master their stuff before it gets a release.  I do my best to sort all of this so it's not all over the shop.

Frankly, I wouldn't expect anything less out of Dermo.  He's my biggest fan in the sense that the more he comments, the longer this stays at the top of this forum.  I owe my career to you, Dermo.

loopdokter wrote:
chuffer wrote:

Although all tunes are mastered, that doesn't mean they sound alike side-by-side.  The levels can be quite off, the EQ not the same and so forth - especially in today's digital age where a lot of labels don't even bother to master their stuff before it gets a release.  I do my best to sort all of this so it's not all over the shop.

Frankly, I wouldn't expect anything less out of Dermo.  He's my biggest fan in the sense that the more he comments, the longer this stays at the top of this forum.  I owe my career to you, Dermo.

Double edged sword.

Wasn't too fussed on this mix at first but it comes to life as soon as On Tides kicks in.

loopdokter wrote:
chuffer wrote:

oh right.......so you use your EQ and Gain knobs then........or DJ'ing as it's commonly known as

Last edited by chuffer (Monday Nov 2013 14:22:07)

chuffer wrote:
loopdokter wrote:
chuffer wrote:

oh right.......so you use your EQ and Gain knobs then........or DJ'ing as it's commonly known as

lol

Jason is a craftsman. Let's just leave it at that.

Invulv4

chuffer wrote:

Err, no.  I do it in post production.  How difficult of a concept is that to grasp?

Big Fella wrote:

Wasn't too fussed on this mix at first but it comes to life as soon as On Tides kicks in.

Thanks for listening.

Did anyone ever guess the mystery fruit?

loopdokter wrote:
chuffer wrote:

Err, no.  I do it in post production.  How difficult of a concept is that to grasp?

LOL @ "post production." 

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT6urkABJHuu3Qoo7GHCDRcrW6Yiov_TJhkJg84_Nhx7oD8osQk

Last edited by starcreeper (Tuesday Nov 2013 11:53:12)

*deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep breath*  "One game at a time lads" - Strudders (Mar,Apr,May 2014)

loopdokter wrote:
chuffer wrote:

Post what? Post your mix?

If so then I guess what you are saying is that you "touched up" your mix using editing software like audacity or soundforge etc?

Otherwise, you are saying that you felt it necessary to change the EQ/gain of a track you bought (which these days are all mastered to complete fuckery) using software when you could have simply done the same on your DJ mixer.......seems odd but hey ho......

Last edited by chuffer (Tuesday Nov 2013 12:24:44)

chuffer wrote:

Otherwise, you are saying that you felt it necessary to change the EQ/gain of a track you bought (which these days are all mastered to complete fuckery) using software when you could have simply done the same on your DJ mixer.......seems odd but hey ho......

Laugh all you like.

The real story should be told by the end product, not my studio geekery and the people in here frowning upon it.

Just post the fucking mix then if thats all that matters and why make such a fucking statement about the use of all your fucking, fucking around with it post mix, by giving it a complete paragraph of how you've fucked about with it?

You giant dribbling speng.

Last edited by Dermo (Monday Nov 2013 21:00:51)

Part of the problem

Is this mix any cop?

it's really well engineered

I got to chapter 2 then lost the plot a bit. It's very well engineered though. The levels are mint.