Re: Sasha @ Amnesia - July 1996

nice one, been after this for ages

TitianWarrior wrote:

I was 24, I still have the cassette recording I made when it was originally broadcast

Me too, although I was 26!

Thanks for the upload - FWIW the 192 version is just over 90 minutes long and your 320 is the whole two hour EM broadcast.

Golden days for Ibiza smile

who was on before Sasha, playing some pretty decent mix of Born Slippy?

Sounds like Sasha came on and annihilated the buzz!!!

"I am the fucking club" - Flares 19.03.14

that remix of Inner City Life is pretty special

"I am the fucking club" - Flares 19.03.14

back when the words 'remix of Inner City Life' didn't make a little bit of sick come into my mouth.

Thanks for the upload fella. I still have no idea where mine has gone on my HD. It'll probably turn up now! The Dj on before was Tongy... he had to play a bit extra as Sasha was delayed on the plane (hmmm)... hence why Rambling after hom was only about 20 mins or so. Still got the cassettes in the loft just in case! wink

Beef Jerky Time!

Everyone is most welcome smile

I've got this on tape and subsequently poor rip on cd but both are fucked so nice one for putting this up... Absolute barnstorming set, 94-96 were his absolute pinnacle years in my opinion.  He's played well since then but he was fucking unstoppable in the mid 90s.

I was 16 when this mix was aired but still remember peering over my shitty tape deck waiting to hit record at exactly the right moment knowing that I only had one brand new TDK 90 left to use.  Remember cursing my age in 95 and 96 when these essential mixes came out... This one and oakie's ku club sept 95 are two of the best ever, no question.