Re: Festive Mix Swap

So once you've finished tinkering with the intro, spent several weeks uploading it, plus the marathon of listening to the mix itself, we should be finished in time for your next one this coming Christmas, yes?

John Digweed has two other brothers called Paul and Ringo

Flaresy - Uneasy Listening Vol.1

Cant wait. Tale it to pm you cunts.

Part of the problem

Dermo wrote:

Cant wait. Tale it to pm you cunts.

Hopelessly late though Loopy's effort is, it is noted that he's delivered a mix Derms...

Eh?!

Haha never said I was going to. Or ever going to. I'm like Burial but more mysterious.

Part of the problem

flares_and_an_anorak wrote:

So once you've finished tinkering with the intro, spent several weeks uploading it, plus the marathon of listening to the mix itself, we should be finished in time for your next one this coming Christmas, yes?

That sounds about right.  Normally I don't spend this much time on a mix, but this went through huge tempo changes and the like.  I wanted it to have some logical flow and be 'mixed' together, so I warped tracks that were recorded in the days when bands and the like had drummers and producers recorded to dodgy tape.

Anyway, here it is!

http://hearthis.at/jaykaufman/jay-kaufm … -8th-2014/

The levels (shock) are a bit off in places and it could use a few tweaks, but at least it's up to be digested.  Enjoy.

Tracklist Jay, for god's sake. I've just started listening and I can't get through the whole mix not knowing what I'm hearing...

Edit: Actually, don't sweat it...I got this. That mix out of Bananarama was boss btw.

Last edited by flares_and_an_anorak (Friday Feb 2014 13:37:58)

Tracklist Jay, for god's sake. I've just started listening and I can't get through the whole mix not knowing what I'm hearing...

Edit: Actually, don't sweat it...I got this. That mix out of Bananarama was boss btw.

Haha.  You should know most of the stuff... Especially this early on.

Tracklisting will be upped tonight or tomorrrow at the latest. smile  Glad you're enjoying it so far.

That mix out of Bananarama was boss btw.

That's not something you read every day.

The idea behind this mix was to give a bit of a representation of my musical upbringing, mixed in with some modern stuff that I'm into as well.  It's somewhat chronological in terms of decades, but it doesn't quite follow that methodology due to tempo changes and my desire for the the mix to flow seamlessly.  This spans everything from new wave, synth pop, drum 'n bass, house, funk, etc.  Some of the tunes were Canada-only hits and may not be known to you, so all the better for music discovery. smile

The version that's uploaded has some errors that to my ears are pretty blatant, but I'll keep it up until I've managed to replace it with the fixed one.

http://hearthis.at/jaykaufman/jay-kaufm … -8th-2014/

Jay Kaufman presents Opus - Bedrock Board Festive Mix Swap 2013 - February 2014

ARTIST - TRACK TITLE - E.P./ALBUM - LABEL - LABEL CATALOGUE # (if available)

1.  Jean-Michel Jarre - Oxygene (Part II) - Oxygene - Polydor Records
2.  Bent - As You Fall - Ariels - Open CD004
3.  Massive Attack featuring Tracy Thorn - Protection - Protection - Wild Bunch Records
4.  Tears For Fears - Head Over Heals - Songs From The Big Chair - Vertigo Records
5.  One Dove - White Love (Slam mix) - FFRR
6.  Bassomatic - Fascinating Rhythm - Set The Controls For The Heart Of Bass - Virgin Records
7.  Janet Jackson - Nasty - Control - A&M Records
8.  Bananarama - Cruel Summer - London Records
9.  Drake featuring Majid Jordan - Hold On, We're Going Home - Nothing Was The Same - Cash Money Records
10.  Fiction Factory - (Feels Like) Heaven - Throw The Warped Wheel Out - CBS Records
11.  Depeche Mode - Everything Counts (Long Version) - Everything Counts E.P. - Mute Records
12.  Falco - Der Kommissar - A&M Records
13.  Eurythmics - Here Comes The Rain Again - Touch - RCA Records
14.  Rone - Beast (Part 2) - Tohu Bonuse - Infiné
15.  David Bowie - China Girl - Let's Dance - Virgin Records
16.  Gowan - Strange Animal - Columbia Records
17.  Joy Division - Transmission - Factory Records
18.  Payola$ - Eyes of a Stranger - No Stranger To Danger - A&M Records
19.  The Buggles - I Love You (Miss Robot) - Age Of Plastic - Island Records
20.  Gino Vanelli - Wild Horses - Big Dreamers Never Sleep - Polydor Records
21.  Bruce Springsteen - I'm On Fire - Born In The U.S.A. - Columbia Records
22.  Omni Trio - Renegade Snares (Rob's Reconstruction Mix) - Music For The Next Millenium - Sm:)le Communications
23.  Electrosoul System - Outerheaven - Fish Eat Duck - Ketama Records LP001
24.  Calyx & Teebee - Elevate This Sound - Elevate This Sound E.P. - RAM Records 120
25.  BCee & Bladerunner featuring Philippa Hanna - In The Shadows - Lost & Found - Spearhead Recordings 051
26.  Andrew Bayer & Matt Lange featuring Kerry Leva - In and Out of Phase (Calyx & Teebee remix) - Alternative Beats 01 - Anjunabeats CD116
27.  Brookes Brothers featuring Danny Byrd - Paperchase - Drum & Bass Summer Slammers 2013 - Viper Recordings LP006
28.  Logistics - The Grid - Drum & Bass Arena 2013 - Drum & Bass Arena 010
29.  Chase & Status featuring Louis M^ttrs - Lost And Not Found - RAM Records 138
30.  The Brookes Brothers - Tear You Down - Brookes Brothers -
31.  Drumsound & Bassline Smith featuring Feur - One In A Million (Club mix) - New State Music 8850
32.  Wu-Tang Clan - C.R.E.A.M. - Enter The Wu-Tang (36 Chambers) -
33.  The Pharcyde - Passing Me By - Bizarre Ride II The Pharcyde - Delicious Vinyl
34.  A Tribe Called Quest - Bonita Applebum - People's Instinctive Travel's And The Path - Jive Records
35.  Junior M.A.F.I.A - Get Money - Conspiracy - Bad Boy Records
36.  3rd Bass - Derelicts Of Dialect - Derelicts Of Dialect - Def Jam Records
37.  Notorious B.I.G. - Juicy - Ready To Die - Bad Boy Records
38.  Public Enemy - Don't Believe the Hype - It Takes A Nation Of Millions To Hold Us Black - Def Jam Records
39.  Black Sheep - The Choice Is Yours (Revisited) - A Wolf In Sheep's Clothing - Mercury Records
40.  Digital Underground - The Humpty Dance - Sex Packets - Attic Records
41.  Whodini - Five Minutes Of Funk - Escape - Jive Records
42.  Nu Shooz - I Can't Wait - Poolside - Sire Records
43.  Rob Base & DJ E-Z Rock - It Takes Two -
44.  De La Soul - Say No Go (Say No Dope mix) - Tommy Boy Records
45.  Hall and Oates - I Can't Go For That (No Can Do) (Extended Club Mix) (Jay Kaufman's re-edit) - RCA Records
46.  Maestro Fresh-Wes - Let Your Backbone Slide - Symphony In Effect - Attic Records
47.  Strafe - Set It Off - Jus Born Records 001
48.  M.A.R.R.S. - Pump Up The Volume (Original Version) - 4AD Records
49.  Bang The Party featuring Noise - Bang-Bang You're Mine - Back To Prison - Warriors Dance CD004
50.  Raze - Break 4 Love (Original Mix) - Grove Street 014
51.  Robert Owens - I'll Be Your Friend (Original DEF Mix) - RCA Records
52.  LNR - Work It To The Bone (Vocal Mix) - House Jam Records 8803
53.  Inner City - Good Life - Big Records - Virgin Records
54.  Twin Hype - Do It To The Crowd - Twin Hype - Profile Records
55.  S-Express - Theme From S-Express (12'' Extended mix) - Rhythm King
56.  808 State - Pacific 202 - 808 Utd. State - ZTT Records
57.  A Guy Called Gerald - Voodoo Ray - Voodoo Ray E.P. - Rham Records
58.  Rhythm Is Rhythm - Strings Of Life - Transmat Records 004
59.  Blunted Dummies - House For All (Original mix) - Definitive Recordings 006
60.  M1 - Feel The Drums (Sweaty Drums mix) - Feel The Drums E.P. - Emotive Records
61.  Orbital - Halcyon + On + On - Orbital II - FFRR
62.  Opus III - It's A Fine Day (Original mix) - It's A Fine Day E.P. - PWL International
63.  Slam - Positive Education - Positive Education E.P. - Soma Quality Recordings 008
64.  Emeli Sandé - Isles Of Wonder: Music For The Opening Ceremony Of The London 2012 Olympic Games - Universal Music
65.  Underworld - Dark And Long (Dark Train) - Dark & Long E.P. - Junior Boys Own
66.  Blast featuring V.D.C. - Crazy (Father's Of Sound In Progress mix) - Flying Records
67.  Sensation - Beautiful Morning (Fluke's Multipractic mix) - One Little Indian Records
68.  Bent - Comin' Back - Ariels - Open CD004
69.  D-Train - You`re The One For Me (Labor Of Love mix) - Prelude Records 621
70.  Freestyle - Don't Stop The Rock - Jam Packed 011
71.  Cybotron - Clear - Clear E.P. - Fantasy Records
72.  Tone Loc - Wild Thing - Lōc'ed After Dark  - Delicious Vinyl
73.  Salt 'N' Pepa - Push It - Push It E.P. - London Records
74.  Midnight Star - Freak-A-Zoid - Solar
75.  Roger Troutman - So Ruff, So Tuff -  I Heard It Through The Grapevine E.P. - Warner Bros. Records
76.  Massive Attack featuring Terry Callier - Live With Me (Alternate Version) - Live With Me E.P. - Virgin Records
77.  This Mortal Coil - Son To The Siren - Blood - 4AD Records
78.  Gordon Lightfoot - The Wreck Of The Edmund Fitzgerald - Reprise Records

Last edited by loopdokter (Sunday Feb 2014 18:24:35)

Good grief.

Part of the problem

Thought this was a ETC post and almost passed it up Loopy. SORRY man. Track list looks ace. Like me some Electrosoul System.

Wish I was old and a little sentimental.

furry wrote:

Thought this was a ETC post and almost passed it up Loopy. SORRY man. Track list looks ace. Like me some Electrosoul System.

His album that the track I used is off of is excellent.

Bloody hell Jase. I'll give this a listen over the next few weeks.

------------
Millsy , you're a board titan and beyond mere platitudes. Your contribution speaks for itself.

niton (Oct 14)

Loopy I am 100% intrigued and will certainly listen.

Like your style, left of centre, nice.

wowsers 78 tracks marathon there Loopy. I am downloading this now,

Drumsound & Bassline Smith featuring Feur - One In A Million (Club mix)

horrendous Loopy. Have a word with yourself for this one. Wouldn't be surprised to have this played in a montage sequence during Children in Need.

------------
Millsy , you're a board titan and beyond mere platitudes. Your contribution speaks for itself.

niton (Oct 14)

Just listening to loopys now after a marathon download, its most interesting, will report back with full update when its done, sonetime around 11pm (if i am still awake)

Filed under Reg

Tone Loc - Wild Thing is so boss it's ridiculous.

smallman1 wrote:

Tone Loc - Wild Thing is so boss it's ridiculous.

Agreed, looking forward to getting to Tone Loc about 10.17pm this evening

Filed under Reg

Bassomatic, Black Sheep and Hall and Oates have been highlights of todays listening session.

------------

niton (Oct 14)

Dermo wrote:

Good grief.

LOL

millsy23 wrote:

Bassomatic

This came wafting out of the other room whilst I was preparing supper. Did I run back in for a quick frug? Of course I did, be rude not to.

millsy23 wrote:

Bassomatic

This came wafting out of the other room whilst I was preparing supper. Did I run back in for a quick frug? Of course I did, be rude not to.

Fascinating rhythm, everyones all over Loopy's mix today. I'm just over an hour in, enjoying it so far, bit 'kooky' but a goI'd trip down memory Lane!! When does stars and shines get mixed in?

Last edited by BedRob (Monday Feb 2014 12:15:30)

Filed under Reg

William Orbit at his finest.  The entire album is worth a look - even all of these years later.  That track in particular was a bit of an 'anthem' at the all ages club I used to go to when I was around 14 or so.

Last edited by loopdokter (Monday Feb 2014 15:05:49)

millsy23 wrote:

Drumsound & Bassline Smith featuring Feur - One In A Million (Club mix)

horrendous Loopy. Have a word with yourself for this one. Wouldn't be surprised to have this played in a montage sequence during Children in Need.

[shrug] I like it.  I have no idea of how popular it is over yonder.  To be quite honest my knowledge of 'current' drum n' bass is quite limited.  I just know what my ears like.