Re: The weekly Transitions thread.

Nah bollix. its shit down there. This is the discussion forum. If you can talk about pedo's you can talk about Transitions.

Its didn't/doesn't work because SimonR tried turning it into a replica of his MS board and another shit load of sites that do exactly the same.

Like I said, its not about tracklists and pictures of the label or giving reachrounds. Its about the music itself.

Last edited by Dermo (Wednesday Dec 2013 15:29:31)

Part of the problem

Re: The weekly Transitions thread.

*wonders out loud how many people on this board actually listen to Digweed's 'Transitions' show more often than once in a blue moon*

Last edited by smashdad (Wednesday Dec 2013 15:27:07)

Re: The weekly Transitions thread.

I listen to it every week without fail.

Part of the problem

Re: The weekly Transitions thread.

So, that's at least one board member then...

Re: The weekly Transitions thread.

haha there's loads on here listen to it. You need to get down with the kids smashy.

Part of the problem

Re: The weekly Transitions thread.

You're very negative about all this. Has diggers upset you?

Part of the problem

Re: The weekly Transitions thread.

I don't doubt you for a second oh wise one - I'd genuinely be interested* to know how many of those who post on here more than once a month listen to more than one Transitions show per month...

* Curious.  Slightly.  Kind of.

Re: The weekly Transitions thread.

Dermo wrote:

You're very negative about all this. Has diggers upset you?

One person's 'negative' is another person's 'realistic' isn't it?

Digweed upset me?!  Yeah, I'll never forgive the cunt...

Re: The weekly Transitions thread.

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by how many do.

You could say how many that post on here go to see him live. Or how many on here actually pay for his albums.

Part of the problem

Re: The weekly Transitions thread.

Dermo wrote:

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by how many do.

You could say how many that post on here go to see him live. Or how many on here actually pay for his albums.

'pleasantly'?!

Going to see him live isn't remotely comparable - as you well know.  How many pay for his albums?  I suspect that has a direct correlation to how shit they are.

Re: The weekly Transitions thread.

OOOhhhh you have got a problem with diggers haven't you?

I believe it is comparable. If you are interested in Transitions there's as much a correlation about discussing his tracks as there is buying his albums and seeing him live.

Very few on here do any of it. But the one thing we do all do is spend hours on here discussing it.

Part of the problem

Re: The weekly Transitions thread.

Dermo wrote:

OOOhhhh you have got a problem with diggers haven't you?

I believe it is comparable. If you are interested in Transitions there's as much a correlation about discussing his tracks as there is buying his albums and seeing him live.

Very few on here do any of it. But the one thing we do all do is spend hours on here discussing it.

I absolutely don't have a problem with him at all mate.

*starts justifying why not but stops as simply no need*

Derms, I just genuinely think that not that many people on here listen to Digweed's weekly show.

Either way, the answer is surely very simple - start a thread on here called something like 'Digweed's Transitions Chat' and post in it every time you want to.  It shouldn't need to get 'stickied' - if, as you suspect, there's loads of interest in it then the thread will hang around and grow to be huge like the 'general footy' and 'listening to now' type threads.

Won't it?

Last edited by smashdad (Wednesday Dec 2013 15:53:23)

Re: The weekly Transitions thread.

smashdad wrote:

start a thread on here called something like 'Digweed's Transitions Chat'

I thought thats what i had done? Isn't the Weekly Transitions thread the same as Digweeds transitions chat? I really do think more people than you think listen to it.

Last edited by Dermo (Wednesday Dec 2013 16:01:03)

Part of the problem

Re: The weekly Transitions thread.

Dermo wrote:

isn't the Weekly Transitions thread the same as Digweeds transitions chat? I really do think more people than you think listen to it.

It's virtually identical mate yes. smile

I'll fuck off out of this now then and watch from the wings...

Re: The weekly Transitions thread.

Haha. See you in 100 pages time smile

Part of the problem

Re: The weekly Transitions thread.

smashdad wrote:

'general footy'


You're not allowed to use that term I'm afraid - you'll upset the Trafford-worshipping luvvies on here.

John Digweed has two other brothers called Paul and Ringo

Flaresy - Uneasy Listening Vol.1

Re: The weekly Transitions thread.

have a listen every week - some are definitely better than others and I think the guest mixes are always worth a go too - you get a pleasant surprise every now and again.

shame he stopped doing the live shows as they used to provide a few gems that I hadn't heard anywhere else.

Re: The weekly Transitions thread.

I have bloody good taste in music I'll have you know! Anyway Transitions 484 was one of the best recently, first three tracks were great.

https://m.soundcloud.com/everybodywants … hn-digweed

Knackered as usual

Re: The weekly Transitions thread.

Guy Mantzurs mix this week is really good.  That Guy J - Combo track reared its head on it again this week and Guy Mantzur & Guy J - All In and Bp - Aguila are mint tunes

Last edited by Dermo (Thursday Dec 2013 00:17:06)

Part of the problem

Re: The weekly Transitions thread.

I've never listened to a Transitions but go and see Diggers and pay for his mix albums.

Hope that helps.

x

Re: The weekly Transitions thread.

Yeah not a bad effort from Mantzur.

Re: The weekly Transitions thread.

smashdad wrote:

I don't doubt you for a second oh wise one - I'd genuinely be interested* to know how many of those who post on here more than once a month listen to more than one Transitions show per month...

* Curious.  Slightly.  Kind of.

I used to.....but it's hard to keep up with them all, more to life etc....I'd rather he did it once a month and to be honest it would focus the quality as there has been the odd shit week here and there in the past

Last edited by chuffer (Thursday Dec 2013 03:14:58)

"I am the fucking club" - Flares 19.03.14

Re: The weekly Transitions thread.

Shouldn't this thread be placed in the 'Radio Show Discussion' forum?

Re: The weekly Transitions thread.

lol

he has a point....

"I am the fucking club" - Flares 19.03.14

Re: The weekly Transitions thread.

chuffer wrote:
smashdad wrote:

I don't doubt you for a second oh wise one - I'd genuinely be interested* to know how many of those who post on here more than once a month listen to more than one Transitions show per month...

* Curious.  Slightly.  Kind of.

I used to.....but it's hard to keep up with them all, more to life etc....I'd rather he did it once a month and to be honest it would focus the quality as there has been the odd shit week here and there in the past

Its got a lot better recently. Well this year imo. Last year got boring but the tunes keep flowing this time round. I'm not a big fan of the live mixes on it actually. Its where the ear bleed starts to emerge.

Part of the problem