Re: The weekly Transitions thread.

Genuine 50+ pager contenders don't spend their first few pages with introspective naval-gazing about their own validity. They just are.

I have pretty much listened to the show every week since it started, give or take a few. When you stop and think about it, we have been pretty spoilt to have one of the best dj's in the world play us his favourite tunes every week for years and years.

So, thank you John.

Arse lick over.

LATEST MIXES FOR D/LOAD:
http://soundcloud.com/jp-sykes

I used to regularly listen to the show on kiss in the early 2000's up till about 2006 when he started playing that glitchy techy crap then started listening to them again in the last couple of years, I used to only listen to the guest mixes but recently have found myself listening to Diggers section too and to be fair some of them have been pretty good, when he hasn't been plugging tracks from the versus comp or playing anything by Maxine Bojangles or Japanese popstars

I think you're being a little unfair there Matt. There are purveyors of techy crap the world over who work very hard to make their stuff as glitchy as possible. We shouldn't undermine their efforts with sweeping generalisations.

John Digweed has two other brothers called Paul and Ringo

Flaresy - Uneasy Listening Vol.1

I catch it when I can....I've missed a lot of weeks recently though so will use that link Dermo posted....Thx dude!

flares_and_an_anorak wrote:

I think you're being a little unfair there Matt. There are purveyors of techy crap the world over who work very hard to make their stuff as glitchy as possible. We shouldn't undermine their efforts with sweeping generalisations.

Yes youre right, im sure its very difficult to make unlistenable techy crap, mind you The Japanese Popstars seem to have it down to a fine art

Actually i think i stopped listening to it regularly when Kiss decided to move it to about 3 in the morning and replaced it with some shite handbag house show, cant remember what year that was though

MattBlack wrote:

Actually i think i stopped listening to it regularly when Kiss decided to move it to about 3 in the morning and replaced it with some shite handbag house show, cant remember what year that was though

was that the year you found yourself matt?

------------
Millsy , you're a board titan and beyond mere platitudes. Your contribution speaks for itself.

niton (Oct 14)

Not a bad mix this, sound quality is good too

http://soundcloud.com/everybodywantstob … hn-digweed

MattBlack wrote:

Not a bad mix this, sound quality is good too

http://soundcloud.com/everybodywantstob … hn-digweed

Really like the tune at 24:30!

Last edited by Ace (Friday Dec 2013 07:45:04)

One of the best openers of 2013 has got to be this beauty on T443 :

Vector Lovers - Patience (Bvdub's Oceans Everlasting) [Soma Records | SOMA359D]

vinyl on sale for £4 at Phonica.

SimonR

Few tracks I recognised in this weeks 92 mix Lots of 91 tracks in there.

Sublime - Sublime    
Youri Donatz - East On Sunset
??????
Hardrive feat L.G. - Sindae
Red Light - Who Needs Enemies
Shafty - Deep Inside
Degrees Of Motion - Do You Want It Right Now
Urban Soul - Always (Sasha Mix)
?????
Blackwood - I Feel You (NY mix)
Chic - Chic Mystique (Brothers In Rhythm Dub)
Shay Jones - When Love Calls (Hurley  Mix)

Last edited by Dermo (Monday May 2014 22:15:48)

Part of the problem

Im quite surprised Diggers used to play stuff like that, always thought he was into the harder stuff, still this was pre Renaissance demo i suppose

Yeh he never played a full set of it like that, as far as I can recall in Mansfield. The odd tune here and there for Ossia, diggers and Sasha.

Like I said earlier this week the US house stuff wasn't my cuppa at all. Used to drive me mad. You cant av it to US house. That's a fact.

Part of the problem

Yeah never really got into that US house sound either, closest i got was Hardrive - Deep inside (The Heavy Weather mix)

That's not US house though is it?  US house and Garage were a fine line for me. Too many really cheesy female vocals. The likes of which diggers mix is chockers with. MAW just went silly with it. 100s of fucking mixes all exactly the same.

Part of the problem

I remember hearing that and going out and buying the 12, only problem was i bought the US version and when i got home i was gutted to find that that mix wasnt on there and the mixes that were were really girly US house mixes, wasnt amused!

Yeh and the amount of crap vinyl double packs I bought with 6 shit US house tracks on, just to get the one decent prog mix.

Part of the problem

Yep, been a few of those as well, always the second mix on the B Side or hidden on Side D of a double pack

Surely if one worked in a record shop one wouldn't have to buy loads of tunes on the off chance a certain mix was on one of the vinyls?

Who mentioned on the off chance?

Part of the problem

Great to see this thread slowly consuming you anyway haha

Part of the problem

Well spotted Mulligan. Big fellow really is being eaten away by this thread as pointed out by chuffer earlier. I think he's struggling to accept he hasn’t got a ten pager in him. Probably because he spends far too much time fluffing young Edward Smallman up and being remarkably unfunny.

Maybe he could start some guaranteed 50 pagers like -

1. What's your favourite batter mix?

2. The Bedrock weekly potato crop report.

Hope that helps.

Not that tired one again Phil, you've not gone on about flaresey smoking weed for a week.

Have you noticed that things are only deemed tired when its not your gig?

Anyhow on topic. I loved this weeks Transitions. smile