Re: Christmas scran

millsy23 wrote:

various ales INCLUDING PUNK IPA YOU CUNTS.

Do yourself a favour, wash the labels off before anyone sees them and serve in an unmarked glass. Try not to wear anything by Superdry whilst consuming. Or ever for that matter.

benson wrote:

When I was an undergrad in Oxford

KLANG!

Boozing all day. Food is for chumpos.

John Digweed has two other brothers called Paul and Ringo

Flaresy - Uneasy Listening Vol.1

Mr Boring wrote:
benson wrote:

KLANG!

Does that qualify as a clang?......besides, he probably meant Brookes

Last edited by chuffer (Friday Dec 2013 11:14:54)

"I am the fucking club" - Flares 19.03.14

Breckie - smoked ocean trout, poached eggs, horseradish yoghurt, capers, rye bread toast.

Lunch - Selection of canapés by Mrs Dermot.  Morton bay bugs and king Prawns.

Dinner - Hunter Valley free range Turkey-  Roasties (olive oil and butter) , Sprouts with pancetta , port wine gravy, home-made bread sauce, parsnips and baby carrots in roast honey.  Sausage meat, pine nut and sage stuffing. Chipolatas in prosciutto.

Hestons hidden Xmas pud and mince pies with Grand Marnier Chantilly cream.

Bottle of Veuve Clicquot Brut and a class Barrosa Tokay with pud.

Part of the problem

Copious amounts of chang for starters.

Iceland prawns on a spoon served by Kerry Katona for mains.

Greasy kebab for me pud,

Dermo wrote:

Morton bay bugs

Had some of these little blighters on a soujourn to NZ some years ago. Tricky to prepare, plenty of work to ensure you don't get dysentry the next day.... but well worth the effort. Lovely grub.

Enjoy those, Dermo.

Cheers mate. Yeh apparently if you ill-prepare them you can die or something haha.

They are ace though. A little xmas treat. Too expensive for normal consumption.

Part of the problem

We got them the night before coming home & all the guests at the 'barbie' were laughing their heads off saying I'd spend 13 hours to LA in the bog on the plane so they must have a rep alright. Nobody put the smokey bacon crisps in the veggie bowl though. loosers.

No issues with the bugs though, very tasty and well worth the prep effort.

Last edited by fadass (Friday Dec 2013 16:33:12)

Yeh defo. We cheat actually. Pay the extra and have them pre-prepared. Lots of stories of severe shittage and alike from under done ones. Some bacteria in there gut or similar.

Part of the problem

Dermo wrote:

Breckie - smoked ocean trout, poached eggs, horseradish yoghurt, capers, rye bread toast.

i'd consider converting to prog for some of that.

Dead easy mate. I'm no culinary expert. We just had it in a cafe and copied it. Smoked salmon is just as good.

Part of the problem

Breakfast - airline food

Lunch - airline food

Dinner - airline food

Jakarta turnaround flight for me arghhh!!

Knackered as usual

I'm sure you'll find time to squeeze the Captains Xmas sausage in.

Part of the problem

? I'm sure you'll find time to write on the Bedrock forum.

Last edited by Ahad Adump (Saturday Dec 2013 01:33:07)

Knackered as usual

Breckie - champers

Xmas fayre - I wanted goose. The crowd coming to ours objected. So, slow roast turkey crown, with boned and stuffed legs. Goose fat tats, sprouts/pancetta/chestnuts combo, roast parsnips, braised red cabbage, pigs in blankets, sausage, sage and onion stuffing, bread sauce, port and giblet gravy.

Afters - some of the crowd have demanded Xmas pudding. I will abstain and wait for...

Cheese - cracking selection from this lot - http://www.rennetandcurd.com/

Particularly lookin forward to the Stichelton, which for the uninitiated is an unpasteurised take on Stilton. Washed down with Sandeman 20yo Tawny.

Why is there such an obsession with food now in this country. When I was a kid it was just your standard fair, turkey and the trimmings; now it's like a competition to see who can out do one another in the bizzare food stakes. I blame it on the proliferation of food programmes on TV and celebrity chefs. The gluttony know no bounds come Christmas, the whole celebration has turned into a mockery of itself, it has become a bloated corporate monster of an affair that has lost any meaning.
The Christmas event is based on the Roman festival, The Solar Victus, which was a pagan festival on the 25th December! If one believes in the bible then Christ was born in the Spring. Not trying to be a Scrooge, just FOOD for thought...

http://penelope.uchicago.edu/~grout/enc … ictus.html

Last edited by Ahad Adump (Saturday Dec 2013 01:54:34)

Knackered as usual

Enjoy your chicken and vegetable medley for one Ahad.

------------
Millsy , you're a board titan and beyond mere platitudes. Your contribution speaks for itself.

niton (Oct 14)

Thanks. I might have the beef this year.

Knackered as usual

Glad to see your not a fan of the old Xmas pud Milsy, cant stand the stuff myself either, this year we are having beef Wellington i believe, i dont really like Turkey myself either so always good to have something different

LOL @ Ahad. 'When we were in the war" 

Fucking hell, the British food stakes have been a fucking shambles for years. Living on the reputation of shite like pies and fish and chips.

You 'blame' world rated chefs for educating a country that has been stuck in the past, 100s of years behind the likes of the French and the Italians and all you can do is moan that its a proliferation of programmes that are geared in educating everyone, encouraging them to eat healthier and to a better standard, to expand their pallets and then call it corporate greed?

If you were alive and remember the 70s and the utterly miserable shit we got served up week in week out without any imagination at all and then you still prefer that, then fuck off.

Fucking wrap up you miserable fucking cunt  and go to a fucking Bernie inn for a steak.

Last edited by Dermo (Saturday Dec 2013 02:54:45)

Part of the problem

Always has to have the last say doesn't he. Merry Christmas to you too Dermo.

Knackered as usual

Well you're a miserable cunt.

Part of the problem

And you're not?

Knackered as usual

chuffer wrote:
Mr Boring wrote:
benson wrote:

KLANG!

Does that qualify as a clang?......besides, he probably meant Brookes

He definitely meant the real uni. Benson's a good lad who should post more often however the fact he's a bright spark has no relevance to the price of port.