Re: Christmas scran

im not a miserable Xmas grumpy cunt thats for sure. Bah humbug, people eating lovely food and getting educated at the same time whilst watching tv.
Bah humbug people having a nice time once a year with their families.

MISERABLE. CUNT

Part of the problem

Presto's dinner right here:

http://metrouk2.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/article-1287995044311-0bbe5fd9000005dc-718175_466x569.jpg

Watching all the Christmas cooking shows I've realised that I cannot fucking stand Nigel Slater.

Who the fuck watches cookery shows? Unless your pulling the head off it to Nigella you should be giving them a massive swerve. Cunt tv.

I love watching foody shows on telly. Apart from Worrell Thompson who looks like he should be teaching Rugger at an 8-11 year old all boys school.

Going to Banares in Mayfair for the best curry I've ever had on Crissy day. Fuck cooking right off.

Port is for bedwetters. I'll be rounding Christmas dinner off with a large glass of Hennessey XO

Kitchen Nightmares is laugh out loud funny because Ramsay is such a head-melting cunt.

The best one was when he took all that crockery-hoarding genuine obsessive compulsive old boss' plates and smashed them in the car park, the guy was on the verge of a nervous breakdown.

草泥马

Ahad Adump wrote:

Why is there such an obsession with food now in this country. When I was a kid it was just your standard fair, turkey and the trimmings; now it's like a competition to see who can out do one another in the bizzare food stakes. I blame it on the proliferation of food programmes on TV and celebrity chefs. The gluttony know no bounds come Christmas, the whole celebration has turned into a mockery of itself, it has become a bloated corporate monster of an affair that has lost any meaning.
The Christmas event is based on the Roman festival, The Solar Victus, which was a pagan festival on the 25th December! If one believes in the bible then Christ was born in the Spring. Not trying to be a Scrooge, just FOOD for thought...

http://penelope.uchicago.edu/~grout/enc … ictus.html

Get over yourself Ahad. Christmas is ace, time off work, load of sport, boozing and pissing about - there doesn't have to be a meaning to Christmas does there?

"If one believes in the bible then Christ was born in the spring" - does anyone, even deluded Christians, give a shit?

Dermo wrote:

im not a miserable Xmas grumpy cunt thats for sure. Bah humbug, people eating lovely food and getting educated at the same time whilst watching tv.
Bah humbug people having a nice time once a year with their families.

MISERABLE. CUNT

I was with you until then, Dermo. lol

But you're not related to Juice Butragueno.

Grant wrote:

time off work, loads of sport, boozing and pissing about

The real smart cookies find a way to do that for the other 364 days as well, numb brain.

John Digweed has two other brothers called Paul and Ringo

Flaresy - Uneasy Listening Vol.1

How come Egg Nog isn't cool anymore? My old boy used to make it and it was tops. What it needs is Nigella to stir one up using her big fat nipples

Last edited by Phil Opian (Saturday Dec 2013 14:53:59)

Now that really is something. I'm going to make a nice cup of tea and ruminate over it whilst I watch Match of the Day. Big fat nipples. Nigella. Oh God.

I think if she made it in one of those shortish glasses she would reach the bottom and probably touch some of the sides.
She would have a line the length of Oxford Street vying to taste it off the end of one.

Just picked up my goose from M&S.  Jesus this thing is fucking massive.

namistai wrote:

Just picked up my goose from M&S.  Jesus this thing is fucking massive.

That and the 11 hours it took to get to Devon today is really making me wish I had stayed in Brighton. Especially as all my other housemates had buggered off too.

Don't forget the 2.75kg rib of beef I cooked yesterday.

Stop it.

(Although my mouth was so dry yesterday all I could process was soup.)

Last edited by Presto (Monday Dec 2013 15:43:46)

Presto wrote:

the 11 hours it took to get to Devon today is really making me wish I had stayed in Brighton.

You say that, but what's the weather like down there? It's absolutely fucking raging here in Sussex. Do allow myself a wry smile at twonks in the Midlands whining about high winds - so cute. Try living a stone's throw from the sea. Don't know how I'll sleep tonight with the apocalypse going on outside my windows, but here goes...

Last edited by flares_and_an_anorak (Monday Dec 2013 17:57:55)

Whipping up some proper Egg Nog today. No SimonR I said Egg Nog you daft racist.

http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/18632/iced+eggnog

Last edited by Dermo (Tuesday Dec 2013 00:29:04)

Part of the problem

Never had egg nog.

You're missing out. The old fella used to make it but warm. This is a take on it.
Fucking great as long as you don't mind mincing round looking all Larry Grayson.

Part of the problem

I can't do more than a glass of the stuff - too clarty.

namistai wrote:

Watching all the Christmas cooking shows I've realised that I cannot fucking stand Nigel Slater.

He is a massive fruit cake.  The way he routinely manages to equate the look and texture of what ever he's cooking to a choir boy's buttocks gives me a bit of the old Savile, if you catch my drift.

Mr Boring wrote:

I can't do more than a glass of the stuff - too clarty.

Yep, two glasses max.

Part of the problem

I was listening to Just a Minute on Radio 4 on my way to Waitrose in the Volvo at the weekend and Slater came on the radio, which probably isn't even a euphamism. I think it was Pam Ayres interviewing him about Christmas food. He was talking about the aromas of Christmas being orange peel and nutmeg, and what he really meant was the smell of shit and poppers. He's a sick, twisted miscreant and he must be stopped.

------------
I am STILL a child of the 80s mix: https://soundcloud.com/themills23/i-am- … of-the-80s