Re: The Wolf Of Wall Street

I loved it from start to finish - wouldn't have wanted it shortened.  Properly entertained and the best film I've seen since Django Unchained - 9/10.  Didn't realise it would be that funny

Grant wrote:

the best film I've seen since Django Unchained

Not hard to leap over a bar set at ankle height, but you're right about WoWW: didn't need shortening and it's bang tidy from bell to bell.

John Digweed has two other brothers called Paul and Ringo

Flaresy - Uneasy Listening Vol.1

Stop being a tit Flares.

I'm not.

Django Unchained is fucking terrible: a benchmark of Tarantino's pretentious, self-reverential shite with one of Hollywood's biggest racists in the title role as, you guessed it, a slave. I hope the casting was ironic, otherwise all concerned should be banished to hell for unrepentant cuntery with no equal. Utterly worthless.

flares_and_an_anorak wrote:

I'm not.

Django Unchained is fucking terrible: a benchmark of Tarantino's pretentious, self-reverential shite with one of Hollywood's biggest racists in the title role as, you guessed it, a slave. I hope the casting was ironic, otherwise all concerned should be banished to hell for unrepentant cuntery with no equal. Utterly worthless.

Can you tell us about MI5 planting bombs please?  That's another worthless opinion.

Loved this, great flick.
Didn't like Django, I thought it was weak and over hyped.

Grant wrote:

That's another worthless opinion.

Aaah, but it is only an opinion, which means I'm entitled to it and you can go sit back in the corner with your dunces hat and packet of soggy custard creams, you tiresome choad.

Last edited by flares_and_an_anorak (Sunday Jan 2014 09:25:18)

Loved it. Jonah Hill jerking it will probably be in my nightmares now though.

More and more stuff keeps coming back to me - When Jonah's talking about his kids and what he would do if they were retarded was fucking hilarious.

Awful control   Broken physics   Horrific AI   Weak voice work   Poor textures.

And that's just Wally on the pull.

Anybody have any idea how much of that was actually true? I mean the shipwreck and stuff like that?

loved it

When I play......no dog barks!!!!

Homegrove wrote:

Anybody have any idea how much of that was actually true? I mean the shipwreck and stuff like that?

The shipwreck story is true.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl … O9o#t=1715

Last edited by Glen (Sunday Jan 2014 15:36:24)

http://antifilmschoolsite.files.wordpress.com/2013/12/the-wolf-of-wall-street.jpg

all that Lupe pills or whatever name is a real story ?¿

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

Yep

I read the book, and the movie is actually toned down from what was written. This guy's life was so incredibly out of control.

and was what ?¿

Im just a man of flowers but i would like to know wtf they are talking

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

I'm not.

great performances from DiCaprio and Foxx imo - however the story was not as polished as say (the more recent) Basterds for example

i was expecting a little more but was not disappointed

shaunstrudwick wrote:

I'm not.

great performances from DiCaprio and Foxx imo - however the story was not as polished as say (the more recent) Basterds for example

i was expecting a little more but was not disappointed

Wasnt Basterds released before Django?

MattBlack wrote:

Wasnt Basterds released before Django?

recent compared to Pulp Fiction, Kill Bill etc - as stylistically those earlier ones were different imo

Stop it Shaun. You're in disgrace: you were caught repeating yourself over in the footy thread. Go over there and delete one of the posts and make a full apology to everyone on this board. NOW!

Keep it FLAC. Say NO to variable bit rates.

Marty won't be happy with Strudders vote of approval.

Henry Rindhoops wrote:

Stop it Shaun. You're in disgrace: you were caught repeating yourself over in the footy thread. Go over there and delete one of the posts and make a full apology to everyone on this board. NOW!

thanks for the heads up Henry - have amended post

No apology?

Keep it FLAC. Say NO to variable bit rates.

Big Fella wrote:

Marty won't be happy with Strudders vote of approval.

not seen it yet BF - but does look like my cup of tea