Topic: Bedrock Festive Mix Swap - The Mixes...

So, I've been enjoying the mix that Millsy23 sent me last week and, truth be told, it's too good to keep to myself and he's been kind enough to agree that I could share it so here it is...

http://soundcloud.com/smashdad/millsy23 … 13-bedrock

01. Kiki, Siopis - Smoke Signals (SIOPIS Remix)
02. Ruede Hagelstein – Detuned
03. Jay Tripwire – Treat him like (dub)
04. Ron Flatter - Mantequilla (RWAC mix)
05. Eric Lemuet – Welding
06. Cliff Lothar – Ringleader
07. Piemont – Okinawa (Gabriel Ananda mix)
08. Sascha Braemer – Yeahh
09. Park Hill – Island (Spieltape mix)
10. Stephan Z – No words
11. Manuel De La Mare, Luigi Rocca – Gipsy sun and rainbows (B side)
12. Dirt Crew - Get Raw (Baumel & Dos Santos Threesixty Remix)
13. Ame - Den RÃ¥tta feat. Vulkano (Original Mix)
14. Knut S – Henri
15. Gunjah – Howard
16. Sharam Jey, Jean Claude Ades – Happy Mondays
17. Oliver Huntemann – Schatten
18. Pixelife – The doctor is out
19. Pulshar – So tired

Some cracking tunes, really nicely put together - great flow and smooth as you like.  smile

Re: Bedrock Festive Mix Swap - The Mixes...

listening now

love the santa pic smile

edit - an hour in so far - WOW - excellent mix indeed.

Last edited by jamie (Monday Dec 2013 12:59:00)

one eyed chelsea cunt

Re: Bedrock Festive Mix Swap - The Mixes...

Cheers Jamie. Glad you like it. Went back to my prog roots with this one.

Cheers to Kev for hosting.

c310 dance music CDs in his collection (Apr 2014)

Re: Bedrock Festive Mix Swap - The Mixes...

I shall give this a whirl tomorrow.

Look forward to it.

Re: Bedrock Festive Mix Swap - The Mixes...

Thats a tasty little 2 hours mix u got there bud had this on this morn
And realy enjoyed it great stuff

Re: Bedrock Festive Mix Swap - The Mixes...

Great Mix that!! Anyone else willing to share from the xmas swop bonanza???

5/4 to 7/4 2014, the weekend the bedrock music died

Re: Bedrock Festive Mix Swap - The Mixes...

BedRob wrote:

Great Mix that!! Anyone else willing to share from the xmas swop bonanza???

No problem, here's mine...

https://soundcloud.com/jp-sykes/futurep … -mix-by-jp

Done for the Bedrock board's festive mix swap, recorded live on New Years Eve. A sample from a great film, some tunes that have been floating my boat recently, and a classic to finish the year off in style... Hope you enjoy, and Happy New Year!

1. "Made of Stone (Intro)"
2. "G Platz (Neil Quigley remix)" – Nick Muir
3. "Crossing borders" – Booka Shade feat. Fritz Kalkbrenner
4. "Voices" – Hufshlag & Braun
5. "Definition" – Piemont
6. "We don't give up the boyz" – Hufshlag & Braun
7. "Den RÃ¥tta" – Ame feat. Vulkano
8. "Perfect time" – Booka Shade
9. "Tatischeff" – Ame
10. "Rotation" – Marcelo Vasami
11. "Chateau Rouge" – Booka Shade
12. "Level 7 (Dixon remix)" – Matthew Jonson
13. "Out of nowhere" – Japanese Popstars
14. "Apollo vibes (Young American Primitive Spacecraft Communicator remix)" – Pole Folder

LATEST MIXES FOR D/LOAD:
http://soundcloud.com/jp-sykes

Re: Bedrock Festive Mix Swap - The Mixes...

Millsy yours is fucking class mate, nice one.

JP Van Flash I will get onto yours this evening mate, hope you and the family had a good festive break.

H

Re: Bedrock Festive Mix Swap - The Mixes...

Hodgy wrote:

Millsy yours is fucking class mate, nice one.

JP Van Flash I will get onto yours this evening mate, hope you and the family had a good festive break.

H

Cheers 'odgefather, all good thanks mate. Hope you and yours had a good one

LATEST MIXES FOR D/LOAD:
http://soundcloud.com/jp-sykes

Re: Bedrock Festive Mix Swap - The Mixes...

Cheers for the kind words chaps. Just listening to Smashdad's for the first time. True to form it's pure, eclectic brilliance that has had my head nodding like a mad man. He should drink port more often, basically.

c310 dance music CDs in his collection (Apr 2014)

Re: Bedrock Festive Mix Swap - The Mixes...

millsy23 wrote:

He should drink port more often, basically.

No, he shouldn't.  Cost me a fortune in beer the following day to make me feel human again...

Anyhow, glad you thought the mix holds together - I really wasn't too sure what I was doing on Wednesday morning.  Enough of this bollocks however, my mix for Millsy is now up on SoundCloud...

http://soundcloud.com/smashdad/ks-bedro … ix-swap-01

01 Rhythm Masters - The Rush
02 S-Express - Theme From Funky Killer
03 The Fatback Band - Let The Drums Speak (Alkalino Edit)
04 Edit Service 8 - It's A Fine Line
05 Nitro Deluxe - Let's Get Brutal
06 Paninaro - Wildstyle Groove (LuvDup's Homey & A Handbag Mix)
07 Liquid Liquid - Cavern
08 Serious Intention - Serious
09 Aleem - Release Yourself
10 Man Parrish - Hip Hop Be Bop
11 New Order - True Faith (Fingerman's Quick Fix Edit)
12 A Guy Called Gerald - Voodoo Ray
13 Cultural Vibe - Ma Foom Bey (Love Chant Version)
14 Moby - Drug Fits The Face
15 Raze - Break 4 Love
16 Skelf - I Can't Comprehend
17 Jimpster - Seventh Wave (Dirt Crew Rework)
18 Old Skool Junkies - Come Inside
19 Night Plane - Str8 2 Ur Heart
20 Rythim Is Rythim - It Is What It Is
21 Bjork - Dull Flame Of Desire (Modeselektor Remix For Girls)
22 Telepopmusik - Breathe (Markus Schulz Club Mix)
23 Fleemac Wood - Go Your Own Way (Mojo Filter Grand Vocal Dub)

smile

Last edited by smashdad (Friday Jan 2014 10:21:15)

Re: Bedrock Festive Mix Swap - The Mixes...

i am thrilled to present zackster's 2014 down beat winter beat down. feast your ears on this 85 minute ambient, dub detroit, techno odyssey. mixed with 2 shitty ass stanton turntables, an equally beat numark something or other, and ableton live. bpms range from 120ish to the mid 80s. track list and link below.

https://soundcloud.com/zacharymatthews/ … t-down-mix
tl:
reload; le soleil et la mer
gescom; cicada
plastikman; okx
spinnet; galene
DSCRD; interitum
surgeon; force + form (mick harris remake)
madteo; untitled 2
tm404; 202/202/303/303/606
ivvvo; occult
todd terje; snooze 4 love (version)
voices from the lake; meyku
pete namlook and richie hawtin; homeward bound
ben zonneveld; liberation through hearing
sqvid; emprisoning sound on a piece of wax
the giant's warning
fishermen; the four skulls
k. alexi shelby; all for lee-sah

Re: Bedrock Festive Mix Swap - The Mixes...

Got round to listening to these last night.Both Millsy and J.P's are excellent.Well done chaps, enjoyed both mixes both with some cracking tunes and well put together.On to Smash's and zackster's this morning.
Great idea this.Gonna get my arse in gear this year and learn to mix properly and put one out.

Re: Bedrock Festive Mix Swap - The Mixes...

Think Mr Rossi's topped himself having listened to Zackster's.

Re: Bedrock Festive Mix Swap - The Mixes...

Been listening to Zack's again today on my travels. It's fucking mint.

In fact, I'm going to PM him right now and say, 'Your mix, it's fucking mint'.

Mine's almost in the bag, going to upload tomorrow I think...

"You fucking tit" - La Nausee

Flaresy - Uneasy Listening Vol.1

Re: Bedrock Festive Mix Swap - The Mixes...

smashdad wrote:

So, I've been enjoying the mix that Millsy23 sent me last week and, truth be told, it's too good to keep to myself and he's been kind enough to agree that I could share it so here it is...

http://soundcloud.com/smashdad/millsy23 … 13-bedrock

01. Kiki, Siopis - Smoke Signals (SIOPIS Remix)
02. Ruede Hagelstein – Detuned
03. Jay Tripwire – Treat him like (dub)
04. Ron Flatter - Mantequilla (RWAC mix)
05. Eric Lemuet – Welding
06. Cliff Lothar – Ringleader
07. Piemont – Okinawa (Gabriel Ananda mix)
08. Sascha Braemer – Yeahh
09. Park Hill – Island (Spieltape mix)
10. Stephan Z – No words
11. Manuel De La Mare, Luigi Rocca – Gipsy sun and rainbows (B side)
12. Dirt Crew - Get Raw (Baumel & Dos Santos Threesixty Remix)
13. Ame - Den RÃ¥tta feat. Vulkano (Original Mix)
14. Knut S – Henri
15. Gunjah – Howard
16. Sharam Jey, Jean Claude Ades – Happy Mondays
17. Oliver Huntemann – Schatten
18. Pixelife – The doctor is out
19. Pulshar – So tired

Some cracking tunes, really nicely put together - great flow and smooth as you like.  smile

Top mix, at around 1hr30 there's a track that reminds me of the theme tune from the Clothes Show (anyone remember that piece of shit from the 80's, sunday tea-time-ish?)

Last edited by chuffer (Tuesday Jan 2014 09:47:35)

"I am the fucking club" - Flares 19.03.14

Re: Bedrock Festive Mix Swap - The Mixes...

there's a track that reminds me of the theme tune from the Clothes Show

Gunjah – Howard

I picked it up because it reminded me of Geoff Banks. *swoon*

c310 dance music CDs in his collection (Apr 2014)

Re: Bedrock Festive Mix Swap - The Mixes...

millsy23 wrote:

there's a track that reminds me of the theme tune from the Clothes Show

Gunjah – Howard

I picked it up because it reminded me of Geoff Banks. *swoon*

Ah.... the theme tune that brought dread in to my life as it meant it wasn't long until school the next day.

The Pet Shop Boys did the theme tune, didn't they? Sounded very much like them if not.

Re: Bedrock Festive Mix Swap - The Mixes...

Presto wrote:

Ah.... the theme tune that brought dread in to my life as it meant it wasn't long until school the next day.

lol, the very same

"I am the fucking club" - Flares 19.03.14

Re: Bedrock Festive Mix Swap - The Mixes...

zackster wrote:

i am thrilled to present zackster's 2014 down beat winter beat down. feast your ears on this 85 minute ambient, dub detroit, techno odyssey. mixed with 2 shitty ass stanton turntables, an equally beat numark something or other, and ableton live. bpms range from 120ish to the mid 80s. track list and link below.

https://soundcloud.com/zacharymatthews/ … t-down-mix
tl:
reload; le soleil et la mer
gescom; cicada
plastikman; okx
spinnet; galene
DSCRD; interitum
surgeon; force + form (mick harris remake)
madteo; untitled 2
tm404; 202/202/303/303/606
ivvvo; occult
todd terje; snooze 4 love (version)
voices from the lake; meyku
pete namlook and richie hawtin; homeward bound
ben zonneveld; liberation through hearing
sqvid; emprisoning sound on a piece of wax
the giant's warning
fishermen; the four skulls
k. alexi shelby; all for lee-sah

Thanks for that zackster - top fucking quality - very enjoyable

Re: Bedrock Festive Mix Swap - The Mixes...

zackster wrote:

reload; le soleil et la mer

lovely opener

edit...lovely throughout actually, best xmas mix I've heard yet

Last edited by chuffer (Wednesday Jan 2014 09:20:34)

"I am the fucking club" - Flares 19.03.14

Re: Bedrock Festive Mix Swap - The Mixes...

my mix is getting out of hand - keep thinking of more tracks to add...

kibble, kibble, who's got the kibble

latest mix (edit): https://soundcloud.com/shaunstrudwick/b … -never-mix
latest mix (full): http://mixswap.betfailproject.com/m/Bet … er-Mix.mp3

Re: Bedrock Festive Mix Swap - The Mixes...

ok playlist trimmed to 4 hrs (unmixed)

gonna get this bad boy recorded over the weekend

kibble, kibble, who's got the kibble

latest mix (edit): https://soundcloud.com/shaunstrudwick/b … -never-mix
latest mix (full): http://mixswap.betfailproject.com/m/Bet … er-Mix.mp3

Re: Bedrock Festive Mix Swap - The Mixes...

chuffer wrote:
zackster wrote:

reload; le soleil et la mer

lovely opener

edit...lovely throughout actually, best xmas mix I've heard yet

Can't disagree with that.

Re: Bedrock Festive Mix Swap - The Mixes...

Lads I have to say the quality thus far has been very good indeed.  Been going through in order of posting...
Millsy already blown smoke up your poopa, ace mix
Japes I've now listened to all of yours fella and it's probably your best set in terms of programming that you've done (I dug out an old biotech mix of yours last year.... You've come a fair way since those CDs!)
Smash - only a third through yours but it's right up my street, great track selection... Mix into wildstyle groove is fucking LUSH.  the rest of it will be on the car today and hope to finish it.

Then I'll be on to Zacksters where I have to say the tracklist looks very interesting... Looking forward to it.

Good work gents