Re: Predicament

I'm going to fly in the face of public opinion and say stay home. Going on a foreign bender with your mates right before the most important moment of her life (and yours, if you've got any sense), could be a critical error with long term consequences. If it's your first you should be all over this - nothing is too much trouble for her, every moment is precious etc. There's major brownie points available here and trust me, the mates and beer aren't going anywhere in a hurry. Do the right thing and be there for the mother of your (impending) child.

John Digweed has two other brothers called Paul and Ringo

Flaresy - Uneasy Listening Vol.1

joeyp wrote:

Look, the lads have said im a complete pussy for even entertaining the idea of not going.

Family and the missis have said the same

so your missus agrees that you're a pussy for entertaining the idea of not going?

"I am the fucking club" - Flares 19.03.14

It's not right before though is it flarsey? four weeks, probably five - I'd love to see what kind of bender it would take to need five weeks to get yourself right. Ed, any ideas?

On the other hand, your other half is probably more pissed at the idea of you going out and having fun while shes' had to give up partying and booze for you and the little 'un. Bit selfish to be doing it when you look at that - maybe a "there's always next time" attitude is what's needed

Awful control   Broken physics   Horrific AI   Weak voice work   Poor textures.

And that's just Wally on the pull.

joeyp wrote:

New poster, be kind.

I have no one to seek advice from on the below matter other than people whom I have never met before on the internet...

Issue..

Good mates stag in Dusseldorf 4 weeks before the missis is due with our first.

All hell is breaking loose at the moment.

Am I well off side for going and getting on it for 2 days?

i was in a similar situation a few years back... i went, thought all was fine, got it thrown in my face a few weeks later.

do what you gotta do

if baby arrives when you're away you'll never live it down hmm

Exactly. Seriously Wally, in a woman's mind a month to go is practically ready to drop. Her hormones will be going spazzo and she's just about to embark on the emotional version of the Olympic 100m final. She needs you buddy.

John Digweed has two other brothers called Paul and Ringo

Flaresy - Uneasy Listening Vol.1

In All seriousness ,Ive done some things over the years that I am truly fucking ashamed of thru chasing pleasure in all its mannifestaions .

on me third wife now mate.
you'll know deep down the right thing to do. Im 45 now and still learning the ways of relationships.

Last edited by EDWARDTHECONFESSOR (Friday Jan 2014 13:57:31)

There's something wrong with me chemically Something wrong with me inherently,The wrong MIX In the wrong genes, I reached the wrong ends By the wrong means, It was the wrong plan In the wrong hands,The wrong theory for the wrong man,The wrong eyes On the wrong prize,
The wrong questions with the wrong replies. Wrong.

joeyp wrote:

New poster, be kind.

I have no one to seek advice from on the below matter other than people whom I have never met before on the internet...

Issue..

i was in Brisbane on the thursday before mine was born monday am. i made it back to montreal with time to spare.

gwan already

Any girl that can't distinguish between her grandmother and a wolf is either as dense as teak or comes from a really ugly family

Make sure you make a fucking big deal about not going to the stag

Last edited by Squidgy (Friday Jan 2014 14:15:03)

if you miss the birth of your first born you'll be kicking yourself for the rest of your life

Last edited by erik.b (Friday Jan 2014 14:11:18)

flares_and_an_anorak wrote:

I'm going to fly in the face of public opinion and say stay home. Going on a foreign bender with your mates right before the most important moment of her life (and yours, if you've got any sense), could be a critical error with long term consequences. If it's your first you should be all over this - nothing is too much trouble for her, every moment is precious etc. There's major brownie points available here and trust me, the mates and beer aren't going anywhere in a hurry. Do the right thing and be there for the mother of your (impending) child.

On the other hand...
- the stag is FOUR weeks before the due date
- four weeks isn't 'right before the most important moment of her life', and
- I'd be suggesting to her that there'll be times later this year when she'll want to get away for a few hours/a day/overnight and you'll be the one looking after bambino to ensure that she can do that

... but then again you haven't said how good a mate this 'good mate' is.  I've got 'good mates' who I wouldn't mind having a beer with and then I've got a handful of proper mates who, if they wanted me at their stag, I simply wouldn't let down.

A decent Doris would keep this in perspective and respect your decision.  A decent groom and his mates would do exactly the fucking same.

Load of fucking fuss about nothing.

Do keep us posted on developments though...

Last edited by smashdad (Friday Jan 2014 14:55:11)

know a guy who's daughter recently arrived 5 weeks early.

I'm with Flares on this one - not worth the aggro. Plan a trip with your mate another time and get some brownie points - you'll need them when the kid comes along.

Last edited by jamie (Friday Jan 2014 15:12:48)

smashdad wrote:

- the stag is FOUR weeks before the due date

...this.

Possible it could arrive this early, but unlikely..

soundcloud.com/unbroken1

I don't know anyone who's kid arrived early..........ours were both 2 weeks overdue and all our friend's were 1-2 weeks over.......that gives you 6 clear weeks wink

"I am the fucking club" - Flares 19.03.14

..yup, first one much more likely to be late than early

soundcloud.com/unbroken1

Dusseldorf ? Stag do? There's your problem.

If she's the sort of Doris who's going to piss and moan the entire time you're away you'll never enjoy yourself anyway.... And you're not going to ignore your phone whilst away because she will send out a reconnaisance, search and return team headed up by her old man to come and find you. 

If something happens ( and I do mean anything, like her spilling a tin of beans whilst making dinner when you were away and how she couldn't cope because you weren't there) then you're fucked in my opinion... You will never hear the end of it.

Go.

Bin your phone at the airport.

Don't go.

Let's do this the right way.

Let's say the mean gestation period is 281 days, with a standard deviation of 13 days (ref below). You say your stag-do is 30 days before the due date, and let's say you'll definitely be back 27 days before she's due. That puts the likelihood of having the child before you get back at 2.08 standard deviations away from the mean. This means there is about a 2% (p = 0.018763) chance of her having that child before you return.

Tell her to fuck off.

Bergsjø P, Denman D 3rd, Hoffman HJ, Meirik O. (1990). "Duration of human singleton pregnancy. A population-based study.". Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand: 197–207.

Even Zackster wouldn't chart this bollix.

I agree with all the other lads, he should definitely leave her.

Slabs - liking your work! That 2% comes down further if she's a non-smoker and if it is genuinely her first child.

joeyp wrote:

New poster, be kind.

Issue..

Are you absolutely 100% sure its yours?

Part of the problem

Go and don't ever come back.

divorce her...bang out of order for demanding you dont go

smallman1 wrote:

Go and don't ever come back.

just lol.

There's something wrong with me chemically Something wrong with me inherently,The wrong MIX In the wrong genes, I reached the wrong ends By the wrong means, It was the wrong plan In the wrong hands,The wrong theory for the wrong man,The wrong eyes On the wrong prize,
The wrong questions with the wrong replies. Wrong.

Ed's all like

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/4f/4f55342fc8bfa0d93d35a8619cd683423457882e5e5d85867b31ef6acc92852d.jpg

Homegrove wrote:

Ed's all like

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/4f/4f55342fc8bfa0d93d35a8619cd683423457882e5e5d85867b31ef6acc92852d.jpg

I'd've left it at Ed's effort to be honest...

Tricky situation. Fake your own death, go to the stag. Get some inside information for when the labour starts, reappear (preferably with a "ta-da!") and the misses will be so pleased to see you all should be forgiven. If she has a bit of a funny reaction, just tell the medical staff that her psychotherapist warned that this might happen and check if they have given her any medication yet. You, the misses and whoever's child you raise will be laughing about this incident for years to come. Good luck.