Topic: 1st day back at work.

Grim. Hit me about 12pm.

Good job I've got 10 days in Perth from Friday.

Part of the problem

Re: 1st day back at work.

Standing in the shower at 5.30am, the wind howling outside.  Couldnt even manage my normal power wank. FML

------------
I am STILL a child of the 80s mix: https://soundcloud.com/themills23/i-am- … of-the-80s

Serious. I've already got severe alchohol withdrawl symptoms. Feel like I'm proper cold Turkeying.

Part of the problem

today was struggle. However to cheer myself up I booked my flight to Miami for WMC in March, seemed the only sensible thing to do.

Not feeling it so much as i've been working all over the Chistmas and new year period anyway.

Got a 4 day week this week and next week though which helps make things a little more palatable.

What's more depressing for me is the fucking weather.  Golf course closed all weekend.

Also goner book myself a week in Dubai to get away from it all.  Why not.

Last edited by Yant (Monday Jan 2014 02:31:56)

...shite sad Superbly long break made it that much harder.

Packed lunch of stilton and crackers and hipflask of port to ease the pain

soundcloud.com/unbroken1

Getting fed up with this this fucking awful weather, but then this is Manchester I suppose

I'm back to the grind again tomorrow. I def feel all the pain here. Been off for the pas two weeks. It's going to be rough. Proper depressing.

New York & Croatia this summer is easing the pain

Fuck me if it isn't steely fucking Dan. How the fuck are you?

Part of the problem

I'm good Man. You?

Good mate ta, you had a bit of a sabbatical or what?

Part of the problem

After 16 solid days off, ironing my work clothes last night made me physically want to be sick.

Snap.   

The day is being made slightly more palatable by the tesco carrier bag full of glue hidden under my desk.

mr day wrote:

After 16 solid days off, ironing my work clothes last night made me physically want to be sick.

Next year Christmas treat yourself and get the dry cleaners to do it for you. Better still hire a ropey Eastern Europe bird called Eva to come round your gaff to do it. Then criticise the quality of her work.

a full 2 weeks off and back in work sad

might as well still be in bed as can't get a grip on what objectives need to be covered off today

*edit*

objectives finalised: got a meeting @ 3 then i'm going home

check out my hearthis.at page

living la vida Strudders

Dermo wrote:

Good mate ta, you had a bit of a sabbatical or what?

Good stuff....yeah kind of.  I went to the Christmas ALFOS party. Highly recommend that one mate.

I do love the first week back after Christmas. Dozens of panicked emails to see if I have 'actioned' an email that was sent on Christmas Day.

------------
I am STILL a child of the 80s mix: https://soundcloud.com/themills23/i-am- … of-the-80s

mr day wrote:

Get a grip of yourself, that's someone else's job

Grant wrote:
mr day wrote:

Get a grip of yourself, that's someone else's job

Maybe it should be mr gay.

Over Christmas I decided I was going to quit my job, however I haven't yet summoned the nerve to actually do it.

namistai wrote:

Over Christmas I decided I was going to quit my job, however I haven't yet summoned the nerve to actually do it.

The sooner you do it the better you'll feel. Make sure you burn all bridges so that you can never go back.

namistai wrote:

Awesome. I'll come round and we can play FIFA all day. Might as well enjoy the last 6 months or so of student life whilst I have it.

Presto wrote:
namistai wrote:

Awesome. I'll come round and we can play FIFA all day. Might as well enjoy the last 6 months or so of student life whilst I have it.

Yeah even if I did quit my job you know there's literally no way I'd be able to get that one past the wife!

Always nice to start your day with both the Northern and Victoria lines closed due to overcrowding / someone throwing themselves under a tube.

On the upside there's only 51 more Mondays left this year.