Topic: FAO the Derminator

Dermo, that Hot since 82 track The End reminds me so much of a track Sasha used to play in the early 90's, it had a similar breakdown and am racking my brains as to what it's called. I know where the sample comes from and the other track that used it "Reflekt - Need to feel love" but I just can't remember the other tracks, as you were a bit of an expert on him back then I wondered if you might have an idea

Re: FAO the Derminator

Hmmm let me have a proper listen do you mean the edit by Richie G or the orig?

JFT 39

Original

Yeh I do remember it. I was actually thinking about it when I first heard it too. We arent talking old old I don't think. For some reason i'm thinking 93-96.

JFT 39

Which part exactly? theres lots of shit going on. I'm thinking it was a Moby remix now.

JFT 39

I think there is a Moby sample (porcelain) in there somewhere but yeah the track I'm thinking of us from around that time

marvellous tune

c310 dance music CDs in his collection (Apr 2014)

Innit. Instant classic kind of tune. Not sure if its just because it used loads of top tune samples though.

JFT 39

MattBlack wrote:

I think there is a Moby sample (porcelain) in there somewhere but yeah the track I'm thinking of us from around that time

What time on the track are you on about?

JFT 39

The main breakdown

yeh there's about three or four samples of tracks in that. The main one is Reflect a bit of Moby and two others. Was wondering which part exactly you meant.

JFT 39

Dermo wrote:

Innit. Instant classic kind of tune. Not sure if its just because it used loads of top tune samples though.

Yeah, probably. The cinematic breakdown and vocal are straight out of 'prog house 101'. More music like this please.

c310 dance music CDs in his collection (Apr 2014)

yeh defo, I don't get why and where the old prog sound totally died when tracks like this can still be made.

JFT 39

It's the breakdown as a whole, I seem to remember Sasha playing a track with a similar breakdown with the pads and an ethereal female vocal, btw the main string sample is from a Thomas Newman composition

Yes you're right, it is. From about 5 odd years ago.

JFT 39

T-Empo -  The Blue Room

sonic wrote:

T-Empo -  The Blue Room

saturday night night is shining - into sunday morning

that one?

kibble, kibble, who's got the kibble

latest mix (edit): https://soundcloud.com/shaunstrudwick/b … -never-mix
latest mix (full): http://mixswap.betfailproject.com/m/Bet … er-Mix.mp3

Yeah that's the one.....?

Or The Blue Room as it's also called

sonic wrote:

I think they are completely different tracks?

Last edited by jamie (Monday Jan 2014 09:34:31)

one eyed chelsea cunt

sonic wrote:

Blue room sampled the brothers in rythm mix of new orders 'world'.

Next High-Soul Society@Star of Bethnal Green http://www.starofbethnalgreen.com
April 11th > march's effort http://m.mixcloud.com/danieloliver72/march-2014/

Thanks Jamie yes it is indeed. My sarcasm clearly didn't translate very well.

T-Empo - The Blue Room is the track that the Hot Since 82 track reminds me of. Female vocal comes in with the piano in the second half of the track. Would be circa 96?

they do sound similar though.

I am trying to remember another track it sounds like from around the mid to late 90's that Sasha used to play - I can remember the record sleeve but I'm fucked if I can remember the name - it had a long drawn out intro if I remember (LOL - like so many other records back then) and was a bitch to mix - just strings and no beats or percussion and then the bassline kicked in.

I think it was by something like Redemption or something like that?

Last edited by jamie (Monday Jan 2014 09:47:42)

one eyed chelsea cunt

^^ I was thinking of Origin - Refined Intricacy which is in fact nothing like this track.

Will have another headscratch and see if I can find the track it reminds me of.

one eyed chelsea cunt

Crescendo?

"You fucking tit" - La Nausee

Flaresy - Uneasy Listening Vol.1

flares_and_an_anorak wrote:

Crescendo?

No, definitely not that one, ill check out Blue room but I'm sure the track I'm thinking of was before that