Topic: Essential Mix - Kolsch

Anyone else catch this?  Not the worst EM i've ever heard.  Quite enjoyable but not on the same level as the Gerber / Dixon efforts.

Re: Essential Mix - Kolsch

Listened to it yesterday. Was OK but was hoping for more of his unreleased stuff to whet the appetite. The mix from Photek into Ame was absolutely fantastic though.

c310 dance music CDs in his collection (Apr 2014)

millsy23 wrote:

Listened to it yesterday. Was OK but was hoping for more of his unreleased stuff to whet the appetite. The mix from Photek into Ame was absolutely fantastic though.

Yep. I noticed a couple of old tracks in there too.  Mine To Give being one that stood out.

Retro is the new upfront lads. Get digging in those dusty crates.

"You fucking tit" - La Nausee

Flaresy - Uneasy Listening Vol.1

Modern dance music is rubbish? Who knew!

i loved it

A very enjoyable listen.

just had a quick listen, nice stuff.

listened to the first hour - liking the vocal tracks.

one eyed chelsea cunt

flares_and_an_anorak wrote:

Guy J going with a Driving To Heaven acapella on his latest mix too.

I'm glad someone posted about this. Some bloody fantastic tunes, nice mixing in parts but at times felt slammed together. The Ame track needed room to breath really. Robert Owens singing over it was a bit much for me. The Orchestral version of Oxia is immense though and blew me away.

The future ain't what it used to be.

Is the Essential Mix still largely ruined by Pete Tong spouting drivel and other sh*te throughout?

Yant wrote:
flares_and_an_anorak wrote:

Guy J going with a Driving To Heaven acapella on his latest mix too.

Doesn't surprise me at all.  If you listen to driving to heaven then go and listen to guy j's remix of echomen's "perpetual" (which he used on the balance mix) there isn't a huge difference in the arrangement at all. Maybe driving to heaven was "the inspiration" for Mr J