Topic: BBC Sport.BDO DARTS

look im a traditionalist, and i look back  misty eyed through the halcyon days of leighton  reece,stephan lord,alan glazier,tony brown , jockey wilson,bob anderson,big dave whitcombe etc

what is the point of the BDO ?? the standard in comparison to the PDC Is dire.

Martin wolfie adams and tony silverback o'shea plodding along in the small pool of fish . scotty 'to hotty' waites is perhaps the only participant in the bdo who might break in the pdc top 20.

an analogue body in a digital age.pointless.

we have Colin murray and bobby george under strict instructions never to mention the the 'other side' yet it is the white elephant in the room casting its shadow over every transmission.

While practically wanking off ,pulling curtains down and being sick into the 'skol' ashtrays with excitement if some one hits a 43 check out.

bobby's son , richie ,actually qualified for the semi finals last year, despite picking up darts only a couple of years ago.

any bdo champion who crosses to the pdc is cannon fodder, ie jelle klarson,mervin king,mark webster.

the only exception to this is barney barneveld.

The BBC have lost all sport that the working class male loves to watch, and their attempt to placate this audience is this sham which takes up 7 days at the start of january every year.

no boxing, no live football(except fa cup),no rugby except rugby league challenge cup, no rugby union except the 5 nations , and then not of all englands games.and of course as far as cricket is concerned the bbc dosent know it exists in visual format.

Still we do have tennis(on about 5 different red buttons for wimbledon,wall to wall coverage of any fucking athletic event, coverage usually provided by a   homosexual/lesbian sex dwarf Inca,or if possible, a blend of all 4 'qualitys'

snooker ,which no cunt has watched since higgins and white became senile and/or dead.

ahh, but we do have womans football, which these aytatollahs of leftie sport ram down our throats.

live coverage of internationals and league coverage coming soon, oh fucking joy..oh to see football played at 4mph with these atrophied  clit  mongers screeching  at the 'goalkeeper' who has let another goal in from 200 yards.

all this played out in front of schoolchildren and arthur fowler types who have allotments and used to go down the orient before the hooligans "with scarves around their writs and smelling of brut" chased them off in 1971.

They even announce womens transfer news now on the bbc sport round up, as if anyone gives a flying fuck. "fuck me lads have you heard, claire smith the doncaster bells left back has moved for fuck all money to charlton ladies.
There'll be talking in the clubs and bars up and down the country tonight"

Kirk out.

PS having said all that after Gerry francis/stan bowles/mike brearly ,my sporting hero is Ted Hankey. The sporting moment of all time for ETC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nUpqZwc-ak

bring this back bbc , and show us you care about 'cro magnon man'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_XIzQGR3JY

Last edited by EDWARDTHECONFESSOR (Monday Jan 2014 10:08:04)

"Walk with me through the universe, and along the way see how all of us are connected. Feast the eyes of your soul on the love that abounds, in all places seemingly endless, like your own existence........We are Connected.."

Re: BBC Sport.BDO DARTS

Top rant.

But don't diss the lakeside.

I know, i do have a soft spot for it Mate..

do you remember this cunt a few years ago???..fackin 'ell

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q49xYlgoeCo

"Walk with me through the universe, and along the way see how all of us are connected. Feast the eyes of your soul on the love that abounds, in all places seemingly endless, like your own existence........We are Connected.."

EDWARDTHECONFESSOR wrote:

look im a traditionalist, and i look back  misty eyed through the halcyon days of leighton  reece,stephan lord,alan glazier,tony brown , jockey wilson,bob anderson,big dave whitcombe etc

what is the point of the BDO ?? the standard in comparison to the PDC Is dire.

Martin wolfie adams and tony silverback o'shea plodding along in the small pool of fish . scotty 'to hotty' waites is perhaps the only participant in the bdo who might break in the pdc top 20.

an analogue body in a digital age.pointless.

we have Colin murray and bobby george under strict instructions never to mention the the 'other side' yet it is the white elephant in the room casting its shadow over every transmission.

While practically wanking off ,pulling curtains down and being sick into the 'skol' ashtrays with excitement if some one hits a 43 check out.

bobby's son , richie ,actually qualified for the semi finals last year, despite picking up darts only a couple of years ago.

any bdo champion who crosses to the pdc is cannon fodder, ie jelle klarson,mervin king,mark webster.

The BBC have lost all sport that the working class male loves to watch, and their attempt to placate this audience is this sham which takes up 7 days at the start of january every year.

no boxing, no live football(except fa cup),no rugby except rugby league challenge cup, no rugby union except the 5 nations , and then not of all englands games.and of course as far as cricket is concerned the bbc dosent know it exists in visual format.

Still we do have tennis(on about 5 different red buttons for wimbledon,wall to wall coverage of any fucking athletic event, coverage usually provided by a   homosexual/lesbian sex dwarf Inca,or if possible, a blend of all 4 'qualitys'

snooker ,which no cunt has watched since higgins and white became senile and/or dead.

ahh, but we do have womans football, which these aytatollahs of leftie sport ram down our throats.

live coverage of internationals and league coverage coming soon, oh fucking joy..oh to see football played at 4mph with these atrophied  clit  mongers screeching  at the 'goalkeeper' who has let another goal in from 200 yards.

all this played out in front of schoolchildren and arthur fowler types who have allotments and used to go down the orient before the hooligans "with scarves around their writs and smelling of brut" chased them off in 1971.

They even announce womens transfer news now on the bbc sport round up, as if anyone gives a flying fuck. "fuck me lads have you heard, claire smith the doncaster bells left back has moved for fuck all money to charlton ladies.
There'll be talking in the clubs and bars up and down the country tonight"

Kirk out.

PS having said all that after Gerry francis/stan bowles/mike brearly ,my sporting hero is Ted Hankey. The sporting moment of all time for ETC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nUpqZwc-ak

bring this back bbc , and show us you care about 'cro magnon man'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_XIzQGR3JY

You can practically smell the bitter and fag stained carpets.........

Chicken in a basket

Republik of Saddleworth

Always love the fact that the greatest english sportman of all time is a monster in a caravan.

Love watching the BDO precisely because it's so bad. The odds on the reigning champiuon getting knocked out the following year early on must be so short every year, it seems like any old volunteer can get quite far in it.

That Adams video you posted was quality - 27 darts to finish a 501 game LOL!

This may be true now but certainly wasn't the case back in the mid-noughties. Historically the PDC's top players have come up through the BDO.

Also, in addition to Barney I think John Part has won the World Championship both sides of the divide.

If you like your darts then google youtube for a documentary on the BDO v WDC split. The guy who runs the BDO is a proper  loon.

Council House darts! Watch it in a very different way to the PDC. I just love watching Ted Hankey play for the constant snarl while he is playing. He is so miserable! And the tune he walks on to is just absolute comical genius! Av it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbDTqCOVA1I

I'd also add MVG to the list who successfully crossed over.

Last edited by Justman (Monday Jan 2014 13:19:21)

Justman wrote:

Council House darts!

Great description.

The night before a semi-final a few years back Tony O'Shea went on the lash, had a punch-up with his wife and fell down a flight of stairs. Allegedly.

I don't think the BBC even have live FA cup this year either. Poor show.

Beef Jerky Time!

Steve "The Bronzed Adonis" Beaton.

Proper ledge.

spinnerlg wrote:

I don't think the BBC even have live FA cup this year either. Poor show.

Would you be happy to pay more for your license fee to be able to watch football on the BBC?  Thought not.

Though I guess it would help if everybody paid it in the first place.

Mate, believe it or not, that wasn't the worst leg!.The match was a monday evening at 7pm and only shown via the red button. At one point he was swaying like captain kirk on the bridge of the enterprise under enemy Borg fire.

missing the board and constatly dropping his darts.

I had sky from '95 to '2003, then under principle stopped again till 2012.

However, if your a geezer that loves rugby league,cricket/middlesex/darts/heinken cup and of course football etc etc ,you are, as the robert lindsey advert states,"missing out". i dont go clubbing anymore and have cut the visits to the boozer down,  stopped a heavy cocaine habit and as a result,have become a boring cunt and , like a lemming , i suppose ,shell out the £55 for the sport and movie package. (as well as the tv licence,grant!)

I have massive respect for the history of the BDO, i grew up on it (Alan glazier(the ton machine)and dead ringer for 'boycie' , being my favourite,and the anti christ being alan evans.

Iattended the year that john boy walton and tony david won.I would defend The bdo up until around 2004/5 when you could make a case that the top 8 players would give the pdc a run for their money.

you couldnt possibly do that now. I gave up on it around the time that Gary anderson left, and to a lesser extent stuart kellet and dean winstanley.

the standard this year is dire.To compensate for this early professional rugby union drain to league, they have expanded the invitations to latvia,greece and japan etc etc.

It all has good novelty value but leave it aht ,its the equivalent of fifa's all inclusive qualification policy throwing in Andorra,San Marino and the Fraoe islands.

Have you seen the bdo website?? . the draw/result spreadsheet looks as if it has been thrown together by the village idiot from Ryans daughter.

I will say that the west brothers are quality players with personality , but i havent seen them in this years bdo tournament.

so we have yet again , gary robson,tony eccles,tony o'shea and ,i think steve bunting?. (Daryl fitton had /has talent but refuses to test himself against the pdc to improve his game.

Can you imagine the tournament in 2/3 years time?, i can see it being binned.
hope im wrong..

it will be like losing the fa cup final and all the build up from 11.30 am on both channels, inc meet the players wives, its a knockout (QPR VS sT MIRREN !) and Freddie star in full nazi regalia , oh wait a minute, we already have..

Last edited by EDWARDTHECONFESSOR (Tuesday Jan 2014 01:44:03)

Didn't Leighton Rees or Jockie Wilson used to do about 20 pints of lager during a decent game, ahh the good auld days.

Also remember when the biggest disappointment in sport was Eric's Dartitus, lol a totally made up ailment even a scouser would be proud of.

Big Fella wrote:

Also remember when the biggest disappointment in sport was Eric's Dartitus, lol a totally made up ailment even a scouser would be proud of.

just lol.

Ive been diagnosed bipolor by 3 different doctors ,and even I  think its just a bLAG/ pseudonym 'for stupid cunt who burned the candles at both ends for to fucking long '

Ted Hankey in his, ahem, prime would have given Taylor a run for his money, the most naturally talented and fluent darts player i have seen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHnBppccI0o

the grf reece jones top is as cool as fk in this

Last edited by EDWARDTHECONFESSOR (Tuesday Jan 2014 07:14:43)

Darts arenas attract the poorest, ugliest and stupidest, unfunny cunts in the country.

Part of the problem

Dermo wrote:

Darts arenas attract the poorest, ugliest and stupidest, unfunny cunts in the country.

Of that,i am in no doubt.

The japanese guy last night, lovely bloke,good player brought along his two daughters. very demure,pretty and respectfull....they were sat near some slags from rochdale  pissed out of their tree (on skol!) dressed as the green lantern and radioactive man,

behind them was what looked like two escapees from rampton in full charlie bronson outfit.

they looked shit scared and im sure crying!!!

England,eh!

Cracking night out is the darts.

Love a bit of the darts.  I too was at the Lakeside the year John Boy Walton won. Was rooting for Hankey of course.

If memory serves me right we paid no more than £40 for tickets to all the sessions for Quarter Finals, Semi Finals & Final,
4 days of darts and was a broken man by the end of it.

Had a table adjacent to the 'Battettes'!!!!!

The Wife got me tickets to the Premier League at Brighton Centre in May for Christmas , looking forward to it. Always a good night out mixing it with society's creme de la creme

Chrissy Mason is a nasty cunt though!!

Iattended the year that john boy walton and tony david won.I would defend The bdo up until around 2004/5 when you could make a case that the top 8 players would give the pdc a run for their money.

Guess who's back .......... 'Odgy's back

I used to live about five minutes from the Lakeside. Many a lost day/night in Frimley and Camberley ensued. Halcyon days.

------------
I am STILL a child of the 80s mix: https://soundcloud.com/themills23/i-am- … of-the-80s

Ledge certainly gets over used especially on here, should be reserved for greatness like Sir Phillip Taylor Esquire.

Yeah, that Mason looks a right naughty cahnt, but unfortunately for him his hard man image is somewhat tarnished by his jethro/joe meek accent.

"shanghai miss Dianne".

if you have ever seen Dennis Smith play(pdc) you'll know what i mean when i say he looks as if he catch's sexually abused orphan's tears to gargle with. over sized soverign rings on huge chubby fingers and a lank pony tail plasterd to his spearmint- and- macaroon bar head.

topped off with a groping encircling of his fingers as he addresses the oche.
condoms in his pocket like wounded soldiers, tinted brown..

yep, you sure can tell  a lot  about a gadge by the way he throws his arrows.

Last edited by EDWARDTHECONFESSOR (Tuesday Jan 2014 07:32:16)

Sky Sports had Live Ping Pong on Saturday.....and had their usual Soccer Saturday cretins at York, Ross Co, Wycombe and some other shithole. It was cringefactor ten watching it. Why bother? Just watch the vidi-printer and shoot the breeze with Stelling.

La Nausee wrote:

Sky Sports had Live Ping Pong on Saturday.....and had their usual Soccer Saturday cretins at York, Ross Co, Wycombe and some other shithole. It was cringefactor ten watching it. Why bother? Just watch the vidi-printer and shoot the breeze with Stelling.

100% agree.

find 'merse' a total cnt tho.

Last edited by EDWARDTHECONFESSOR (Wednesday Jan 2014 01:12:31)