Topic: blue monday

http://www.buzzfeed.com/johnnyr6/10-thi … lue-m-arl4

Re: blue monday

Geek talk - Thought the kick was a DMX and the synth was a Moog Source?

Republik of Saddleworth

Re: blue monday

Know it all talk- i did know 8 of those facts.

still hammer 'atmosphere' on the old 1210..just to cheer myself up..




'its hard to be engaging,when the thing you love keeps changing'
@brass neck..the wedding present.

"Walk with me through the universe, and along the way see how all of us are connected. Feast the eyes of your soul on the love that abounds, in all places seemingly endless, like your own existence........We are Connected.."

Re: blue monday

Brassneck is a fantastic tune ETC, nicely pulled.


Blue Monday is my most listened to record ever.

Re: blue monday

9. The band lost money every time a “Blue Monday” single was purchased.

10. New Order decided to use the money from Blue Monday’s success to open up their own nightclub, The Haçienda.

What an abso-fucking-lute load of auld shite...

Re: blue monday

Grant wrote:

Brassneck is a fantastic tune ETC, nicely pulled.


Blue Monday is my most listened to record ever.

Yep, great track,great singer. 'no' off the bizzaro cd is brilliant too.

back to new order. whenever i see them on the box i always think of this clip  around 2mins, and thinking ,welcome to the hug  club bernard me old son. i was about  20 and going down the astoria/wag club a lot.  hook looked so out of place back then

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVqzsVNGM7c

Last edited by EDWARDTHECONFESSOR (Wednesday Jan 2014 09:54:21)

"Walk with me through the universe, and along the way see how all of us are connected. Feast the eyes of your soul on the love that abounds, in all places seemingly endless, like your own existence........We are Connected.."

Re: blue monday

smashdad wrote:

9. The band lost money every time a “Blue Monday” single was purchased.

10. New Order decided to use the money from Blue Monday’s success to open up their own nightclub, The Haçienda.

What an abso-fucking-lute load of auld shite...

quite.....

???*scratches head*

"I am the fucking club" - Flares 19.03.14

Re: blue monday

chuffer wrote:
smashdad wrote:

9. The band lost money every time a “Blue Monday” single was purchased.

10. New Order decided to use the money from Blue Monday’s success to open up their own nightclub, The Haçienda.

What an abso-fucking-lute load of auld shite...

quite.....

???*scratches head*

I always thought that it was sales of New Order that kept the Hacienda open.Did Hook not say that in his autobiography?

Re: blue monday

mr rossi wrote:
chuffer wrote:
smashdad wrote:


What an abso-fucking-lute load of auld shite...

quite.....

???*scratches head*

I always thought that it was sales of New Order that kept the Hacienda open.Did Hook not say that in his autobiography?


thats the story,  hence the big fall out with tony wilson.with bez making the same claims re the happy mondays in his book 'freaky dancing'

"Walk with me through the universe, and along the way see how all of us are connected. Feast the eyes of your soul on the love that abounds, in all places seemingly endless, like your own existence........We are Connected.."

Re: blue monday

We're the Mondays so skint that they were selling the furniture from their recording studio in Jamaica for crack

Re: blue monday

mr rossi wrote:

We're the Mondays so skint that they were selling the furniture from their recording studio in Jamaica for crack

even the drug dealers on the island were concerned for bez and ryders health..they gave em mango and watermelon to take with em to combat the gear.(exta vitaminc).

ryder accidently smashed his methadone at the airport and was a wreck by the time he got to eddy grants mansion/recording studio.

bez broke his arm twice on the holiday and the band finally imploded,all addicted to the wicked lady, sneaking off to get rassed to the tits on their own. hence  the l.p 'yes please!'

in comparison to 'bummed' and 'pills' its an abomination.

according to bez, both he and ryder were 'gone' in the head after a huge charlie session  in this performance with keith allen(on stage) being a peacemaker!.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogSOE-81PCA



saw them when they got back from jamaica , bez still with sling, it was over,gone,finished.

ended up in a free for all with kieth rowland's from dexy's!

Last edited by EDWARDTHECONFESSOR (Wednesday Jan 2014 11:29:56)

"Walk with me through the universe, and along the way see how all of us are connected. Feast the eyes of your soul on the love that abounds, in all places seemingly endless, like your own existence........We are Connected.."

Re: blue monday

They never recovered from being mates with junior Felix.

Re: blue monday

Played WFL at the barrow lands 89 or 90 if my clouded memory serves me right.Probably the best night of my life.

Re: blue monday

mr rossi wrote:

Played WFL at the barrow lands 89 or 90 if my clouded memory serves me right.Probably the best night of my life.

Did you meet your missus there? Lol

Re: blue monday

EDWARDTHECONFESSOR wrote:

in comparison to 'bummed' and 'pills' its an abomination.


Most things of that era are. 'Pills...' is a fucking masterpiece imho. I have a good laugh about Oasis because their chart-bothering pub rock and overblown high street swagger isn't in the same league as the Monday's dark underbelly. Proper Manc music to fight, fuck and take drugs to. I've done all three.

John Digweed has two other brothers called Paul and Ringo

Flaresy - Uneasy Listening Vol.1

Re: blue monday

flares_and_an_anorak wrote:
EDWARDTHECONFESSOR wrote:

in comparison to 'bummed' and 'pills' its an abomination.


Most things of that era are. 'Pills...' is a fucking masterpiece imho. I have a good laugh about Oasis because their chart-bothering pub rock and overblown high street swagger isn't in the same league as the Monday's dark underbelly. Proper Manc music to fight, fuck and take drugs to. I've done all three.

agree.
oaky produced as well .
the stephen wells interview in the NME practically finished them , the band wanted bez out after that full stop.

there was shit around at that time as well. .inspiral carpets ..bleedin 'ell

"Walk with me through the universe, and along the way see how all of us are connected. Feast the eyes of your soul on the love that abounds, in all places seemingly endless, like your own existence........We are Connected.."

Re: blue monday

smashdad wrote:

9. The band lost money every time a “Blue Monday” single was purchased.

10. New Order decided to use the money from Blue Monday’s success to open up their own nightclub, The Haçienda.

What an abso-fucking-lute load of auld shite...

No.9 was only true for the original sleeve (which was a 4 die cut, not a three), all versions after that made money.

No. 10 I believe it was Rob Gretton's idea. Hooky was living in council flat whilst New Order poured millions into The Hacienda, but that wasn't their idea or choice.

I do like Buzzfeed, but they write some bollocks at times.

Re: blue monday

Smallman Snr used to look after Eddie Grant.

Tru fax and a KLANG.