Topic: Film Samples in Prog.

With Reference to the Jondi and spesh Thread answerd by Hodgy,

It got me thinking about other samples from cult movies or otherwise that have been used in techno/prog/trance etc.

these are the ones that came to mind immediately

1. PFI project -'Chose Life'.i remember this on yellow 12" with Renton doing the choose life monologue.

2.CJ Boland -'There can be only one' . The Ramirez/sean connery "through the ages they came"
sample.

3.  DJ  Tomcraft - A track back in about 1999. had the samuel l jackson ,furious anger speech from pulp fiction.sure oaky played it at the end of one of his essential mixes that year.

4. Hedonix -'sunstorm' on just a groove records from 1999. Had the Cyrus speech made in central park to thousands of gangs in the film 'The warriors'

Last edited by EDWARDTHECONFESSOR (Monday Jan 2014 05:06:55)

"Walk with me through the universe, and along the way see how all of us are connected. Feast the eyes of your soul on the love that abounds, in all places seemingly endless, like your own existence........We are Connected.."

Re: Film Samples in Prog.

The Kiefer Sutherland sample on Space Manoeuvers part 3 was a good one

MattBlack wrote:

didnt know that.

love that track..

"Walk with me through the universe, and along the way see how all of us are connected. Feast the eyes of your soul on the love that abounds, in all places seemingly endless, like your own existence........We are Connected.."

EDWARDTHECONFESSOR wrote:
MattBlack wrote:

didnt know that.

love that track..

Think it was from Dark City

The most obvious one I can think of is on Space Manoeuvres - Stage One which had the "Any crew?" sample from the trailer (but not actually in the film) for Event Horizon.

That Samuel L Jackson sample was also used in Fox Force Five by Chris and James

And of course there was the classic Lost Boys sample in Be one of us (Be one of us and you'll never die)

those 2 Rui Da Silva tracks that came out in early 00s

one [grey label in the middle of the vinyl] had the Matrix sample re: red pill blue pill

the other [red label in teh middle of the label] had another quite recognisable one which escapes me now - was this release called 'fire'?

both were good tracks imo

Mississippi Burning

Leftfield - Not Forgotten

Last edited by steelydan (Monday Jan 2014 06:18:28)

MattBlack wrote:

Think it was from Dark City

Yup. Melissa George gets her norks out in that film.

Two from Pappa's Nubreed. Narcotic - Conditions samples True Romance (Val Kilmer playing Elvis) and Odessi - Moments of Space samples Michael Crichton-movie Sphere.

Polefolder's Salvation on Slavery Sins starts with the Dark City bit too.

Wish I was old and a little sentimental.

Wish I was old and a little sentimental.

Midnight on west 27th street which is on Danny Howells' Nu Breed has the call to prayer taken from The Exorcist.

And IIRC the Lee Burridge Nu Breed has a sample from the movie The Frighteners "Patricia Never Leaves The House".

Last edited by Yant (Monday Jan 2014 08:25:01)

"Cabin crew? Negative."

Fcuking love that line.

"In Deep Space...Abandoned"

smallman1 wrote:

"Cabin crew? Negative."

Fcuking love that line.

Uhhhhhhh...

Ubu Pixels took the sample from Johnny Depp in Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

And Sander Kleinenberg Sacred uses Matthew Broderick's "Life moves pretty fast" sample from Ferris Bueller's Day Off

dutchy101 wrote:

Ubu Pixels took the sample from Johnny Depp in Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

And Sander Kleinenberg Sacred uses Matthew Broderick's "Life moves pretty fast" sample from Ferris Bueller's Day Off

"I APPROVE"

Haha. I hoped you would.

smallman1 wrote:

"Cabin crew? Negative."

Fcuking love that line.

Always thought it was "Any crew? Negative."

Any Reg?

Positive.

------------
I am STILL a child of the 80s mix: https://soundcloud.com/themills23/i-am- … of-the-80s

Surely that would be "Affirmative", Millsy?

shaunstrudwick wrote:

those 2 Rui Da Silva tracks that came out in early 00s

one [grey label in the middle of the vinyl] had the Matrix sample re: red pill blue pill

the other [red label in teh middle of the label] had another quite recognisable one which escapes me now - was this release called 'fire'?

both were good tracks imo

*edit* actually i think it was:

fifth element = red label = 5th element sample
FIRE = grey label = matrix sample
earth = blue? label = ? sample

Last edited by shaunstrudwick (Monday Jan 2014 08:17:23)

millsy23 wrote:

Any Reg?

Positive.

fail