Re: Film Samples in Prog.

Grant wrote:

I'm going to embarrass myself here.  I don't even know if it's from a film, but a cracking tune from early 2000s and it had a American female vocal that said something along the lines of "From Florida.... At night they remember nothing" - it really is just something like that, my memory is fading fast.

Fucking killed me for over a decade, I've no idea what it is.

Coco Da Silva - At Night

but I do not know the source of the sample.

smallman1 wrote:

"Cabin crew? Negative."

Fcuking love that line.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/d52466bd5dbcbba54fe55f5b47686369/tumblr_mxi9t5LswU1t3pdk3o1_1280.jpg

There's also that track on MMII which samples THX 1138. "We have a U65 on a K8"

Quality.

Ace wrote:
Grant wrote:

I'm going to embarrass myself here.  I don't even know if it's from a film, but a cracking tune from early 2000s and it had a American female vocal that said something along the lines of "From Florida.... At night they remember nothing" - it really is just something like that, my memory is fading fast.

Fucking killed me for over a decade, I've no idea what it is.

Coco Da Silva - At Night

but I do not know the source of the sample.

Excellent, thanks for that, made my day.

Mind you, that's not as good as I remember it.

the great  macaque monkey god  himself  , lady of our sacred hearts oakenfold, would squat and  lay this monstrous prog log over  his humble worshipers , and indeed,  would be eagerly received by a crowd eager for his  omnipotent film sample waste materials.

this 'hen's  egg' was usually laid over amoeba assassins' piledriver if i recall correctly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZKkxAQYxyE

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to die.

queue revellers weeping like women on the dance floor.

Last edited by EDWARDTHECONFESSOR (Thursday May 2014 04:18:02)

"Walk with me through the universe, and along the way see how all of us are connected. Feast the eyes of your soul on the love that abounds, in all places seemingly endless, like your own existence."

Presto wrote:
smallman1 wrote:

"Cabin crew? Negative."

Fcuking love that line.

Uhhhhhhh...

And for all those years I thought that line was from Event Horizon, it was actually a line from an episode from Airline.

You learn something new everyday.

Presto wrote:

Always wanted to know where the vocal on Lexicon Avenue - From Dusk Til Dawn came from tbh.

Love that track.

I did like that dark tribal sound between 2002-2004.