Topic: Moderat

How were they in Manchester?

And what time did they come on, off to see them later at Koko..

Re: Moderat

Came on at 11 and played for an hour and a half. Were brilliant as per and expected.

Illum Sphere played after. We fired off to Gorilla for Mano le Tough Tough.

Republik of Saddleworth

joeyp wrote:

Came on at 11 and played for an hour and a half. Were brilliant as per and expected.

What is that Gorilla place like Joe, sound system, bouncers, signal qual plus cloak room?

Big Fella wrote:
joeyp wrote:

What is that Gorilla place like Joe, sound system, bouncers, signal qual plus cloak room?

Terrible. Bouncers were turning people away randomly and anyone that leaned against a fence/ wall was refused entry.

Sound wise, I thought it was good. Low ceiling and decent atmosphere.

Wont be rushing back though, far too many cool kids and vest wankers

Republik of Saddleworth

Signal was solid tbf

Republik of Saddleworth

Superb Sir!

Milk and NR22 the highlights!

Love Moderat.
Wasn't completely bowled over by the new album but its starting to grow on me.

Hope they get some festival dates in the summer, would like to catch them again.

Got a spare for tonight if anyone fancies it?

A friend has pulled out sick..

Seymour Hoffman?

Part of the problem

They were absolutely senfcukingsational.

they were immense. best thing ive seen for a long time. and i watch emmerdale 5 times a week

any grainy iPhone vids with a wall of sound and people screaming WOOOOO to share?

fletcher wrote:

Love Moderat.
Wasn't completely bowled over by the new album but its starting to grow on me.

I've given that album a few listens now and it's still not growing on me. Tbh I can't comprehend how anyone could think it's a decent album.

Not as good as the first album. Then again its not really aimed at the masses, boring, Try something a little more obvious maybe?
Being cool isn't for everyone.

Part of the problem

Dermo wrote:

Not as good as the first album. Then again its not really aimed at the masses, boring, Try something a little more obvious maybe?
Being cool isn't for everyone.

Says a lover of power prog.

Mr Boring wrote:

Tbh I can't comprehend how anyone could think it's a decent album.

Who does that statement say more about I wonder...

smashdad wrote:
Mr Boring wrote:

What? I'm not entitled to not get an album? I'm not casting aspersions on anybody who does like it.

If I was going to do that I'd bring up the fact you loved prog breaks.

EDIT: English deserted me for a few moments there

Last edited by Mr Boring (Wednesday Feb 2014 17:29:37)

You people are exactly the reason I rarely bother commenting in the music threads. A bunch of failed wannabe djs so up their up own arses it's untrue. The fucking temerity of some people!

Mr Boring wrote:
smashdad wrote:
Mr Boring wrote:

What? I'm entitled to not get an album? I'm not casting aspersions on anybody who does like it.

Of course you're entitled not to get an album - however, what you said is that you cannot understand how anyone else possibly could.  Like I said - I wonder who your statement most enlightens us about?!

Mr Boring wrote:

If I was going to do that I bring up the fact you loved prog breaks.

Issued like some sort of absurd threat!?!

Otherwise known as state the bleedin' obvious.  Is that supposed to put me off my guard in some way - should I now feel that others have some 'dirt' on me somehow.  Yes mate - I loved the best of the prog breaks records and I still do. 

You apparently cannot understand how anybody else might like an album that you don't!

Now what?!

Last edited by smashdad (Wednesday Feb 2014 17:42:14)

Mr Boring wrote:

You people are exactly the reason I rarely bother commenting in the music threads. A bunch of failed wannabe djs so up their up own arses it's untrue. The fucking temerity of some people!

*swims up - sniffs bait - turns up nose - swims off*

smashdad wrote:

You apparently cannot understand how anybody else might like an album that you don't!

Now what?!

Ok, take my comment literally if you want to. Ignore the context. Ignore the hyperbole. Assume the worst. Score a few points.

Mr Boring wrote:

Emotional. Do you need a tissue?

Part of the problem

Mr Boring wrote:
smashdad wrote:

Now what?!

Ok, take my comment literally if you want to. Ignore the context. Ignore the hyperbole. Assume the worst. Score a few points.

My apologies - I didn't realise you'd loaded that particular post with hyperbolic, context-dependant content. 

Consider my lesson learnt - before commenting on any of your subsequent posts I shall enquire as to whether you were requiring them to be taken literally or in conjunction with a whole bunch of absolute ludicrous cuntery...

Dermo wrote:
Mr Boring wrote:

Yes. Might go into Wiggy style hiding.

Mr Boring wrote:
Dermo wrote:
Mr Boring wrote:

Yes. Might go into Wiggy style hiding.

Promises, promises...