Topic: Henry's New Mix

So basically it's gone viral with a massive 10 downloads in the past 3 days. And I am not posting as a separate topic because I've got a massive ego like Comer or anything, but because you need this mix in your lives. Or because Millsy told me.

https://soundcloud.com/kyushu-soundsystem/spring-2014

1. BT-13 Angels On My Broken Window Sill
2. Boards of Canada-Split Your Infinities
3. Extrawelt-Breedle
4. BT-Go(d)t
5. Myers Briggs-Forever
6. Aphex Twin-Helisphan
7. Sandrien-Haters
8. Vince Watson-Freq
9. Patrice Baumel-Birth
10. Lusine-Lucky (Lake People Remix)
11. Lusine-Lucky
12. Kraftwerk-News
13. Nils Frahm-More

Keep it FLAC. Say NO to variable bit rates.

Re: Henry's New Mix

As mentioned in the main mixes thread this mix is superb.

Best I've heard for ages.

As Yant says. This is class.

The boards answer to Dom Phillips shall listen and feedback.

Expecting big tings.

Hold tight.

Dom Phillips is one of the biggest wankers ever Ed. He's also a legendary clueless cunt when it comes to music.

Part of the problem

Dermo wrote:

Dom Phillips is one of the biggest wankers ever Ed. He's also a legendary clueless cunt when it comes to music.

His sleeve notes were the stuff of legend Dermo.

Dermo wrote:

Knowing most DJs can't refuse a free drink he got most of the people he interviewed for Superstar DJs, Here We Go intoxicated to get good gossip out of them. Shady motherfucker too.

Dom is still alive and well it seems (from a November release on Tulipa).....

Dom 'Hemingway' Phillips wrote:

Far below the low groans that echo through the depths of the subaqueous field dwells the entity John Selway. Slowly stirring through his plans of underwater reconstruction, he forges a plot to obliterate all trespassers within the range of his sonar-enhanced music. The psychological sound wave stimulation of On Time, as reported by the Tulipa Recordings-funded Institute of Aquatic Auditory Systems, has reached an unprecedented level of intensity. The time is perfect for the enemies to stand down so that the artistic artillery can explode forward in a flash of pure energy.

The original mix of On Time is a deep tech-house number sizzling with numbed percussion, vintage bleeps, and minced synth structures. At first listening the track strikes as an ode to the subdued side of electronic music, but once the groove is established On Time begins to negociate the psyche. John Selway is notorious for composing straightforward techno that bends back toward the classic days of dance floor hypnotica. The duoExercise One sail the song even further and navigate On Time down an analog waterfall swimming with digital creatures. Purposefully exploratory, their remix transcends the normative restraints of conveyor belt music and fires the imagination thoroughly. They liquify the environment and boost the water level just enough to let their profoundness be realized. The last call on the EP is a remix warmly sent by Arthur Oskan. Arthur is full of passion, inspiration, and emotive insight-- three characteristics that hammer his name deeply into the ocean floor and ensure that his musical gift is eternally appreciated. The remix hums and buzzes; it rotates slowly; it crosses realities. Triumphantly tranquil and superiorly melodic, it showers an array of colorful sparks high above the water and then drops down toward the crashing waves of enigmatic bliss below.

John Selway is a shark swimming quickly toward the glowing sphere of the ocean. Poignant and lucid, On Time is the rock upon which a new adventure will be built. Above the surface, the winds begins to rush while the moon glows from behind the cloud striations. On the shore, the Tulipa Gardens urge the land spirits to mimic their water kin. As the crescent gives way to the deep purple horizon at the night's end, the journey slows to a halt and dissolves into the stars.

reads like something ETC would write

"I am the fucking club" - Flares 19.03.14

millsy23 wrote:

Far below the low groans that echo through the depths of the subaqueous field dwells the entity John Selway. Slowly stirring through his plans of underwater reconstruction, he forges a plot to obliterate all trespassers within the range of his sonar-enhanced music. The psychological sound wave stimulation of On Time, as reported by the Tulipa Recordings-funded Institute of Aquatic Auditory Systems, has reached an unprecedented level of intensity. The time is perfect for the enemies to stand down so that the artistic artillery can explode forward in a flash of pure energy.

The original mix of On Time is a deep tech-house number sizzling with numbed percussion, vintage bleeps, and minced synth structures. At first listening the track strikes as an ode to the subdued side of electronic music, but once the groove is established On Time begins to negociate the psyche. John Selway is notorious for composing straightforward techno that bends back toward the classic days of dance floor hypnotica. The duoExercise One sail the song even further and navigate On Time down an analog waterfall swimming with digital creatures. Purposefully exploratory, their remix transcends the normative restraints of conveyor belt music and fires the imagination thoroughly. They liquify the environment and boost the water level just enough to let their profoundness be realized. The last call on the EP is a remix warmly sent by Arthur Oskan. Arthur is full of passion, inspiration, and emotive insight-- three characteristics that hammer his name deeply into the ocean floor and ensure that his musical gift is eternally appreciated. The remix hums and buzzes; it rotates slowly; it crosses realities. Triumphantly tranquil and superiorly melodic, it showers an array of colorful sparks high above the water and then drops down toward the crashing waves of enigmatic bliss below.

John Selway is a shark swimming quickly toward the glowing sphere of the ocean. Poignant and lucid, On Time is the rock upon which a new adventure will be built. Above the surface, the winds begins to rush while the moon glows from behind the cloud striations. On the shore, the Tulipa Gardens urge the land spirits to mimic their water kin. As the crescent gives way to the deep purple horizon at the night's end, the journey slows to a halt and dissolves into the stars.

this is how i imagine Gus' brain to function.

amazing mix sir....more stuff like this:-)

Thanks Simeon. Much appreciated.

Something along the same lines done from a few years back, if you haven't already got it:

https://soundcloud.com/#kyushu-soundsys … ember-2011

Koreless - 4D
Ilya Malyuev, Igor Cold - For Little (Ilya Malyuev)
Autechre; Vletrmx 21
Steve Moore-Bayern Kurve
Bakke & Joni - Envision (Ilya Malyuev & Ormatie)
Biosphere - Genkai-1
Röyksopp - Keyboard Milk
Rone - So So So
Vector Lovers - Melodies And Memories
Abyss - Birdsong (Flowers & Sea Creatures)
Vector Lovers - Afterglow
Reason Or Romanza; Radiance Trigger (Recue Remix)

will check these out over the weekend chief. Track listings look nice

Competence is such an exotic bird in these woods that I appreciate it whenever I see it.

Cheers Sean.

If you listen to mine I'll listen to yours.

Aww come on BF. Gizza a hug.

2 great mixes, nice work

Competence is such an exotic bird in these woods that I appreciate it whenever I see it.

Dom Phillips sleeve notes were nothing like stuff of legends. He's a back stabbing bitter little cunt who realised he'd much rather be doing what he was reporting on than doing the reporting. When he realised that wasn't going to happen and the people he was reporting on were suddenly making millions whilst he was earning a pittance he set about trying to discredit the whole scene.

Proper little weasel.

Part of the problem

And that sums up nicely what an utter cunt he is without me saying anything.

millsy23 wrote:

Part of the problem

Dom Phillips not Millsy.

(you owe me one Millsy)

Part of the problem

Going to listen to your first mix tomorrow morning HR.

Reet looking forward to it I must say.

Nice one Edward. Even if you hate it at least you bumped the thread.

Goes really well with a blueberry frappuccino too. I imagine.

Superb that Henry.

Henry, your mix sounds most excellent but because everyone else has listened to it and I like to be different i'm going to spite myself and not bother. Keep up the good work though and enjoy being pulled off by all and sundry.

Part of the problem

shameless bump from Derms there .

Not listened to the second mix yet Henry as I still have circa 20 hours of Jay's to listen to.