Re: Brace yourself for an acid revival.....

dj_todos wrote:

It comes in handy that last page!!!

I've only flipped through the manual pretty casually and tried a few of the patches before I said 'sod it' and started twiddling knobs.  I will be getting a bit more in depth with it soon.  I've got a PG-800 controller with my JX-8P that was my first ever synth, so I do have some programming experience... It's just rusty.

Mostly Doepfer as it's the easy way in/fairly cheap but I'll slowly upgrade the units as I go. Spent a bit more on Intellijel VCOs and ADSRs as they're the linchpins. I've just got all the standard parts of a monosynth so far (VCOs, VCAs, LFOs, filters, envelopes...), next step is to start adding the weird stuff like noise generators, sample and hold units etc to get a bit more variety. At the moment it's basically an SH101 with a bunch of wires sticking out of it. Modulargrid.net is a great way to lust/waste time:

http://i.imgur.com/pLYieYW.png

I have a Minibrute but I'm not convinced... sounds very thin. It's good for choppy, weird FX though.

sabotini wrote:

Mostly Doepfer as it's the easy way in/fairly cheap but I'll slowly upgrade the units as I go. Spent a bit more on Intellijel VCOs and ADSRs as they're the linchpins. I've just got all the standard parts of a monosynth so far (VCOs, VCAs, LFOs, filters, envelopes...), next step is to start adding the weird stuff like noise generators, sample and hold units etc to get a bit more variety. At the moment it's basically an SH101 with a bunch of wires sticking out of it. Modulargrid.net is a great way to lust/waste time:

http://i.imgur.com/pLYieYW.png

I have a Minibrute but I'm not convinced... sounds very thin. It's good for choppy, weird FX though.

Looks boss.  I'd love to see pics of your setup.  I was thinking of going the same route with some Doepfer stuff and making it somewhat contained like above. 

Gear lust is dangerous on the pocketbook.  My missus has already had a few stern words of warning. wink

All in boxes at the moment as we just moved house, but I'm building the "synth den" (pot smoking retreat hole) in the garden office over the next few weeks. I'll post some pics once it's all set up and sexy.

Garden office, like the sound of that.

sabotini wrote:

All in boxes at the moment as we just moved house, but I'm building the "synth den" (pot smoking retreat hole) in the garden office over the next few weeks. I'll post some pics once it's all set up and sexy.

Garden office/shed - the place that houses your 5 tonne modular synth and nothing else.  Speaking of which, I once read an article about (I believe it was) Rick Wakeman in Future Music and how he had to cut a hole in his loft roof to fit in his EMS Musys system into his studio.

the doepfer dark energy 2 would be a fine addition.

flares_and_an_anorak wrote:
EDWARDTHECONFESSOR wrote:

if your alive choci..still got me choci's chewns record bag!!

Sunday morning KLANG time.

I once went on a night out with the Jackpot lads and Choci turned up. I'd like to say he tagged along with us, but it was more like the other way around. You need big bollocks to walk around Ladbroke Grove on a Saturday night wearing a kilt and Arsenal football socks, but there he was striding along conducting events like a charisma whirlwind. Big personality.

just read that...nice.

There's something wrong with me chemically Something wrong with me inherently,The wrong MIX In the wrong genes, I reached the wrong ends By the wrong means, It was the wrong plan In the wrong hands,The wrong theory for the wrong man,The wrong eyes On the wrong prize,
The wrong questions with the wrong replies. Wrong.

the  mighty paul gaarn,(pablo gargano) kept me going on the train up to edinburgh...

telica.....a great great label.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VhV96OyLz8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k405Qdnd8CM

Last edited by EDWARDTHECONFESSOR (Tuesday Apr 2014 09:48:49)

There's something wrong with me chemically Something wrong with me inherently,The wrong MIX In the wrong genes, I reached the wrong ends By the wrong means, It was the wrong plan In the wrong hands,The wrong theory for the wrong man,The wrong eyes On the wrong prize,
The wrong questions with the wrong replies. Wrong.