Re: Worst UK accents

millsy23 wrote:

My wife is from Derby. She's never called me ducky.

Duckie is a jugger thing (stokie) They have crossed the border into Derby up the A50. Everyone in Stoke is called Duck, ducky, ducky egg. Maaaarmate. Thickest people on the isles Stoakies are. I think they were the first to get sent to Australia.

Part of the problem

Send a PM to yourself Rhouses, no cunt's interested.

草泥马

millsy23 wrote:

Yes. I'm actually sat in Derby right now as it happens. I've been called duckie three times this morning. At first it's all quite quaint, but soon turns sinister when it's an 18 stone bricklayer who's saying it and you're both standing at a urinal in Mickleover Tescos.

Aah, Mickleover Tescos...I worked there when i was about 15..Your inlaws must live near my mum. Its Derby, we are probably related!

Always found there is a huge black cloud overhanging Birmingham whenever I go up North which I take as the North/South divide marker. You go into a dark, colder climate and pissing rain that you only come out of at the exact same spot on the way back down.

katakana wrote:
millsy23 wrote:

Yes. I'm actually sat in Derby right now as it happens. I've been called duckie three times this morning. At first it's all quite quaint, but soon turns sinister when it's an 18 stone bricklayer who's saying it and you're both standing at a urinal in Mickleover Tescos.

Aah, Mickleover Tescos...I worked there when i was about 15..Your inlaws must live near my mum. Its Derby, we are probably related!

What year was that mate? I think every cunt worked there. It's like a wanky badge of honour in Mickleover.

------------
Millsy , you're a board titan and beyond mere platitudes. Your contribution speaks for itself.

niton (Oct 14)

The North of England is a fantastic part of the world.

It's down south that people are grim, unfriendly, downtrodden and cold.

草泥马

Was commenting on the weather, Dave.

But the weather's shit everywhere in England.

Except possibly Torquay.

草泥马

Beijing Dave wrote:

The North of England is a fantastic part of the world.

It's down south that people are grim, unfriendly, downtrodden and cold.

Yeah, but the weather's better and I get to swim in the sea every year. I would be a moody fucker if I lived in Leeds or Bournemouth, so I choose more sun, better outdoor living and no one calling me pet or ducky every time.

------------
Millsy , you're a board titan and beyond mere platitudes. Your contribution speaks for itself.

niton (Oct 14)

The weather in London is a damned sight better than up North. I lived in Liverpool for 3 years and regularly travel from sunshine in London to rain in Manchester via the North South divide.

Beijing Dave wrote:

But the weather's shit everywhere in England.

spot on.

Part of the problem

Statistically more sunshine hours in Bournmemouth than most places in the UK. I have the skin of Paul Hogan and the physique of a gazelle.

------------

niton (Oct 14)

I reckon it is about 10 degree warmer in the South.

Beat these stats, Millsy, you fucken preck...
"Shanghai has a humid subtropical climate (Köppen Cfa) and experiences four distinct seasons. Winters are chilly and damp, and cold northwesterly winds from Siberia can cause nighttime temperatures to drop below freezing, although most years there are only one or two days of snowfall. Summers are hot and humid, with an average of 8.7 days exceeding 35 °C (95 °F) annually; the most pleasant seasons are Spring, although changeable and often rainy, and Autumn, which is generally sunny and dry. The city averages 4.2 °C (39.6 °F) in January and 27.9 °C (82.2 °F) in July, for an annual mean of 16.1 °C (61.0 °F). Shanghai experiences on average 1,878 hours of sunshine per year, with the hottest temperature ever recorded at 40.8 °C (105 °F) on 7 August 2013."

草泥马

Beijing Dave wrote:

Beat these stats, Millsy, you fucken preck...
"Shanghai has a humid subtropical climate (Köppen Cfa) and experiences four distinct seasons. Winters are chilly and damp, and cold northwesterly winds from Siberia can cause nighttime temperatures to drop below freezing, although most years there are only one or two days of snowfall. Summers are hot and humid, with an average of 8.7 days exceeding 35 °C (95 °F) annually; the most pleasant seasons are Spring, although changeable and often rainy, and Autumn, which is generally sunny and dry. The city averages 4.2 °C (39.6 °F) in January and 27.9 °C (82.2 °F) in July, for an annual mean of 16.1 °C (61.0 °F). Shanghai experiences on average 1,878 hours of sunshine per year, with the hottest temperature ever recorded at 40.8 °C (105 °F) on 7 August 2013."

Have you got the air quality stats to hand?

------------

niton (Oct 14)

Agree with Millsy. Sussex had great weather, Yorkshire seemed like a horror show in comparison.

Stop bad mouthing the motherland Rhouses and just be happy we let you in.

Part of the problem

millsy23 wrote:

Have you got the air quality stats to hand?

Admittedly, it's difficult to get a tan when you're in a version of the Truman Show where the 'walls' are made out of brick dust and chemical plant emissions.

草泥马

Dermo wrote:

Stop bad mouthing the motherland Rhouses and just be happy we let you in.

I already told Rhouses to take it to PM.

草泥马

Tackled a few northern doris' in my time.

Reet mucky.

millsy23 wrote:

My wife is from Derby.

Does she say she's from "Dorr-beh" though......"just heading up jitty, duck"

"I am the fucking club" - Flares 19.03.14

chuffer wrote:
millsy23 wrote:

My wife is from Derby.

Does she say she's from "Dorr-beh" though......"just heading up jitty, duck"

lol @ just heading up jitty. That's her step father in a nutshell.

------------

niton (Oct 14)

Stoke is a given for me. Spent a few years working down there. 'Yow raght yooth? I inner bad duck'

Fucking Leicester has a shite tone as well. What a fucking hole that place is.

Had some great nights at Golden though, some characters in there alright.

A posh Edinburgh accent gets right on my fucking tits.